Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Never mind.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
No I did not. I do not low ball no one thank you very much.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Hey all you guys: no one is standing in your way to do business with anyone. Bill would probably enjoy your money. And please use your education and common sense and do not jump to conclusions. Low ball? The good business man hung up on me prior to me informing him. Besides that all I was going to tell him is that Camping World offers a package and did he or was his cost on each item. I care less what he is fed up with. Me I am now fed up with Bills and have never had any work done only a short and aburtly ended conversation. Go Camping World!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
LOL!!

(pulling up a chair...)

Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club

You need to pull up a chair for I feel the cows are coming to graze now. Might give you some entertainment, LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have been in the industrial service business for 26 years. held every position from technician, manager, VP and finally owner. Our customers are large industrial corporations. These customers demand excellence if you want to be invited back.

I have always thought life would be so much easier to service the private sector. It seems you can sustain a profitable business with bad service, bad customer relations, rude managers, etc... I don't get it??????????

I have always been willing to pay a bit more for great service. When I get bad service, I ask to speak with a manager. After all he may not realize he has a bad employee. If that fixes the problem I continue to patronize the business, if not I don't go back, ever.

I tell friends about places offering great service, I tell everyone that will listen about bad service.

Given some of the horror stories you see in the forums it seems like we need an Angie's List dedicated to RVs. Might be a business opportunities for you computer guys. Add Adventure RV Service in Ohio as a place with great service. I save any work I can go with out until I take the RV from Alaska to Ohio each for them, just so I know it will be right when I go to pick it up.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbc185
Hey all you guys: no one is standing in your way to do business with anyone. Bill would probably enjoy your money. And please use your education and common sense and do not jump to conclusions. Low ball? The good business man hung up on me prior to me informing him. Besides that all I was going to tell him is that Camping World offers a package and did he or was his cost on each item. I care less what he is fed up with. Me I am now fed up with Bills and have never had any work done only a short and aburtly ended conversation. Go Camping World!

That is the private message that I received from rbc185 tried to reply to it and he has it set so he will not receive messages.

This my reply to him: Did you actually read my post?
I posted:
"Never Mind"
I decided I didn't want to comment about Bill or CW. As far as I am concerned I thought most of the replies were a hoot!
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #22

I do not know/of either place and/or their service. Obviously Bill did no handle it properly. If they are always undercutting him his statement should have been, 'they will be cheaper than me,' and let you think about it.
I had a similar situation with a friend of mine who sells gas appliances, a lady came in, while I was standing there, and stated his competition as going to sell it for $300 less. With out a missing a beat my question was, 'how many years do you have to buy their gas." Reply, "2 years."
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Sundance3200
If you are looking in Chattanooga try Lee Smith inc. They are just off I-24 and do a great job.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #24

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmh462
We have a Camping World across the Interstate from us. They make it a point to undercut our prices and badmouth us. We got a rash of really bad a/c unit installs from them that we had to re-do. I wanted to put up a sign by their driveway that said "We fix $65 a/c Installs", with our shop phone #, but decided against it.
Anyway, my point (I have one) is maybe Bill has had it up to here with Camping World and their antics at that location, though I think he went way overboard in over-reacting.
I love it! And would search your shop out if I were needing service.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmh462
We have a Camping World across the Interstate from us. They make it a point to undercut our prices and badmouth us. We got a rash of really bad a/c unit installs from them that we had to re-do. I wanted to put up a sign by their driveway that said "We fix $65 a/c Installs", with our shop phone #, but decided against it.
Anyway, my point (I have one) is maybe Bill has had it up to here with Camping World and their antics at that location, though I think he went way overboard in over-reacting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMPFromMO View Post
I love it! And would search your shop out if I were needing service.
Agreed... where's your shop at?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #26

My wife is from Rome, GA and her sister lives within a couple of miles of there. I have never had an opportunity to get anything done there, but will be careful in the future.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #27

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Safford RV in Thornburg VA due to miscommunication within the organization neglected to tell us that our 5th was not ready as promised when we arrived with dogs and cat. Had to turn around and go home, but here is where the good customer service came into play - they without our asking, for any consideration, offered free winterizing and they would come to our campsite to perform the service. May not cost them much, but it will save us the hassle of doing it ourselves. I was particularly pleased with the service report. Very detailed.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #28

Sometimes we get poor service from a vendor as they are blatantly unqualified to do the particular job and are not smart enough to own up to it. I would much rather a guy tell me he can not do a particular job than take it on and then butcher it.

Last year about this timeI spent $330 for a generator oil and filter change at a Cat dealer in Cumberland County, TN. Why so darn high you say? Well the tech. and the shop manager both agreed that the drain plug was rounded off and they spent over 3 hours on the phone calling around for a replacement plug before they went on to drill the old one out. Guess who was paying shop labor for a tech to make phone calls? I finally left with new oil filter, new air filter and new fuel filter and the old undrilled plug and all of my old oil that had not drained out when the filter was changed. Incidentally this same shop had performed the previous generator service-----guess who had rounded of the plug. Mad as hell I went on my way heading for winter digs in AZ.

Stopped in a Wal-mart in Amarillo and in about 15 minutes had a guy banging on our door. Hey Mister you goy something leaking all over the place out here. And he was right the 6' to 8' area was a mess. Shut the generator down and make arrangements to get into a Cummins shop not 3 miles away ASAP next morning. Within 2 minutes the tech comes in with the plug in hand and says what was the issue? Oh and then he informs me that the "leaking all overthe ground" stuff was diesel fuel not generator engine fuel----reason the fuel filter which was now ruined hab been installed backwards and any time on that TN to TX trip that we had used the generator we were actually pumping a fair amount of our liquid gold diesel fuel onto the interstates. You thought I was mad before, now this full blooded Welshman was furious.

Too many of these "techs" get hired because they are a warm body and should never be allowed near an engine.

Yes, I did persue it with the BBB,; but, remember those who we complain about pay dues to the BBB----i.e. bite the hand that feeds you, not really. The Attorney general of TN did not get me any $ back; but, sure had this guy doing some hoop jumping. So 2 weeks ago while in TN and again wanting annual generator service chose to drive 60 miles out of my way and on mile 5 had to go right by this same Cat dealer and in the future would not let one of his techs. near my coach if I broke down at his doorstep, happy travels and stay safe out there, Ken Roberts...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote