Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #71

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sure is a nice day here in sunny Southern California

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #72

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Well, I have learned a LOT about this topic and gained a lot of insight from this thread, particularly from RustyJC, who seems to be well educated on the subject. If it is about to be shut down, thanks to all who participated.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #73

Thor Owners Club
I was going to make a comment .. actually deleted it After reading the whole thread .. my work here is done... ..
Peace D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Most of the big south coastal refinerys are not home (usa) based oil companys, so if they want to export such a large amount of finished product out of USA and create a shortage with the end result of rising pump prices.....put a high export tax on every gallon that goes out of our country. If those refinerys want to supply china and other high paying countrys with finished products, move! someone will always buy thier old refinery and operate it.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Most of the big south coastal refinerys are not home (usa) based oil companys, so if they want to export such a large amount of finished product out of USA and create a shortage with the end result of rising pump prices.....put a high export tax on every gallon that goes out of our country.
I'm sure companies such as ExxonMobil (Irving, TX) and Valero (San Antonio, TX) would be surprised to know that they're not U.S. corporations.

It doesn't matter where the corporate headquarters are located, a publicly traded corporation is going to sell its product where it can get the best price for it since their obligation to their shareholders is to maximize earnings and dividends. As I said earlier, the market for refined products is global - the supply will go where the demand exists, whether that's the U.S. for gasoline or Europe and the developing countries for diesel fuel.

As far as export and import tariffs are concerned, our membership in the WTO (World Trade Organization) aside from the basic economic impact of artificial government restraints on free markets pretty much makes that a non-starter. When we impose tariffs, our trading partners justifiably retaliate with tariffs and restrictions of their own.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I'm sure companies such as ExxonMobil (Irving, TX) and Valero (San Antonio, TX) would be surprised to know that they're not U.S. corporations.

It doesn't matter where the corporate headquarters are located, a publicly traded corporation is going to sell its product where it can get the best price for it since their obligation to their shareholders is to maximize earnings and dividends. As I said earlier, the market for refined products is global - the supply will go where the demand exists, whether that's the U.S. for gasoline or Europe and the developing countries for diesel fuel.

As far as export and import tariffs are concerned, our membership in the WTO (World Trade Organization) aside from the basic economic impact of artificial government restraints on free markets pretty much makes that a non-starter. When we impose tariffs, our trading partners justifiably retaliate with tariffs and restrictions of their own.

Rusty
It doesn't matter where the corporate headquarters are located??????????
WOW?????? THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!! as far as those companys being surprised that they are not usa companys......... I do not think there is any surprise going on here. free trade....... time to end it and start taking care of our country! rusty, over your life so far don't you see a bad trend in our country??????We import more than we export (other than finished petroleum) our country is in trouble, maybe we will wait till we are in the same boat as Iceland and greece and others
Old 03-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
...free trade....... time to end it and start taking care of our country! rusty, over your life so far don't you see a bad trend in our country??????We import more than we export (other than finished petroleum) our country is in trouble, maybe we will wait till we are in the same boat as Iceland and greece and others
We're getting into a completely different discussion here as far as reasons for our balance of trade imbalance, the exodus of manufacturing jobs (and products) from the U.S. to other countries and the resultant need to import the finished products, etc. Although periphially related, it really deserves its own thread if you'd care to start one rather than to hijack the OP's thread with such an off-topic discussion.

Rusty
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
5.00 dollar a gallon gas is the new 4.00 dollar a gallon gas says the news media

I do not understand how my comments is
'hijacking this thread"
the thread was about why gas is $5.00 per gallon Rusty?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #79
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Look at your quote in post #77 above. Discussing the advantages and disadvantages of global free trade and balance of trade problems in general is a far shot from discussing fuel prices (although, as I said, they're periphially related). If you want to broaden the discussion, take your shot, but I'm not going to disrespect the OP.

And you don't need to address me in bold, large, red typeface. I can read the standard Verdana 2 that's the preferred forum typeface with no problem, despite my advanced age.

Rusty
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Look at your quote in post #77 above. Discussing the advantages and disadvantages of global free trade and balance of trade problems in general is a far shot from discussing fuel prices (although, as I said, they're periphially related). If you want to broaden the discussion, take your shot, but I'm not going to disrespect the OP.

And you don't need to address me in bold, large, red typeface. I can read the standard Verdana 2 that's the preferred forum typeface with no problem, despite my advanced age.

Rusty
No disrespect intended, when I copyed and pasted the thread letter head that was the color it pasted in and it just followed the paste in red. no bold just in red. sorry if I offended you
Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
It's a pleasure to see adults working thru a misunderstanding.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #82

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's another beautiful day in southern California today

Darn, it's hard to stay on topic on this tight wire thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #83

Simple...$175.00 per barrel of oil........$175.00 per bushel of grain....
Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #84
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Kirby
Simple...$175.00 per barrel of oil........$175.00 per bushel of grain....
I think we have a winner.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
gas