Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #1

What do you folks consider a must if we are going on our first extended trip?Also Any Info On best place to have A 18'ft awning installed on our 02 Bounder Gas?

Thanks Bill & Phyllis Bennatt
Wimberley,Texas

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #2

What do you folks consider a must if we are going on our first extended trip?Also Any Info On best place to have A 18'ft awning installed on our 02 Bounder Gas?

Thanks Bill & Phyllis Bennatt
Wimberley,Texas

Old 03-31-2005, 04:51 PM   #3

Bill and Phyllis, first welcome to irv2. This site has some very knowledgeable contributors. Secondly, I would check ot RV dealers in your neck of the woods and you might also check Camping World. Not sure what you meant by a "must" for your 1st extended trip, i.e where to go? what to take? etc. Ken ,'04 DSDP...
Old 03-31-2005, 09:07 PM   #4

I'd second getting CW to install the awning.

BUT, only because should you have a problem later with the installation, you may be able to find anothr CW location near you and get it taken care of.

You'll probably get it installed cheaper at "Mabel's Barber Shop & RV Repair Service", but what'll she do for you down the road if you have a problem with it??

'01 34'Carri-Lite, 5ver
h2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #5

Pick up a copy of the latest Woodall's Campground Directory at CW; gives great info, especially if you're just wanderin' or not sure where you want to stop tonight...
Old 04-01-2005, 04:34 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

BOOKS:

Trailer Life and/or Woodalls Campground Guide; "must have" for locations and descriptions of campgrounds

Managing 12 Volts - Repair and operate 12 volt power systems; excellent advice on your batteries, converter, 12 powered devices, etc. Most people need this kind of advice.

RV Repair & Maintenance; great if you are a do-it-yourself type
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Bill, let me also add my welcome to irv2! In addition to the campground guides, two books I feel are a must are 'Woodall's RV Owner's Handbook' available at www.woodalls.com and either the 'Exit Authority' or 'The Next Exit' available at www.amazon.com. We don't camp outside the Northwest any more but on our previous trips across the country both were a great resource. Also irv2 member Ken Lenger put together a great list 'ABC's Of RVing'. Do a search on this forum at the Find Tab. Again, welcome and.. Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Oops! I goofed. irv2 member Allegro Happy did the list and deserves credit for it. Ken posted it on a link to his web site.

http://www.klenger.net/arctic-fox/abc.html

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote