Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #29

First the important stuff! Dad came thru with flying colors. They got 100% of the tumor and it was benign. NO CANCER! There was no damage to his optic nerve. The DRs feel he will make a full recovery! Thank God! And thank every one of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. It helped more then you can ever know!

Now the rest of the story. My Aunt has settled in to the guest room. First thing she did was look in the frig and pantry, then she grabed my cousin and went food shopping. She came back with $500 worth of ďgoodĒ food and a proper tea pot.

My house looks like a war zone. We have contractors putting in a fence. Trying to put in a fence in the middle of winter with a foot of snow and frozen ground is a real treat. We are also having the bathroom off Dadís room redone so he can have heated floors and his damn steam shower. Iím also having a doggie door installed in his outside entry door.

Dad is feeling good. Hes trying to fix me up with one of the nurses. Even found out she is a hockey fan so I wouldnít have to go the games alone while he getting better.

It wonít be long before he can be driven, but a long while before the Drs want him driving. And a really long time before that want him on a bike. So our big trip has been pushed back. He has been whining about trying to manage a bike trailer, so we are looking at toy haulers now. Maybe a class 8 conversion.

Our plan now is to pick up something, maybe used, to take a number of 3-4 week long trips in. The drs want him back every 30 days for a while. Iíve also talked him out of the 2 bedroom deal. I donít need a bedroom- camping out in the front sleeping on a jack knife or pull out is fine with me. We can put up a privacy curtain if he wants.

The other issue is there is about a 5 to 6 month wait list and 9 month build time on a custom class 8. Iím guessing one of our first trips will be to go see and test drive one of these big guys and no doubt leave a deposit to hold our place in line. The deposit is refundable (up until they start) so Iím sure thatís what we will do.

Now the cool partÖ I get to shop and Dad and I get to start planning.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's a great update. So glad it went well.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for that update and the great adventure is still there. Enjoy..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wonderful news!

And I'd bet having the big purchase/trip to plan for is going to make all the difference in the world for both you and your Dad. There's no speedier road to recovery than that for someone that has so much to look forward to.

Keep us posted!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Here here, best news I have heard in a long time. To bad your not here (or maybe you are) Our MH/RV/Camping show starts This Thursday @ 10:00 Am.
I can put down a deposit on a real nice one for ya lolol
Just kidding.
Such good news, and say hi to your dad.
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Terrific blessing for your family!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Here here, best news I have heard in a long time. To bad your not here (or maybe you are) Our MH/RV/Camping show starts This Thursday @ 10:00 Am.
I can put down a deposit on a real nice one for ya lolol
Just kidding.
Such good news, and say hi to your dad.
tb
Well I am going to the Detroit RV show (In Novi) today. Doing some stealth shopping. THe weather is terrible, so I may be able to see some of the units<G>
Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I heard you guys were getting blasted. Hope you can get your dad home safety.
tb
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #37
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Great news on your dad! Hope he recovers quickly so you guys can get on the road!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #38

Took Dad's BMW to the rv show today... and the window feel out of it!

Always happens, right? Dad's favorite car- the X5 has been setting in all this cold weather. So I decided to give it a little run over to the Detroit RV show. I went to pay for parking, and the window was frozen, so I opened the door and paid and drove to a parking spot. Got out and closed the door... and the Driver's side window dropped out of sight!!! Couldn't get anyone in Novi to fix it today, so I hope I can find someone to fix it tomorrow. Dad sz he will be coming home tomorrow (don't know if he told the DR. yet) but I know I will never hear the end of it if I show up in anything but his X5.

Dad was also trying to get the nurses to let him have a visit from his service dog. (Mage) They aren't buying it! He may be coming home tomorrow. Just to be safe, we are going to have a nurse for at least the weekend. Dr say no dogs for at least 2 more weeks.

I saw a layout I liked on a Discovery 40E. Basically you have a large screen TV on the navigator side behind a couch and two comfortable reclining chairs on the driver's side side. The Newmar had ALMOST the same thing, but had a couch instead of two recliners opposite the TV. I really like that "home theater" like seating!

Also one of Dad's banker buddies told him he might have something we would be interested in. Seems one of his customers has a motor home that can't afford the payments and is trying to get out of it with out screwing up his credit. I post more after we have found out more.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #39

Ever see the V8 ads on TV? Thats what my Aunt did to me when I got home. "Why didn't you just push the Button?"
I've never used "the button"- I even changed my own tire not long ago. I'd be a lot warmer if I had thought of that.

On top of that the sales guy lied to me about the 40e I looked at all their floor plans and I don't see any "Theatre seating" floor plan on line. Bummer!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:48 AM   #40
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Glad to hear the good news and things are progressing forward.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
How's you Dad? Did you get the Beamer window fixed? Don't want to read your dads posting, your in the Hospital....
Tell um your having it detailed.
Best Wishes,
tb
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #42

Good news on your dad. Always enjoy the Novi RV shows. There is a BMW dealer about 3 miles east of the Expo Center on Grand River. A little late to tell you this. But may help if a problem shows up when you are in the area again.