Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #1

OK i took my Starcraft 2407 to Mcgeorge Rolling Hills RV for some warranty work. I had a bad tail light assembly, a loud noise when i crank up the roof and the face of the icebox screws started to come out. I went by there Nov 27 to see when i can get it fixed under warranty. They told me that they could get me in January 12 2009. So i dropped off my camper and they told me it be 3 months before it be fixed and ready to go. I told her i am going camping in March and need it back before that. She said she do her best. So time went by and and had not heard from them so i called to see whats up. They said they emailed Starcraft with the request and have not hear yet. I said ok i will call back the next week to see whats going on. Next week came around called and had still nothing from Starcraft. So I called Starcraft Warranty Dept. They told me they had NO request from Mcgeorge for my repairs. So i called back and the Service dept at Mcgeorge told me oh they should have it and they say that to owners since they deal with dealerships not owners. I called back to Starcraft got the ladies email address she told me to have them send the request to her and she check into it. Called back to Mcgeorge gave it to the Service dept and i like it taking care of. They said the will send it in again(they never sent it in since Starcraft did not have anything with my Vin number on file for this year). Five days went by called Starcraft to see whats up they told me they sent a request to Mcgeorge for pics of the work needing done before they get the approval. Four more days go by nothing so i call and mcgeorge said they got approval and are having fixed this afternoon. Get a call from the service department at Mcgeorge and asks if we can talk (since i was on a roof i said ok). She ask if i was in a happy place cause they had bad news. I was getting concerned. She told me that they completed the repairs on my camper but when they were closing it they RIPPED a hole in the window and canvas and it could take up to 6 Weeks to get it fixed from Starcraft!!!!!!!!!!! She want to know if she could patch it and after camping season send it off to get fixed or send it off now and hope to get it back soon. I told her let me call my wife. Called the wife she was mad to say the least. Told the wife let me call Starcraft. Called Starcraft talked to Warranty and they transferred me to the dept which fixes these things. She told me if they can get the canvas to her this week it will be fixed and back to them at the end of this week or early next week. Called Mcgeorge again told them they said they need to talk to her so they call me back. They called back and told me they are looking into the ground shipping it to them. I told them No ground you damaged my camper on their property and you will eat the cost and have the canvas overnighted to Starcraft and pay for it back overnighted to you and have it put on and ready by Friday!!!!!!!! So when i go to the RV Show this weekend i can look at maybe trading it in at the show!!!!! They called back at 5 pm today told me they have it packed and waiting on ups to get there and when it come back in the will put it right on. So I am very very mad and will never take anything to Mcgeorge Rolling Hills Rv again or buy anything from them. Sorry for the long rant but i just my pup back so i can go camping!!!!!!!!!
hvac1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally posted by hvac1877:
OK i took my Starcraft 2407 to Mcgeorge Rolling Hills RV for some warranty work. I had a bad tail light assembly, a loud noise when i crank up the roof and the face of the icebox screws started to come out. I went by there Nov 27 to see when i can get it fixed under warranty. They told me that they could get me in January 12 2009. So i dropped off my camper and they told me it be 3 months before it be fixed and ready to go. I told her i am going camping in March and need it back before that. She said she do her best. So time went by and and had not heard from them so i called to see whats up. They said they emailed Starcraft with the request and have not hear yet. I said ok i will call back the next week to see whats going on. Next week came around called and had still nothing from Starcraft. So I called Starcraft Warranty Dept. They told me they had NO request from Mcgeorge for my repairs. So i called back and the Service dept at Mcgeorge told me oh they should have it and they say that to owners since they deal with dealerships not owners. I called back to Starcraft got the ladies email address she told me to have them send the request to her and she check into it. Called back to Mcgeorge gave it to the Service dept and i like it taking care of. They said the will send it in again(they never sent it in since Starcraft did not have anything with my Vin number on file for this year). Five days went by called Starcraft to see whats up they told me they sent a request to Mcgeorge for pics of the work needing done before they get the approval. Four more days go by nothing so i call and mcgeorge said they got approval and are having fixed this afternoon. Get a call from the service department at Mcgeorge and asks if we can talk (since i was on a roof i said ok). She ask if i was in a happy place cause they had bad news. I was getting concerned. She told me that they completed the repairs on my camper but when they were closing it they RIPPED a hole in the window and canvas and it could take up to 6 Weeks to get it fixed from Starcraft!!!!!!!!!!! She want to know if she could patch it and after camping season send it off to get fixed or send it off now and hope to get it back soon. I told her let me call my wife. Called the wife she was mad to say the least. Told the wife let me call Starcraft. Called Starcraft talked to Warranty and they transferred me to the dept which fixes these things. She told me if they can get the canvas to her this week it will be fixed and back to them at the end of this week or early next week. Called Mcgeorge again told them they said they need to talk to her so they call me back. They called back and told me they are looking into the ground shipping it to them. I told them No ground you damaged my camper on their property and you will eat the cost and have the canvas overnighted to Starcraft and pay for it back overnighted to you and have it put on and ready by Friday!!!!!!!! So when i go to the RV Show this weekend i can look at maybe trading it in at the show!!!!! They called back at 5 pm today told me they have it packed and waiting on ups to get there and when it come back in the will put it right on. So I am very very mad and will never take anything to Mcgeorge Rolling Hills Rv again or buy anything from them. Sorry for the long rant but i just my pup back so i can go camping!!!!!!!!!
hvac1877:
Sad to say but this imcompetance is not uncommon in the RV industry. I would go here RV Service Review and complete a RV Service Review so others in the area will know to avoid this dealer. I would write a letter to the owner or general manager of the dealership and send a copy to Starcrafts Corporate Office.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
What's so wonderful about this dealership?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey all, gotta give a shout out for Madison RV in Madison, AL. (Just west of Huntsville on I565.) They helped us out on some warrenty issues in the most professional and courteous way imaginable! We were staying in the area for a week and they made it happen over night! If you have a problem while you're in the area, check them out they are great! (08 Winnebago Tour 40TD)
mikenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #5

You alway hear about the bad. I have had outstanding service from Media Camping Center in Hatfield, PA. When I'm ready to upgrade I will go to them.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Retired Senior Member

Quote:
Hey all, gotta give a shout out for Madison RV in Madison, AL. (Just west of Huntsville on I565.) They helped us out on some warrenty issues in the most professional and courteous way imaginable! We were staying in the area for a week and they made it happen over night! If you have a problem while you're in the area, check them out they are great! (08 Winnebago Tour 40TD)
Glad you had a positive experience. My last visit to that shop will be my LAST visit.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #7

Ok the wife and i went and picked up my Pup Friday evening. I got there and the counter lady said she has the paperwork and the Service Director wanted to talk to the wife and i. So we sat down with him and talked about what happened. He was not told about the problem until almost the end. He is also new to this Rv dealer being there only 30 days. He says he is trying to instill new ways in this company to make customers happy and not let people have to wait to get there campers fixed. We explained to him how dissatisfied we were with the service and he very apologetic and eager to make things right. All in all he righted our bad experience. I must say McGeorge Rolling Hills RV hired a great guy that will get the job done and done right!! We will consider them when we decide on the purchase of a new RV as long as he is at the wheel in the service dept.
hvac1877 is offline   Reply With Quote