Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #29
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Attachment 72176
This one will serve you well.

got one works great

melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Went to let the RV down of the levelers and right front kept going about five years ago. Drove up to Sears and bought a Craftsman/Porter Cable diaphragm 150 and haven't regretted it. A little slow on the fill rate on the 22.5s, but it got the job done and is a fixture in the storage bay. Forget now what I paid for it, but it saved the day. Also learned that it a good idea to carry a valve core tool. Turns out the core was loose and a half turn fixed the problem.

Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #31
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Sheff, can you share where you bought yours, and how much you paid for it?

I bought the high flow rate model Pt# 20008 from Amazon.

I think it cost me about $350.00 by the time I had bought the extras to wire it up. I have mine hard wired to a pair of cheap jumper cables with the alligator clips on one end, so I can attach it directly to the battery terminals.

I noted at the time, I could have bought a reconditioned one for significantly less.

'2011 Cameo 37 RESLS

2012 3500 Dodge dually
sheff69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #32
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
That compressor would take a long time to inflate a tire.. Low volume, high pressure.
I would would like to politely have to disagree. I have this compressor, I put 95 lbs in my tires. never had a problem pumping up my tires.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #33

Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
200 psi out of a 12 vdc compressor! Possibly in several hours!

Nope. Look at the fill rates for a two gallon air storage tank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409933610.732326.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	73028
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #34
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Apparently most people here are not familiar with the Viair compressors. Viair compressors are the Cadillac of 12V compressors and are very popular with the off-road crowd. These are the guys that air down their huge tires to very low pressures for rock crawling, then air them back up when they hit the road home. It takes a lot of air and Viair is one of the few 12V compressors up to the task. If you can afford or justify the expense of a Viair, you won't be disappointed. They are very high quality, high performance, and with a price to match.

Jim Price
curmudgeon: noun; a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .
79 27' Holiday Rambler Statesman, 78 32' HR Imperial, 85 36' HR Imperial 5th Wheel
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

compressor, tires