Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-11-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
AC Expansion Valve

any one know the location of the ac expansion valve on a1995 anerican eagle

bigslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
Depends on the brand of a/c system. Most are not serviceable.

Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
Look for a soldered in tube that is about 4 to say 8 inches long with a small capillary tube coming off it. Like was said before, not serviceable, unless your an AC Tech.
2015 Landmark Newport 365
2015 Ram 3500 4x4, CTD, DRW ,MC ,AISIN , 4.10's,
Six Burning Six Turning ! ,RVM 104
Dasmoeturhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
I'm assuming your talking about on the chassis? should be just before the evaporator coil.
2014 Excursion 35B
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:05 AM   #5
If you have to ask you have neither the equipment or knowledge to need to know.
Leave it to a pro. for safety.Not trying to be an @#$ just don't want someone hurt.

dakratdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #6
I do have the knowledge and the equip plus a friend with 20 years exp.its a new to me coach just looking for free help not Smart ass answer a&$@"$?
bigslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #7

AC Expansion Valve

Not sure what type of AC system you have but on my 2002 with an Evans system the expansion valve is located under front hood and attached to the evaporator coil. Easily accessed from hood.
Expansion valve wrapped in insulating tape
Attachment 99865
Receiver Dryer
Attachment 99866

Replacement of the expansion valve would require recovery of freon in system.
R&R of expansion valve and receiver dryer.
Vacuum system down
Recharge system

I have friend that can do the recovery and recharge, so I may have him do the recovery I will replace components and flush/inspect then have him recharge. Or may have him just do it all.

Edit: not sure why images are not showing up!

Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
expansion valve

Big slim,

If you haven't already done so, contact your friend and have him put his gauges on and see where the system pressures are. I learned these pressures will tell you a lot about what's going on inside the system.

I just got done getting my dash air system up and running and learned quite a bit in the process.

In my case the system was so low on r134 that the compressor wouldn't pull in. So in adding some Freon the pressure sw located on my rig on the low side of the evap coil which is up front favoring the passenger side of the rv. allowed the compressor to pull in. This is also where you'll find the expansion valve.

Still had no cooling and found the pressures to be high in both sides of the compressor. 50 psi low side over 300psi high side-- much to high.

So I had decided my expansion valve was probably clogged. I should have known though, the low side pressure being so high, I didn't have a clogged expansion valve. I went ahead and changed it out but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that the electric fan on my condenser coil was not working. When I'd checked it several times it seemed to be working but then I found it not working, so after doing the expansion valve change out , I realized " there must be something else coming into play" and that fan not moving enough air was the problem.

I don't know if your condenser is in front of your radiator and you have air movement problems, or if you have an electric fan like me --perhaps you've said and I missed it but it's something to check.

So a long time to say if you have poor air movement past either you evap. coil or your condenser coil the compressor will see higher pressures.

So when you or your friend puts on the gauges , only then can you start to really know where you should put your efforts to fix.
I hope I've helped
94 Monaco Sig m11 elect fuel inj
95 Jeep toad
Loren Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:10 PM   #9

Just ran across this for AC on an American Eagle. Not sure if it matches what you have but might help.

Spk64 is offline   Reply With Quote