Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Adding wall oven ?

DW hates the convection/microwave for baking. Can't get the hang of it . Only use it for bsaking brownies. Misses gas oven we had 4 RV's ago.

That said I scrounged around the web and found a 110 volt wall oven that I can fit in under our cooktop. Just have to remove center portion of double door cabinet and cross post for drawer below. 3 cuts wwith saw and then add about a 1/2 inch trim around.

Cannot find any revviews on the oven. From Italy.

I am just not sure if this is similar to the convection/microwave without the microwave part ?

Would prefer a gas oven made for RV without the cooktop because I don't want to change that but cannot find one and would have to modify one.

Just looking for some input/food for thought.

VEBIEM241SS Verona 24" Electric 110V Wall Oven - Stainless Steel
capecodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Looks OK. But question, why not with the room you have just get the RV stove you know she liked. Your price should cover the new stove and and if need be gas is EZ to plumb.

LEN
Old 03-16-2016, 11:42 AM   #3

A convection oven is just an electric oven that circulates the hot air. If she doesn't like the convection oven she may not like the electric wall oven either.
Just say'n
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
Looks OK. But question, why not with the room you have just get the RV stove you know she liked. Your price should cover the new stove and and if need be gas is EZ to plumb.

LEN
I like the sealed cooktop as it is. To change to a complete oven cooktop I would have to cut the corian counter which coping around the edge and would look horible without some kind of finish. More work then I want to do.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
A convection oven is just an electric oven that circulates the hot air. If she doesn't like the convection oven she may not like the electric wall oven either.
Just say'n
That's what I'm thinkin', I just watched extreme RV and they had a wall oven under counter in the "Elegant Lady". Probably electric.

I'll keep looking for gas oven only.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Verona VEBIG24N 24 Inch Single Gas Wall Oven with 2.0 cu. ft. Oven Capacity, Manual Clean, Electronic Ignition, EZ Clean Porcelain Interior, Infrared Broiler, 2 Heavy Duty Racks and Bell Timer

Found this gas one but says do not install under counter ? No explanation given. Found on other site reason is that it would be a problem bending over to get stuff out of it.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Bet that 110 oven uses a lot of power.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #8

We just bought a Breville countertop oven. We have one at home and love it.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Verona VEBIG24N 24 Inch Single Gas Wall Oven with 2.0 cu. ft. Oven Capacity, Manual Clean, Electronic Ignition, EZ Clean Porcelain Interior, Infrared Broiler, 2 Heavy Duty Racks and Bell Timer

Found this gas one but says do not install under counter ? No explanation given. Found on other site reason is that it would be a problem bending over to get stuff out of it.
I would suspect the warning would have something to do with venting. I know our gas oven vents up through the back of the cooktop and causes enough heat to bend/warp the cooktop covers.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would opt for the standard rv cooktop/oven. I could swear they have a lip that would cover a not so perfect cut on the counter. If not, have a reputable rv shop install it or just do the counter portion, the rest is easy and at least you know what to expect out of the rv oven. I bet most shops wouldnt charge more than two hours labor to get cabinet/counter cut and oven dropped in. Then you could finish the install.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
So will a 220/240! Our stick house has two 30 amp breakers for an electric range even though we have a gas range.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
So will a 220/240! Our stick house has two 30 amp breakers for an electric range even though we have a gas range.
Our house also has a double breaker for a stove and separate oven,but I replaced all that with gas appliances years ago. Now I use one of those breakers for my outlet for my MH.
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #13

If you decide to install an under-counter gas oven, I'd have a residential countertop store do the install. They already know how to work with, and refinish corian countertops.
DW was completely baffled by our convection/microwave oven until I explained it was only a 1,500W electric oven. A larger version than her countertop electric oven. After she got a grasp on that, she re-read the instruction book and understood everything. She now bakes great things, and my weight is proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
1,875W is the maximum power available on a 15A circuit. Most convection(electric)/microwave ovens draw 1,500W, some smaller units draw 1,000-1,200W.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote