Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
ACC Warranty Update

Back in January and February I spent countless hours on the phone and via e-mail, looking into ESPs (extended service plans) with several companies. By the end of February, I came very close to signing up with ACC Warranty because of the reasonable price and excellent advertised coverage.

After reading the contract, I noted that although advertised as having consequential damage included, it was no where to be found in writing. As I understand it, consequential damage means that a part that is not covered will be covered, if damaged by a part that is covered...essentially providing total inclusionary coverage... When I inquired about including it in the contract, I was told (by Steve Burgess) it would be coming soon, pending state approval and that when it did, I would be contacted. This was early March...

In early April, I received an e-mail, thanking me for choosing ACC, which I never did... So I reached out to Mr. Burgess to see if he was ready to do business, and was told, not yet.... and that I was not forgotten and would be contacted...

Today, I received an e-mail from ACC Warranty letting me know that they were working on a quote for me and would be contacting me shortly. When I replied that it had been several months, I received an e-mail from Steve Burgess. In his e-mail, he told me the e-mail was a computer error and should not have been sent. He also said that he's read many of my threads in this forum, and that I should spend more time actually using my motorhome than wasting my time in here talking about it...

It's unfortunate that instead of taking my objections as an opportunity to make a good sized sale, that he got defensive and sarcastic with a potential customer... This is not the first time he's gotten snippy with me, but it will be the last.

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Soooo, let me guess: You WON'T be getting an ESP through ACC Warranty?

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

Nor will I do business with such an arrogant dissrespectful sales person.
If such an email was sent to me I would assure you the company president would receive a copy of how his company is represented.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Nor will I do business with such an arrogant dissrespectful sales person.
If such an email was sent to me I would assure you the company president would receive a copy of how his company is represented.
Don, I'm not totally sure, but I think he is the President...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

If he isn't the guy in charge, he sure acts like it. He cancelled a friend of mine's policy rather than pay for covered repairs. He said the item shouldn't have been listed as covered in the first place (and in fact it had been dropped from newer contracts), so he unilaterally cancelled and refunded the premium rather than pay the very expensive repair bill.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
If he isn't the guy in charge, he sure acts like it. He cancelled a friend of mine's policy rather than pay for covered repairs. He said the item shouldn't have been listed as covered in the first place (and in fact it had been dropped from newer contracts), so he unilaterally cancelled and refunded the premium rather than pay the very expensive repair bill.
I seen that on the forum here too. One person had a transmission failure, policy administrator asked for the service records and found the owner had missed a ENGINE oil change. They voided the policy and refunded the payments rather than pay for the transmission repair.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Wow! that's incredible... IMO, that should have been a learning lesson for the insurance company and bit the bullet... What use is it having a contract in the first place, if they don't honor what they commit to and it only protects the insurer!?!

After hearing this story, I am sooooo glad I didn't get myself locked into a nightmare...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
They sure make it sound like their coverage best thing since sliced bread:

ACC RV Warranty Video - ACC Warranty RV Extended Warranty Plans at www.accws.us - YouTube
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am in the process of getting an ESP from Wholesale Warranties. The inspector came today and my policy starts May1. Full coverage @ $130 / month and cancelable after 6 months. Seems like a good deal...
Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #10

The Indiana Attorney General is now formally filing an action against ACC Warranty and restitution will be part of the action. If you lost money contact Mark Snodgrass, Deputy Attorney General @ 317-234-6784
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #11

ACC Warranty

This is great to know. After months of no response, paying for repairs ourselves, being issued an email check against insufficient funds, they then threatened us with a lawsuit if we continued to "defame" them. This happened after they sent us a copy of our contract with the non-disparagement clause, which, in fact, was NOT in our original contract documents they sent us. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #12

ACC Warranty

Good news for anyone who has had unsatisfactory dealings with ACC Warranty Group. The Indiana Attorney General is definitely filing an action against them. Right now there are 35 consumers, and I'm hoping we will be number 36. You can go online and file a complaint, or call Mark Snodgrass, Deputy Attorney General, 317-234-6784. He actually personally called us back about the lawsuit. Just Google Indiana Attorney General. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #13

ACC Warranty Services Group LLC - BEWARE!!!!

Glad to hear the Indiana Attorney General's office is going to try to do something about ACC Warranty Services Group LLC and Steve Burgess. In reading many blogs, there are so many people who have been taken by Steve Burgess. We need to get this word out to others to help build a bigger, better case against Steve Burgess.

We will be calling Mark Snodgrass at the Indiana Attorney General's office, 317-234-6784, to add our name to the list of people who was bilked out of money by Steve Burgess.

For those who haven't read up on ACC Warranty issues, here are a few sites to check out in addition to other posts on iRV2:

Better Business Bureau: The BBB has given ACC a "F" rating.
A C C Warranty Services Review - EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTRACT SERVICE COMPANIES in Indianapolis, IN - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Central Indiana

Ripoff Report - there are 10 different reports on this site: Ripoff Report | acc warranty Search of Complaints & Reviews

Our personal experience was so frustrating when we realized that we paid over $3,000.00 for the extended warranty and got absolutely nothing. We ended up paying another $2,500.00 for repairs and a service call (supposedly covered with the extended Warranty contract). Of course, what could we do since we were 800 miles away from home and had to get the RV repaired in order to get home.

When you call ACC Warranty, you get an answering service that promises someone will call you back. We did get one immediate call back and the rest went unanswered until we pushed to talk to someone. That someone ended up being Steve Burgess himself. He was very rude from the start of the conversation. We continued to follow the process to file a claim, which was more of a joke, but just didn't want to give up too soon in the hopes of getting something back.

As you can tell, our attempts to get any money from ACC was unsuccessful. Just trying to determine our next step to pursue Steve Burgess in the legal system.

We know that 2 people were recently successful in getting judgments against ACC/Steve Burgess in Indiana. Here is the information:
Case No. 49K07-1403-SC-001029 Court Costs plus Judgment: $4,875.00 - Judgment entered on 15 Apr 2014
Case No. 49D03-1311-PL-041336 Court Costs plus Judgment: $32,315.00 - Judgment entered on 15 Jul 2014

We know that Steve Burgess has opened a new company in Florida:
24/7 MOBILE MARINE AND RV LLC
14041 BELLAGIO WAY, OSPREY, FL 34229
Registered Agent Name & Address
BURGESS, STEPHEN R
14041 BELLAGIO WAY
UNIT 218
OSPREY, FL 34229

Given our personal experience, I would NOT recommend using this company just because of Steve Burgess' business practices with his ACC Warranty Services Group.

We know that Steve Burgess participates in regional RV rallies, to include some FMCA events, and has spent time in the winter at Arizona RV parks. Feel free to stop by and tell him what you have read on this forum and other forums about what a lousy company he runs!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Considering that the Web is full of complaints and indications of how nasty this guy is. I am baffled to see that he continues to do business. Here is another post on FMCA:

Extended Warranty Warning: ACC Warranty - General discussion - FMCA Motorhome Forums

I remember reading somewhere that he was licked out of FL before he setup his trap in IN. And now he is headed back there ? REALLY ?