Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
I need some aluminum sewer fittings for two aluminum holding tanks I'm incorporating into my truck bed. Adding two 50 gal. tanks, one for black/gray and another for freshwater. I've searched the internet without any luck?? Looking for two of the straight outlets with the bayonet tabs that could be welding into the tanks.
John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I need some aluminum sewer fittings for two aluminum holding tanks I'm incorporating into my truck bed. Adding two 50 gal. tanks, one for black/gray and another for freshwater. I've searched the internet without any luck?? Looking for two of the straight outlets with the bayonet tabs that could be welding into the tanks.
John
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #3

Unless you have someone custom make them, I think you'll be way out of luck there.

Great Idea, but I doubt you will find it.

I see two options, one, just have a 3 inch collar welded on, and use a rubber connector to a Bladex valve, OR, if your going to have something custom made, I would have the collar made with a backing plate that would accept the 3 inch bladex valve hole pattern. From that, you can connect your valve, and then the sewerhose.

Just my thoughts...

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #4

I don't have a link
but
what about what fire trucks have---for hose hookups
rich in va
Old 12-03-2006, 05:16 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fire Trucks use either a threaded connection or a Stortz connection. Stortz is a twist & lock connector, albeit much more secure than an RV twist & lock connection. One such supplier here. Even though this site only lists 4" and 5" connectors, they are available in 1 3/4' adapters (we use this size in our county tanker task force for refilling tankers). This is not a ad, but you can also try Reliable Fire Supply
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Rich and John -- I had not thought about looking in the fire fighting/truck accessory area.
John
Old 12-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #7

I would suggest finding a "Jobbing Machine Shop" and using a thick walled piece of the right sized Aluminum Pipe have a couple of couplings made, using the plastic stuff for the model.
Anyone that has a metal lathe and knows how to use it could make them for you. Another source that just came to mind would be to get the thick walled pipe you need and go see the Machine Dept. Supervisor at your local Vocational School. We always used the Vocational School for a few small easy production parts and this gave us direct contact for the promising graduates each year.
If we were still in business we would do your job in a heartbeat but unfortunatly we are no longer in business.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Capt. Chet! I'm going to ask the person that built my aluminum bed to fabricate the couplings. He and his employees are amazing when it comes to "blacksmithing".
John
Old 12-09-2006, 03:29 AM   #9

I think a piece of the right sized pipe with a couple of studs or bolts properly placed is all you need.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote