Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCCRVr
I really must share this thread with my good friend, who would never lower herself to the level of 'camping' for vacation - no hotel - no trip.
This gal takes a can of lysol and her own food when she travels.
But does she lift the mattress when she enters a hotel room?
If I have to travel (non-RV) bedspread goes in the corner then the wife looks as I lift the mattress, when we get home everything gets washed (except for electronics ).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #30

If it were possible she'd bring her own mattress, but I think she just counts on the lysol to take care of everything. Definitely the bed covers come off and go into the closet, and the furniture is not sat upon without a towel underneath.
remote controls, telephones, door knobs, light switches, pretty sure she's got it covered...lol

Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #31

seem we share a common theme,we like to take dog with us, we don't really care for motel rooms,we've run the gauntlet from super nice and clean to waking up and finding giant water bugs running from the light.
i really don't like staying in big citys but the campgrounds we have stayed at were usually more secure then some of the motels even inside city limits.
and the biggest thing for the dw is she can sleep in while i pack up and drive
i like to get an early start and she thinks noon is getting up early.
she also can't set in one place too long so the mh lets her move around
happy camping
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #32

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
We travel with large dogs. At a hotel = "Dog Friendly Rooms" (haha)...really cuts down on the chances of getting a nice clean room. The RV is always clean and accommodating for us and our fur baby's.

I do not want to start a flame-fest about people traveling with dogs. Seems like we have seen it all. It's really quite simple, keep the puppy's quiet and clean-up after them and everyone is happy! So, happy that everyone will want to come say Hi!
T/J if I may?

Whats the issue with traveling with fur babies? I have 3 and will have a 4th in the spring.
I will be traveling with a Boxer, Mal Shi and a Berger Blanc Suisse. 4th one doesnt travel.
I am a newbie to RV travel and must admit the RV purchase is because I want my fur babies with me when I travel. So what is the dos and donts of RV life with the dogs?
Thank You
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #33
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
T/J if I may?

Whats the issue with traveling with fur babies? I have 3 and will have a 4th in the spring.
I will be traveling with a Boxer, Mal Shi and a Berger Blanc Suisse. 4th one doesnt travel.
I am a newbie to RV travel and must admit the RV purchase is because I want my fur babies with me when I travel. So what is the dos and donts of RV life with the dogs?
Thank You
There is no issue when traveling with pets (for the pet owners)...My post ended with a "disclaimer" to hopefully stop the possibility of the thread going off-topic. Sometimes, talk about doggies and camping on the forum brings up stories about the impact by the minority of dog owners who do not take care of their pups. Searching these threads, you might read stories about those that never pick-up poop, or they leave the dogs tied to a tree - barking all day, or worse... We've probably all seen these things happen, so I was hoping to avoid a rehash in this thread.

The do's and don'ts of RV life with the dogs are best covered in a different thread - just search for keywords like "pets."

So, back on-topic...RV vs. Motel - If you go to Laughlin, NV, the Pioneer Inn has pet friendly rooms for a pretty good price, but they are not as nice as my RV!

Take care and have fun!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Fancy.
Many if not most of us travel with our pets. Look down the list a little, we have an entire forum devoted to traveling with your pets.
Clean up after them
keep them quiet
don't let them scare people.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
We do both.................83+ days this year in a hotel and 4-5 months in our rv this year for DH work. LOL

We do not take our dog when in hotels and I do not always go with because of that. We do prefer our RV by far as we have our dog and I can cook and scrapbook etc. It’s more like home for us.

We have never found bed bugs in our rooms, but I too travel with Lysol when traveling in hotels.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lets take a little time to think before we post as personal attacks are against our rules.

Quote:
.Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Smile Knowledge is King

At least you know who slept in the bed last! and how clean the bathroom is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMinflorida View Post
I have stay at some of these motels and had the same complains.
It was the main reason we got a 36 DP, It is the same size as a motel room, and we have all the comforts of home

America's 10 worst hotel chains- MSN Money
Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #38

On the other hand we had lot parties until late at night, generators running next to us, and luke warm water in 3 minute bursts in the showers at the campgrounds we stayed at with our most recent trip. Add in the people playing music on their external speakers or listening to TV's outside the RV and it is anything but peaceful. And then there are the people who start up their diesel engines at 6:00 AM to leave their campsite. We would have gotten a lot more sleep in 99% of the hotels we have stayed at over the years then in these $40 a night RV parks.

We enjoy staying at NFS and BLM and unmarked campsites where there is "primitive" camping only allowed as it is infinitely quieter.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #39

Georgie Boy Owners Club
I stayed at the Marriot in Indianapolis loved it cept for the fire alarm that kept going off all nite. It hada short in the wiring. I wont miss that.

Tags
travel