Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #1

Am I being a nuisance?

So I purchased a new coach at the Pomona RV Show in October through Mike Thompson RV. They told me it would have to come from the factory and take at least 30 a 45 days. There was some hope of a Christmas delivery. No RV Santa! Then it should be here by the first. Still no coach. Should I continue to call them like a little kid asking "Is it here yet?" Or do I just be patient and wait for them to call me?
Giant Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If you're a nuisance, then I'd be one, too! I hate waiting on stuff I want, especially when the PROMISED delivery date has come and gone. Sorry you're having to wait.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Squeeky Wheel Gets The Grease.

Why worry about the dealership...and Mike Thompson isn't made up of a group of Saints anyway.

Last time I was at the Santa Fe Springs lot, they said they were not ordering anymore Outlaw's after they sold the last 3611...because...they didn't sell.
Right now there are two 37LS models and a 35SG too.

I would make sure that they knew there was no chance of them selling the unit out from under my pre-sale...yes, that has been done by dealerships. They know they have a sale in the bag, so if they can pull a fast one, that is better for their bottom line.
I am not saying they would do that...just that it has been done in the business.

Best luck and Congrats!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OP, you might not even want to see the rig before they clean it!! The delivery drivers aren't known for keeping them clean and shiny.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I would call every Monday morning until it showed up...JMHO...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #6
Community Administrator

I always say that " patients ( patience ) " are for Doctors. I don't have to have them. I'd be on them frequently.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #7

Don't be shy. They made a promise and then reneged on it. Might not be their fault, might be on the factory. Get the build number and call the manufacturer direct to find out if the dealer is feeding you a line.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #8

I don't see where they made a "promise" as some are saying. Op said he was told "at least" 30-45 days. That means don't expect it before that. The update was likely a dealer's reply to a question he couldn't answer. "By the first."
However, I'd call and check on the progress of "my" unit anytime I wanted to know. Don't let this delay steal your excitement. When it gets here, enjoy!
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #9

Whatever it is it will be worth the wait.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #10

If you ordered back in October, should have at least gotten a VIN by now along with a tentative delivery date.
We ordered our Redwood in mid Feb with a delivery of 8 to 10 weeks. We did get a VIN within a few weeks and unit was delivered at the end of April.
I too would be wondering if the Dealer was pulling a fast one, as they should of had some kind of info on the unit by now, so I would keep on them and maybe even contact the Factory yourself, but without a VIN you probably won't get very far with the Factory.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #11

I wonder if you went in and demanded your down payment back or the coach in a week what their response would be. I think the "30-45 day" thing is used a lot to get people to sign the dotted line when they know that it will be more like 2-3 months. When we ordered ours, we were told 8-10 weeks and it was there in 9. We were also kept informed of the progress of the build till it was ready for a driver to deliver.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #12
doc

Appalachian Campers
They should be able to give you a build number for the factory. Whether they will or not depends I guess. If you can get that, then you might get an approximate build date. What make and model?
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are not being a pest at all. IN fact you should be asking them how much of a discount they are going to give you for failure to deliver as promised!!!!

Years ago my parents contracted to have a house built, The builder used the US-Steel home a day system.. They expected to be finished by Halloween and ask for permission to lay carpet runners and use it as a show house till my parents moved in....

Halloween came and went

Thanksgiving was the move in date specified in the contract

It came and went

So did Christmas

And my parents moved in the first of the year and NOT ONE ROOM was finished, they had to have them come in and hook up a toilet.

A couple months later (I was on the limited duty list at work due to an injury) My mother talked me into doing the finishing in teh basement, The basement was to be divided into 4 rooms

1: Under the stairs
2: Laundry/furnace
3: Bedroom (my brother and I when we were visiting, later my wife and I).

They had 2x4's and barn siding on hand, Mother had already treated the recovered barn siding.

In one day I laid runners on the concrete floor and nailed them down (Ram-set) put up studs and fitted the barn siding.

The next day my brother and I went to a lumber yard, bought paneling and ceiling tile and I finished the inside of the bedroom. This included designing and building an enclosure for one main beam (Floor joist) that carried wireing and plumbing on it's side,, I made a removable cover that could be pulled down for access to the wires.

All in two days.

When Easter arrived my parents terminated the contract, They, My brother and myself completed the house.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Call the factory yourself. Get the straight story. Somebody between the dealer and the manufacturer CEO should be able to tell you what is going on.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote