Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2015, 08:46 AM   #15

This one is amazing to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by olustee bus View Post

It looks like an "ok" flashlight....what about it strikes you as "amazing" ? Maybe I
overlooked it's best attribute 😃

Old 12-31-2015, 09:29 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Everyone really needs several different types of flashlights.

1. Multi-LED work lights that have a hook/magnet/legs. These lights have a wide spread for working in dark areas.

2. Long distance, variable focus. These are good for outside the coach when trying to find out what thatt noise is

There is a tradeoff between brightness and battery life.
Rechargable batteries like Lithium provide high power, but you need to keep extra charged batteries handy.

Also, the single LED, like CREE, allow a much better beam focus than a multi-LED light.

I am not sure i know how many flashlights i have....but I can usually find one in a nearby drawer.

Regards,

Dan
Old 12-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #18

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Having spent many years in the fire service/EMS I have landed on the Streamlight Polytac LED with Lithium batteries....VERY bright, thumb switch, batteries last a LONG time and store well...and did I say VERY bright to almost blinding....waterproof. You can normally find them for around $40. I got tired of worthless flashlights and upgraded to one I can count on...JMHO
Old 12-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #19
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramedic 1 View Post
Having spent many years in the fire service/EMS I have landed on the Streamlight Polytac LED with Lithium batteries....VERY bright, thumb switch, batteries last a LONG time and store well...and did I say VERY bright to almost blinding....waterproof. You can normally find them for around $40. I got tired of worthless flashlights and upgraded to one I can count on...JMHO
Too bad that it isn't a rechargeable light as it looks to be about what I want for the RV. CR123 batteries in anything, IMO, are a pain where I sit.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #20

pocket flashlight

for $4 at Walmart, great when you need one now, uses a AAA battery, fits

in your pocket.

Jim
Old 12-31-2015, 03:16 PM   #21
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
What I bought say two years ago and thought this was THE camping light for me. Now days it has half the brightness of cool cheap flashlights out there now. My “light” is solar rechargeable. Now it sits in the sun all day. I use a $15 flashlight that is over three times as bright and will work for 30 hours all the time.

What I am waiting for is a pair of clip-on infrared glasses like my sun glasses. Now there is something with a market. Ain’t holding my breath on that one.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
It looks like an "ok" flashlight....what about it strikes you as "amazing" ? Maybe I
overlooked it's best attribute 😃
A small flashlight with such a bright beam at a very reasonable price.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:18 PM   #23

Retired Fire Service RVer's
IC2....sorry you have had issues with cr123 batteries....but all I know is they have an unbelievable shelf life and my Streamlight Polytacs work when I need them...and that is all that matters to me in a flashlight. I get my cr123 batteries from Amazon for around $19 per doz shipped to my home...no shipping charges with Amazon Prime...love it.
I am sure there are better flashlights out there but after spending many years as a firefighter/paramedic I had to have a flashlight(s) that worked EVERY TIME ...NON FAIL....and under the worst conditions.
We also carry a large rechargeable Black/Decker spotlight...1100 lumens...and $20.00 at Walmart....works great....VERY bright....recharges on house current or 12 volt.
Again....these are JMHO....bottom line is>>carry something/multiple somethings...as one night you will REALLY need a flashlight.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:01 PM   #24

I'm considering buying something like this.... It can be used as a club, has a stun gun, and flashlight. Useful for self defense against 4 legged or 2 legged attackers. They say it so durable you can drive a car over it and not hurt it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1451617252.971916.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	115392
Old 01-01-2016, 09:02 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
I have maybe 5-6 flash lights in the MH. Several free ones spread around from harbor freight. Two 250 lumen rechargeable off Amazon $12, one 500 lumen $20 don't remember where, and one 1000 lumen that were I think two for $29 at Costco Duracell and that will start fires if not careful. Then a couple water proof Cree 250 lumen around the house for $12 each. All work well, but if you want big I have an older 2,000,000 candle power witch if you do the math is 24,000,000 lumen. Best deal for the $$ spent is either the Cree or Duracell.

LEN
I thought you were going to sum up by saying "..and none of them work.."

have a happy new year

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I'm considering buying something like this.... It can be used as a club, has a stun gun, and flashlight. Useful for self defense against 4 legged or 2 legged attackers. They say it so durable you can drive a car over it and not hurt it.

Attachment 115392
Dang man, does that come with a banana clip?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Oh I didn't even go into the work lights I have on board. Like the head band type for hands free or the ball cap that has six LEDs two green or the tripod(small) for hands free or the one that I got for Xmas that is a work light and WILL light up a football field. My wife says it's a fettish until the lights go out or there's a Firefox to watch or a coyote or a Bob cat(a couple have red lens for wildlife viewing. Maybe I need a garage sale LOL.

TOYS TOYS ANDMORE TOYS

LEN
Old 01-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #28

Smile What about this flashlight?

If you like the Nebo, try the Refun A100 rechargeable, includes rechargeable battery, charger, at 900 Lumen LED. You can also use 3 AAA, if needed with adapter. This flashlight is also water resistant. We love this! Purchased from Amazon Prime for 17.99.

Tags
light