Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
A simple Thank You not enough

In a couple of months I will have been a member of iRV2 for three years. In that time I have been the benefactor of a great deal of knowledge that has been converted to wisdom and shared willingly. My participation in the RV world was quite by accident and not by design. Short story, my father-in-law buys a Class C, passes away a year later. Fast forward 15 years, mother-in-law calls and says take the Motor Home out of storage (I had forgotten there was ever a motor home) clean it up and sell it, use it, or donate it, she wanted to tie up loose ends.
The motor home was sold but not before my wife and I used it for one trip, just one trip mind you and the rest is history.
The reason for the post is to say Thank You!
To everyone who bothered to post a question no matter how simple and to everyone who took the time to answer, Thank You! You have shared your knowledge with myself the world. It has been of great benefit to me and someday I may be able to pass it on.

RV’rs are a great group of people, salt of the earth; as Dad would say, “they are good people” and if he added “salt of the earth” it meant they could borrow our tractor.
Our farm tractor was sold 15 years ago but I have a nice lawn tractor.

A wonderful Wife
Two children and 7 grand kids 1997 Four Winds Class C M-31QSB V-10
ReelTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for expressing your thoughts

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
I think what you experienced was the people who have worked hard through their lives and know how to share/give back life's lessons. They are usually the "older" crowd that paid their dues, over and over.

I fear, day by day, we are losing that ideal. Too many "Where's mine?" attitudes today.

Just my opinion.
GNHebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
I agree, I think the me, me, me crowd should shut up long enough to learn how to give and then take. When I was growing up I hung out with my grandmother and her friends. Still today I still look to them when I need advice. My Grandmother passed away 27 years ago. I only wished I had asked more question to her about a lot of things. I don't think the younger crowd values the older generation. My two son's love to talk to older people where ever they are. I always tell them those are the ones who truly been there done that. Thanks to all of those dear sweet souls on here who graciously answer beginner questions. You are never to old to learn.
Abbie and Pam
2006 Dutchmen Grand Junction
2000 Ford F 450 dually, screw 7.3 diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Well here goes, not wanting to get all philosophical on everyone but let me share a “personal view”. There is at least three generations behind me struggling to get to where I am now. Old School you bet, I am 64 years old now and the proud son of a Tobacco farmer. I had 14 Uncles and 7 Aunts, that is right no typo, Grandparents were quite prolific. Dad’s side were mostly Farmers, Mom’s side were mostly factory workers. I was truly blessed with quite a diverse set of views on life as I grew up. I am “Comfortable” with myself and take pride in my personal-code-of-ethics they are mine and can never be taken away. My Father taught my most-treasured personally quality in life and how that is another story. He taught me “The value of a Man (or Woman) is to do the right thing when no one is watching”.

With age comes the ability to turn knowledge into wisdom if everything works like it was intended. With Wisdom comes a responsibility, no mater how we view the generations behind us we must always try to pass on what knowledge we posses and hope they can someday turn it into Wisdom. This takes more that a little effort, as we know the value of knowledge and sharing it with someone who is young and has no idea of the value seams pointless. It is a hard thing to do but it is the right thing to do. We must taking the time and exert the effort to share what knowledge we have.

Now these are my Personal views on life and the way I chose to live it. If I can share my knowledge with a fellow human being I will, let them chose to use it or not. I can take pride in doing the right thing, and no one was watching.

Most of you (like it or not) share in part this set of values, this is how I know they are good people here. I am on my way outside right now to replace the ignition board on an Atwood 6 gallon DSI water heater on my Four Winds Motorhome. Four years ago I had no idea what a DSI water heater was. The diagnostic and replacement process was discussed right on iRV2, some time ago, it was asked and given freely. Thank You!
A wonderful Wife
Two children and 7 grand kids 1997 Four Winds Class C M-31QSB V-10
ReelTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
Right on!!
Bob and Janice Ford
1998 Fleetwood Pace arrow 35'
Bama Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Couldn't agree more, fantastic site.
Stewart & Kim. 2011 Serrano 31V, MaxForce 7 w/ Allison 6 Sp. Fiat 500 Sport Diesel Pusher.
Surge Guard 3450, TST 510, Sliverleaf VMSpc, RVND 7710. Blue Ox Tow. 2010 Arctic Cat 700 TRV.
Someday your life may flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
I wish you many Happy Trails!
Don (RVM19) & Mary,
Furry friends Sophia & Zander
2006 Coachmen Freedom 289QB | 2004 Jeep

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
This is a great site, full of great information and a good read.

GRV We love to Roam
2013 Georgetown
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote