Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Firebug5's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
How many of you do like my wife and I do by picking up what others have left? I pick up after my dog and I also pick up after others' dogs. I know it really isn't my responsibility, but I feel it is the right thing to do so that one day all campgrounds don't ban dogs. Wouldn't that be a shame? I have yet to read where somebody else does what my wife and I do -- I just read where everybody whines about it.

Bruce
I hear you, but if we did that on our daily 5-mile hike, instead of taking 1 1/2 hours, it would take half a day. I use the poop bags, but dislike them, too squishy for me . At campgrounds, I simply take our small pooper-scooper and do as you do. I hope this thread is more about getting pet owners to do the decent, common sense thing instead of whining about it. BTW, nice first name!
__________________

__________________
Bruce & Judy, living the dream in Salida, CO!
2005 Nat'l Dolphin W22 Chassis, 2004 Jeep Liberty
"Let's Roll 'em, Let's Roll 'em!"
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Clayobx's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Willow Lakes RV & Golf Resort, FL
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
How many of you do like my wife and I do by picking up what others have left? I pick up after my dog and I also pick up after others' dogs. I know it really isn't my responsibility, but I feel it is the right thing to do so that one day all campgrounds don't ban dogs. Wouldn't that be a shame? I have yet to read where somebody else does what my wife and I do -- I just read where everybody whines about it.

Bruce
DW and I both pick up after others. I don't like it but we do. I don't want anyone to think the pile may have been left by one of my girls! I've been to many RV parks and resorts that now fine the negligent pet owner. I like the idea. In fact at Ocean Lakes where IRV 2 National Rally was held security was on the look out for just such occasion's. You could not dodge the $100.00 fine it was added to your credit card on file. Suppose you could claim fraud to your bank issuing the CC but your still in for a hassle!
__________________

__________________
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naples, Fl.
Posts: 1,303
Preaching to the choir here.

You could substitute any rule in there and ask why campers do not follow them.

Again most of the rule breakers are not reading this forum, unfortunately.
__________________
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
adonh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 1,306
The reason, those rules are make for everyone else!!
__________________
Don
2003 Forest River Cardinal Platinum 37' 5th Wheel
1976 31' Airstream
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa peter View Post
I'll add #3 ... Why can't people understand that I do not care to have my personal space/site invaded by a dog where the owner says ... " he/she just wants to say hi! "?
On our last trip, some new neighbors set up camp next to us. We were grilling outside and sat down to eat our dinner at the picnic table.

Here comes the woman with a little dog NOT ON A LEASH, and she said exactly that. "Foo-foo wants to say hi!!" The dog was jumping up on the table benches and making me nervous while our dinner got cold. Very inconsiderate annoying...and we are dog lovers.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,381
I walk one of our cats on a leash, I ALWAYS watch out for dogs off leash. Our cat is very friendly and has no fear of dogs and has been known to walk right up to even Malamutes and rub against them.
Dogs off leash and people not cleaning up after them has been a problem for YEARS. Some people just seem to think they and their dogs are above the rules that everyone else must live by.
__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orting, WA
Posts: 204
Like everyone else, I get annoyed at picking up dog poop. Other than that, dogs just aren't a big enough deal for me to get worked up about. If they come around, I say hello, pet them on their heads and wait for the mom or dad to show up. Lots of other stuff irritates me way more then dogs.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
__________________
Toni Froehling
2005 Country Coach Inspire 51431
Orting, WA
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
 
SarahW's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In a lawnchair
Posts: 11,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtjester View Post
Like everyone else, I get annoyed at picking up dog poop. Other than that, dogs just aren't a big enough deal for me to get worked up about. If they come around, I say hello, pet them on their heads and wait for the mom or dad to show up. Lots of other stuff irritates me way more then dogs.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.
It's not the dogs that are the problem. It's people who think rules don't apply to them. We own a dog and he is part of our family...but we pick up after him and keep him on a leash where the rules say to do so. I consider this for his safety as well.
__________________
.2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #23
paz
Senior Member
 
paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Full-timers - Home is where we park it.
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
Two things I need to publicly vent about because one day it will ruin things for all of us.


  1. Why can't people clean up after their dogs????????? I have a lab and I always carry bags with me when I walk her. Generally I have her go on our own spot before the walk, but sometimes I need that bag during the walk. I ALWAYS see remains lying on the ground from other dogs. If some folks are too good to clean up after their dogs then maybe they should reconsider bringing their dogs camping with them. The campground employees are not responsible to clean up after you.
  2. Why can't people follow the simple rule that their dog must be on a leash any time that dog is outside. I can't tell you how many times I see a dog running loose because "they are so well trained they do not need to be on a leash". I'm sure when someone walking their dog passes by someday, and gets attacked that will be very reassuring.


Sorry, but I needed to say that.
We're dog owners, and we have the same pet peeves (pun intended).

On a couple of occasions when we forgot to carry a bag, I stood guard over the pile of poop (so no one would step in it and so anyone who happened to be watching knew we had no intention of leaving it) while DW went back to the rig to get a bag.
__________________
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 AM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 52
We backed into our spot at our favorite campground in Ohio. TW was directing me in when she happen to look down and see poop in the grass. Not one pile but five piles. It looked like it had been the for a few days. The guy next to me that had two dogs came over with a shovel and a bag and cleaned it up.(It was not from his dogs because it was to dry). After setting up and thanking the gentleman I went to the office to let them know. They checked and there had not been on that spot the since the weekend before. They were going to send the previous campers a bill for clean up.

I think the spots should be checked after check out. They come around and clean the fire ring out. They could check and take care of the problem before someone else uses that spot.
__________________
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
Two things I need to publicly vent about because one day it will ruin things for all of us.


  1. Why can't people clean up after their dogs????????? I have a lab and I always carry bags with me when I walk her. Generally I have her go on our own spot before the walk, but sometimes I need that bag during the walk. I ALWAYS see remains lying on the ground from other dogs. If some folks are too good to clean up after their dogs then maybe they should reconsider bringing their dogs camping with them. The campground employees are not responsible to clean up after you.
  2. Why can't people follow the simple rule that their dog must be on a leash any time that dog is outside. I can't tell you how many times I see a dog running loose because "they are so well trained they do not need to be on a leash". I'm sure when someone walking their dog passes by someday, and gets attacked that will be very reassuring.


Sorry, but I needed to say that.

Totally agree!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naples, Fl.
Posts: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
On our last trip, some new neighbors set up camp next to us. We were grilling outside and sat down to eat our dinner at the picnic table.

Here comes the woman with a little dog NOT ON A LEASH, and she said exactly that. "Foo-foo wants to say hi!!" The dog was jumping up on the table benches and making me nervous while our dinner got cold. Very inconsiderate annoying...and we are dog lovers.
She certainly wronged you. No doubt, but part of it was you were too "nice."

They imposed on you because you also allowed them.

A firm: "I am sorry we are eating and cannot entertain visitors, even Foo-foo."

No disrespect meant to you, just offering an alternative.
__________________
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naples, Fl.
Posts: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by psrujak View Post
We backed into our spot at our favorite campground in Ohio. TW was directing me in when she happen to look down and see poop in the grass. Not one pile but five piles. It looked like it had been the for a few days. The guy next to me that had two dogs came over with a shovel and a bag and cleaned it up.(It was not from his dogs because it was to dry). After setting up and thanking the gentleman I went to the office to let them know. They checked and there had not been on that spot the since the weekend before. They were going to send the previous campers a bill for clean up.

I think the spots should be checked after check out. They come around and clean the fire ring out. They could check and take care of the problem before someone else uses that spot.
Good campground hosts do check, and clean, no matter how unpleasant.
__________________
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
LittleHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, On
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dogs View Post
1. This is so true! I usually find the mess by stepping in it...which I just
love. it takes all of one second to clean up after your baby....

2. Even though I own dogs, I am scared of ones I do not know because I
was attacked when I was a child. Again....it only take a second for them
to get away or get hit or something unexpected to scare them and for
them to react badly.

I was also attacked as a child and am wary of unknown dogs. As we walk I scan for dogs on the loose,(my dh doesn't understand this though). Our dog is a chihuahua and so many campers have big dogs,I worry they'll mistake her for a squirrel. The poodle we had before wasn't friendly with other dogs and that was also a worry on walks. Most parks have an on leash rule, but so many campers ignore this.
__________________

__________________
6.5 lb Chihuahua (Bella)
18ft tt Apex bh
2016 Ford F150,FX4 Scab,5.0 L V8,
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vent



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
360 Siphon Vent Northernaire Damon 8 05-11-2015 06:24 PM
Replaced the bathroom vent lid RTegarini Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 4 06-09-2014 12:01 PM
Model-year 2005/06 Sightseer/Sunova bathroom vent RTegarini Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 05-27-2014 08:33 AM
Vent cover and Luggage door latch replacement Lincolnboy2 RV Systems & Appliances 3 05-23-2014 11:25 AM
Bounder: Refrigerator vent leak jskjr99 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 10 01-16-2014 11:46 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.