Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #15

To All Canadians:

Bring your ATM cards when you come down for the Winter. We Southerners are very appreciative for all the money you leave down here. Feel free to buy all your clothes and other purchases--since we don't have your 15% Canadian sales taxes.

We need all the sales tax income possible for our state's general fund.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #16

Of course when people violate the law they have problems. We have known about the $10,000 law for some time. Violate it and guess what you will be caught up in it. I have been employed in law enforcement and there are bad officers, like any other place of employment. They get rid of them when ever they are caught. The majority of officers are honest. With credit cards, ATM cards, debit cards so available why are people carrying around more than $10,000 in cash? Pretty obvious it is drug money and against the law. When I was working and stopped a vehicle and they had $20,000 in a brown paper bag in the trunk it didn't take some literary giant to figure out why they had it. That money all gets logged into evidence. The DA gets to handle the problem. The officer just goes onto the next crime problem. What happens to that money is not my problem. If it isn't drug money or 211 PC money get an attorney and you will get it back. JMHO.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #17

SKNight
I will assume that you are talking about searching with a warrant. If they have a warrant they will search or impound until searched. It's your choice how long you plan to wait it out but never less they will search and seize if need be. It's not up to you nor an option if the have a warrant to search based on PC. That would be state and local LEO. and Federal LEO but not all Federal LEO. The Custom and Border Protection Officers ( of aircraft, vessels passengers baggage goods ) Federal LEO's under the DHS) have the right to search without a warrant on waterways, airports and any nexus of the border. You refuse to be searched, your vehicle ,baggage or vehicle you can be jailed, detained , fined and loose your vehicle and goods or personnel effects right on the spot. If you think I am kidding check out the Code of Federal regulations and look under search and seizure authority . Now if you want to play it safe don't go out of the US with an attitude that they can't dot to me. Send me a PM and I'll explain even more. <K9Piper>
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:38 AM   #18

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight View Post
Unless I can be charged with a crime or illegal activity then they will not search my vehicle, they will not seize my property. I have utmost respect for law enforcement, I've donated nearly 100 hours to charity for LEOs this year alone, but they have laws to follow also.

The first one was written 238 years ago, it's called the 4th amendment.

Unfortunately they seem to have forgotten that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Piper View Post
SKNight
I will assume that you are talking about searching with a warrant. If they have a warrant they will search or impound until searched. It's your choice how long you plan to wait it out but never less they will search and seize if need be. It's not up to you nor an option if the have a warrant to search based on PC. That would be state and local LEO. and Federal LEO but not all Federal LEO. The Custom and Border Protection Officers ( of aircraft, vessels passengers baggage goods ) Federal LEO's under the DHS) have the right to search without a warrant on waterways, airports and any nexus of the border. You refuse to be searched, your vehicle ,baggage or vehicle you can be jailed, detained , fined and loose your vehicle and goods or personnel effects right on the spot. If you think I am kidding check out the Code of Federal regulations and look under search and seizure authority . Now if you want to play it safe don't go out of the US with an attitude that they can't dot to me. Send me a PM and I'll explain even more. <K9Piper>
Note words in bold above.

I make it a point to know the laws very well and stipulations attached with going certain areas. And for example, while the TSA may search my bag if I wish to fly they absolutely will not do it outside of certain bounds. I proved that first hand at the Atlanta airport over my camera bag, in this example a TSA agent tried to walk away to a closed room with my bag and I busted his tail in front of not only his supervisor but the entire crowd as well. My bag was checked with my supervision and never left my sight.

America is allowing agencies to twist the law while turning a blind eye to the fact our basic rights are eroding away. The basic problem is the people are generally ignorant and a basic threat will make most people cower.

So don't comment on my attitude. Send me a PM and I'll explain that to you.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #19

Kudos to the Post for exposing this fraud. My bet is that as it existence becomes exposed further it will get shut down. Meanwhile though, I'm absolutely amazed something like this is going on in modern society. It's surely doing nothing to enhance people's opinions of the police..... and unfortunately, affecting even the ones that are doing outstanding work!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Like any other news, a few cases get sensationalized. You are more likely to get hit by a tornado, flash flood, or lightening. Unless you are in route to make a large purchase, why on earth would anyone want to be in possession of that much cash? I rarely have more than $20 in my pocket, maybe $200 when traveling abroad.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #21

the key is you have to prove to them how you obtained the funds. They do need PC to do a search and it must be with a warrant unless you say they can search . If you do that you are tossing your rights some what out the window. Whenever a LEO wants to search you have them get a warrant. The exception to the rule is when you exit or enter the USA the Customs Border Protection Officers have the authority to search and seize with out a warrant no one else has that authority. No state Le or local Le Units do nor other Federal Law Enforcement Units. This authority for the CBP was given back in 1789 by the Federal Gov. under Congressional Law when the CBP was known as the U S Customs.
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel