Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
All stays app?

Anyone here have the all stays app and is it any good. or useful.
ebrownell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I use it as ONE source when scoping out a place to stop. I also use Google, Garmin, and any other source I have when selecting a place. Too often one source can have outdated or wrong info. If I find it from multiple sources, it's more likely to be correct.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought the Camp&RV version, tried it but the information contained therein seems to take a lot of its info from public websites and the reviews are so few/old that make it pretty useless. There's not enough of them to make an informed decision. I do use the Walmart locator version of Allstays when I'm looking for a Walmart to stay for a quick stop and thats helpful because it does filter out the Walmarts that have do not stays and talks a bit about locations For regular campground searches i use the mobile version of campgroundreviews.com its a mobile webbased application, free and has very candid revews and links to other nearby rv parks if needed after the initial search
Old 03-14-2015, 03:39 PM   #4

We have used this APP and its our primary source for RV site information. The key is setting up the filters. The only downside is you will need cellular service (hotspot) while you are on the road. Out west our AT&T service was hit and miss. Also some campgrounds do not have WiFi. Overall, we are pleased with this APP.
Santee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
It's my first resource when planning a trip. I select the "campground only" filter and use the map mode and it provides me a clear picture of my options.

The information is as up to date as the campground's internet presence allows. As with any internet search you have to use some common sense when evaluating the claims of a campground. It's easy to make yourself look good on a website, but that's hardly a short coming of the app itself.

We have also used it to find RV service in strange areas where we were clueless to know where to go. As I said, it's my primary "find anything RV related" tool.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:44 AM   #6

I like it.
Found it very helpful.
Boogie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am also a big fan of this App. It is great when traveling thru new areas to locate places of interest including Wally world's. Having access to the satellite map enables you to see the ins and outs of places so you can reasonably determine if you will be able to get in and out with a 40 ft coach towing a toad. If the OP is looking for a" map", then there are several other less comprehensive and cheaper options but the "Camp & RV" app will remain my go to source.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #8

I just subscribed to AllStays Pro. Thus far, I really like it. On the truck stop descriptions, does anyone know what "Welcome RVs" means? Does this mean there is a separate RV parking area?
OceanBreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #9

I like it too. I test that type app by having it search in several areas where I know that there is a really obscure camp ground. All Stays is one of the few that will locate one of my favorite National Forest C.G.s. It is a small, free, C.G. located about 12 miles up a A dirt road (Sunlight rd.) west of Chief Joseph hwy. in Wyoming.

BTW, I have spent at least 10 nights there over several years, and have always been totally alone.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
I like it too. I test that type app by having it search in several areas where I know that there is a really obscure camp ground. All Stays is one of the few that will locate one of my favorite National Forest C.G.s. It is a small, free, C.G. located about 12 miles up a A dirt road (Sunlight rd.) west of Chief Joseph hwy. in Wyoming.

BTW, I have spent at least 10 nights there over several years, and have always been totally alone.

Joel
Not anymore!!

Bob & Donna
Old 03-26-2015, 05:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Not anymore!!
Not anymore which?
Do you mean the campground isn't there anymore? See Shoshone National Forest - Little Sunlight Camping Area
or
Not free anymore? See link above.
or
AllStays can't find it anymore? Mine finds it.
or
We wouldn't be all alone there anymore? Oh well. I guess nothing stays undiscovered forever.
or
The road isn't dirt anymore? I can hardly believe they paved it. However, I did make a mistake in my distance estimate. It is only 9 miles, not 12.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
Not anymore which?
Do you mean the campground isn't there anymore? See Shoshone National Forest - Little Sunlight Camping Area
or
Not free anymore? See link above.
or
AllStays can't find it anymore? Mine finds it.
or
We wouldn't be all alone there anymore? Oh well. I guess nothing stays undiscovered forever.
or
The road isn't dirt anymore? I can hardly believe they paved it. However, I did make a mistake in my distance estimate. It is only 9 miles, not 12.

Joel
Not ALONE anymore! The secret is out.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #13

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
Not ALONE anymore! The secret is out.

Bob & Donna
Old 03-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #14

Howdy!

I use it along with "RVParky" it's a free app you can download.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote