Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #29

In my opinion if all dogs in public areas were kept on a leash the chance of something bad happening is almost nonexistent. I have always followed this rule / law and never had an incident.

Joe 1998 Itasca Sunflyer Ford 460

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
She certainly wronged you. No doubt, but part of it was you were too "nice."

They imposed on you because you also allowed them.

A firm: "I am sorry we are eating and cannot entertain visitors, even Foo-foo."

No disrespect meant to you, just offering an alternative.
I'm with you on this alternative. This can even get into the whole "camping vs traveling" distinction. Someone who thinks they're "camping" might think nothing of sliding over to your site and saying hi... whereas someone who's just "traveling" along with their home doesn't really welcome folks just walking into their place with the dog running loose.

We too have been appalled at how often we've seen what the OP describes. At first, I wrote it off to perhaps some folks getting up in years and not being as agile as they would like and having trouble bending over to clean up. That whole Pollyanna thing passed quickly and now I'm back to being just appalled.

We traveled with three small dogs and didn't want anyone thinking that our dogs were responsible, so we usually picked up whatever we saw at RV parks. However, we visited far too many that were so covered in the stuff that we wouldn't know where to begin so we just tried to play the Twister game walking back to the coach.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
The problem is that a lot of pet owners do not have the same intelligence that their pet does.

I was at Oaisis RV in Amarillo this am and the run was full of **** despite there being a scoop there. Like wisw the same condition existed at the campground in Gallup,

If irresponsible owners persisit it will be like Quebic where dogs are not allowed in their provincial parks.

Last winter I was in Flamingo FL and my site was covered in ****. I asked the host for the name and address of the previous occupant so I could box it up and send it to them but he would not give it to me.

soon it will come _ no DOGS ALLOWED
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #32

Personal responsibility seems to have fallen by the wayside or meeism thinks the rules apply to everyone else but me. Since their are many irresponible pet owners out there, maybe those of us who clean up when we can identify them should say in a very loud voice but nice voice"Here's your dog's poop and I am sure you will want to dispose of it properly." Embarrassment may not work, but it's worth a try.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #33

We have been on our first long trip of3 month staying at all kinds of RV parks.
What shocked us the most was when we were staying at some high cost RV Motorcoach Only Resorts costing almost $100 per night and full of very expensive tag axle monster rigs.
They were the worst we have seen as far as picking up the poop.
Of course they would always take those 2 full size pedigrees way off of their own space and let them poop on a section of perfectly manicured lawn. Then scurry away back to their rig without looking up.

I'm not sure why I expected more from people at these fine resort properties,
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #34

Bad behavior has no economic restrictions, it amazes me that in a 200.00 hotel that people will leave food wrappers in the elevator more often than in the 80.00 hotels

Joe 1998 Itasca Sunflyer Ford 460
Old 10-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think geese are a much bigger poop problem than dogs. Not going to get my undies in a bunch about a couple morons leaving there pooch poop. Up north I've seen more goose, raccoon, deer and even bear scat than I have doggie stuff. Who's going to clean up after these critters? Must be a lot more of them in other parts of the country.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
We have been on our first long trip of3 month staying at all kinds of RV parks.
What shocked us the most was when we were staying at some high cost RV Motorcoach Only Resorts costing almost $100 per night and full of very expensive tag axle monster rigs.
They were the worst we have seen as far as picking up the poop.
Of course they would always take those 2 full size pedigrees way off of their own space and let them poop on a section of perfectly manicured lawn. Then scurry away back to their rig without looking up.

I'm not sure why I expected more from people at these fine resort properties,

I've stayed at a park for a few months that has one of those Motorhome only sections. some of those residents actually walk to the campground area to walk their dog. Naturally leaving the waste lying when they leave.

Another one that gets me is the person who feels their dog must be friends with every other dog in the park. No, doesn't work. Dogs live by a different set of social rules where the must be an Alpha Male followed by an Alpha Female. When a male meets a female, the expectation from the male is that the female submit. Fights break out that way. I told this to a person one day who wanted their dog to be friends with mine. The owner walked away highly indignant.

And when asked "does your dog bite?" I respond ---- she hasn't yet.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #37

Because their MOMMA never taught them right!!

Jim W.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Goose poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I think geese are a much bigger poop problem than dogs. Not going to get my undies in a bunch about a couple morons leaving there pooch poop. Up north I've seen more goose, raccoon, deer and even bear scat than I have doggie stuff. Who's going to clean up after these critters? Must be a lot more of them in other parts of the country.
I'll second the problem with goose poop, coupled with ducks! We recently stayed at a nice park in SC in route to the National Rally and you could not walk anywhere w/o bird poo everywhere. There were at least 500 + geese walking around every morning. I really don't know how you clean that mess up over such a large area?

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent