Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #1

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the "CVS Pharmacy Good Samaritan Roadside Assistance Program" that helped us at about 5pm on July 6th in Indianapolis, IN.

We were on our first day of our three day 1875 mile return to Texas after spending nearly two weeks in western NY. While on a eight lane section on the interstate near downtown Indianapolis we had a rear blowout on the fiver. I did not feel the blowout, but heard it and saw it in a mirror. I got to the shoulder before any part of the trailer was torn up. Even as I was walking back to the trailer to inspect it, a van with amber emergency lighting activated pulled in behind us. He must have been traveling behind us on the interstate and saw us pull over with the blowout because he was there in an instant. Turned out it was a roadside assistance service. We were near an exit and I suggested I try to get off the interstate and into a parking lot before changing the flat. He stayed right behind me as we made it to a parking lot. I had told him I had everything needed to change the flat so I figured he would leave once we safely made it to a parking lot. I began to dig through the truck to find the 8-ton bottle jack, looked back and he was not only still there but already had a floor jack, impact wrench, and other tools out, and was setting up to change our flat. He did the whole job. I was amazed. Afterwards I asked if he knew of a tire store where I could buy a tire so we would have a spare for the rest of our long trip. After using his radio and cell phone he found a shop that was open that had a tire the right size, gave us directions and their number. He refused any payment or tip, saying it was his job to do that. I gave him my card and promised him a steak dinner if he ever makes it to Texas. Thanks John.

CVS Pharmacies deserve a big thank you for funding such roadside assistance crews. I had no idea that they did this until that day. Apparently they fund the crews, vehicles, and equipment to help motorists in need. I had first thought he was a highway department employee, but most, if not all the funding comes from CVS Pharmacies, not the state. I dont know what cities they cover, but I filled out a customer reply card that had an address in another state, so maybe they do this in several states.
Thanks again for the help.

ON EDIT: I found this link to their roadside service
http://www.cvs.com/corpInfo/communit...itan_vans.html

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #2

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the "CVS Pharmacy Good Samaritan Roadside Assistance Program" that helped us at about 5pm on July 6th in Indianapolis, IN.

We were on our first day of our three day 1875 mile return to Texas after spending nearly two weeks in western NY. While on a eight lane section on the interstate near downtown Indianapolis we had a rear blowout on the fiver. I did not feel the blowout, but heard it and saw it in a mirror. I got to the shoulder before any part of the trailer was torn up. Even as I was walking back to the trailer to inspect it, a van with amber emergency lighting activated pulled in behind us. He must have been traveling behind us on the interstate and saw us pull over with the blowout because he was there in an instant. Turned out it was a roadside assistance service. We were near an exit and I suggested I try to get off the interstate and into a parking lot before changing the flat. He stayed right behind me as we made it to a parking lot. I had told him I had everything needed to change the flat so I figured he would leave once we safely made it to a parking lot. I began to dig through the truck to find the 8-ton bottle jack, looked back and he was not only still there but already had a floor jack, impact wrench, and other tools out, and was setting up to change our flat. He did the whole job. I was amazed. Afterwards I asked if he knew of a tire store where I could buy a tire so we would have a spare for the rest of our long trip. After using his radio and cell phone he found a shop that was open that had a tire the right size, gave us directions and their number. He refused any payment or tip, saying it was his job to do that. I gave him my card and promised him a steak dinner if he ever makes it to Texas. Thanks John.

CVS Pharmacies deserve a big thank you for funding such roadside assistance crews. I had no idea that they did this until that day. Apparently they fund the crews, vehicles, and equipment to help motorists in need. I had first thought he was a highway department employee, but most, if not all the funding comes from CVS Pharmacies, not the state. I dont know what cities they cover, but I filled out a customer reply card that had an address in another state, so maybe they do this in several states.
Thanks again for the help.

ON EDIT: I found this link to their roadside service
http://www.cvs.com/corpInfo/communit...itan_vans.html

Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
This sounds like a great idea! I just wish there had of been one in the area in Jan.when we had a blowout on I 20 right outside of Atlanta.After repeated calls to GoodSam with no luck we ended up having to call highway patrol to bring attention to the fact Tom had to change a tire on traffic side at the edge of dark when the blowout happened around 3:30! We could have also used one in April when we had another blowout on I 95(passanger side this time)We had changed to AAA,but we were told they couldn't come help or if so they'd have to charge us. So again Tom had to change the tire. We were told later the guy needed "more training" and they were suppose to have come to our aid!

Dianne