Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #57
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggholmes View Post
Its funny when people say dril drill drill. We are already exporting our surplus oil. How will it lower the price when we already produce more oil then we use? The price will never come back down, oil companies make to much profit. If we use less they just produce less. Btw i would love an electric car if it had the range and price. Oil is dying, slowly. Oil companies are killing it. I may just retire onto a sailboat.
If I remember correctly (senior memory, ya know) it is the refined products, such as diesel, they are exporting.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrtrcr View Post
We are not exporting crude oil. We are exporting an excess of refined product.

Let me see if I can spell this right-----"ANALIZE IT ALL YOU WANT"
Look at post #38 again,again and again.........
America's #1 export last year......... I know you thought it was wheat (it use to be) again #38 FINISHED PETROLUEM PRODUCTS!

AS OUR PRICE GO UP, Where I llive we do not have the use of ships, some on rail,(no gas just diesel) if the tanks filled up they would have to cut charge, as we are running [Moderator Edit] 70,000 bbd (max cap.) and selling everything we can produce due to the supply and demand factor......down south(texas) the refinery's are so big that they produce a lot more than they can sell within our southern regon of our country so on the ships it goes....... to the highest bidder......end of story for now

p.s as it stands right now the pipe line that trans canada want to install in our country would only make two people richer, the people that sold the crude and the people that exoprted the finished product... think about it
any idea's?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #59

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
...so on the ships it goes....... to the highest bidder......end of story for now

any idea's?
There's a world market for crude oil and refined products. Supply goes where demand exists. How would you propose changing that?

Rusty
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #60

Ok for the Europe is paying more for gas than us (US) take a look at International Perspective on
Gasoline Taxes 2005
. It is from 2005 but it gives you an idea on the fuel price versus the TAXES price.
For example France was paying $1.76 for gas and 3.77 for taxes, when we were paying 1.55 and .46

If you look here US DOT you can see the 2010 rates according to US DOT. So in 2010 the UK payed 978% more in taxes than the US.
NOT that that makes it any easier or cheaper, but they are paying for government programs.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
New Perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
...it gives you an idea on the fuel price versus the TAXES price. For example France was paying $1.76 for gas and 3.77 for taxes, when we were paying 1.55 and .46
Great insight. Thanks, B!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
No matter how you slice it, I still can't comprehend how pricing a product out of the reach of consumers when everything that drives our economy, revolves around that product, in so many ways, to promote an alternative energy source that is unproven and unreliable is good for Americans.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #63

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
No matter how you slice it, I still can't comprehend how pricing a product out of the reach of consumers when everything that drives our economy, revolves around that product, in so many ways, to promote an alternative energy source that is unproven and unreliable is good for Americans.
I don't believe the pricing is 'to promote an alternative energy source'. I believe pricing is due to world supply/demand dynamics, price manipulation by cartels, the desire of those cartels to keep the price just at the pain threshold, and their hope that the pain threshold will inch higher.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #64

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
I don't believe the pricing is 'to promote an alternative energy source'. I believe pricing is due to world supply/demand dynamics, price manipulation by cartels, the desire of those cartels to keep the price just at the pain threshold, and their hope that the pain threshold will inch higher.

+10
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Steven Chu taken out of context

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Trying to not be political. But whos energy secretary stated a couple years ago that a certain prestdent wanted us to pay the same for gas as the europeans?

[Moderator Edit]

For RVers, the good news is (as pointed out by BCooke, above), much of Europe's gas price is taxes. [Moderator Edit]
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #66

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
Steven Chu's remarks were taken out of context; his was not the sentiment of the administration respresented by the oil industry, nor the present one.
I can refute your contention with direct quotes from both the current president and the energy secretary, but out of respect for the iRV2 Community Rules that bar political discussions, I won't do so. Instead, I would certainly recommend that anyone who wants to see their verbatim statements try a Google search and see for yourselves what the facts are.

Rusty
Old 03-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I can refute your contention with direct quotes from both the current president and the energy secretary, but out of respect for the iRV2 Community Rules that bar political discussions, I won't do so...

Rusty
They can go off the forum and see the facts of that here.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #68

Texas Boomers Club
Again, I'm not going to get into a battle of links with you - we're too far into the political realm already - but it's interesting you ignore his 2008 statement during his first campaign.

Rusty
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #69
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
we're too far into the political realm already
Rusty
I guess at this point nothing more needs to be said about the subject.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #70

Texas Boomers Club
Good luck moderating this one!! The topic is fraught with politics.

Rusty
Closed Thread

Tags
gas