Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post
....There has been lots of talk of running the genny at a rest stop, walmart, etc... That doesn't bother me in the least - those are all noisy places to start (mostly, due to traffic coming and going).
This is a myth that should be put to rest on these RV forums. Rest Stops are generally noisy but truck stops and WalMart and other big store lots are not. The RVs park off to and toward the end of the lots where there is little traffic. And the traffic, if any, are cars. After about 9:30 PM there is almost no traffic at all in these lots. Truck stops have sections for RVs away from the big rigs. Noise is at a minimum.

Quote:
I also understand running them for AC when the temps are high/humid. I can sleep just fine with them running. It is during the day/evening AND at campgrounds/boon-docking sites way out in nature. With them running one is unable to hear the breeze blowing thru the trees, the birds singing, or the rush of water in the creek. I suppose some people never hear these things - maybe the big city folks don't even know they exist.
It would be a rare city person who didn't know the sounds of nature exist. But to many people, they simply don't care about such sounds. If you're out in the countryside boondocking.... why would other RVs come close? If we saw another RV we would park some distance away so they had privacy.

Quote:
I'm sure (because I've been told ) I'm just an old curmudgeon as I don't care for the four-wheelers racing around and around and around (stirring up dust and making noise), blaring music (of any type), or non-stop yapping dogs.
We've never had the misfortune of people running around in their 4 wheelers but have suffered blaring music until the Ranger shut them down. Barking dogs are the bane of all campers except their owners.

Let's not forget hysterical screaming screeching drunks watching ballgames, stomping their feet and pounding their fists on anything handy. It can go on for hours. It happened at Buttonwood CG in PA.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When someones generator is keeping you awake - pull up this thread and begin to read. You will be asleep in no time.
Color me "unsubscribed".

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #45
laj

what he said
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #46
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ever hear this song..........................

I'm a lonely little Petunia in an Onion Patch - YouTube

Now, now. Take it with a grain of salt.
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #47

We have a new MH with heated tile floors. It requires either shore power or the generator to operate. Although we love the warm floors, we wouldn't run our generator all night if boondocking. Our personal preference to be considerate of other campers. Not sure if I'd be ticked about someone else's noise or not. I guess it depends on how loud it is. Take some earplugs.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I generally run the generator whenever it is needed for comfort unless it goes against any local rules or regulations.

I have never needed to run the generator during the night HOWEVER, if I ever was staying overnight at a location that was extremely hot and humid, trust me, my generator and A/C would be on so I could sleep in comfort.

My generator is 1000 times quieter than any of the diesel OTR truckers who idle their engines all night.

My belief is that R HOME is on wheels and if I don't like my neighbor I can move anytime I choose to and drive to anyplace that I feel comfortable and safe.

If you don't like to hear the noise get up and move!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #49

If nothing else, this thread has illustrated just how annoying generator noise is to many rv'ers.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When someones generator is keeping you awake - pull up this thread and begin to read. You will be asleep in no time.
Color me "unsubscribed".
X-3,
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When someones generator is keeping you awake - pull up this thread and begin to read. You will be asleep in no time. Color me "unsubscribed".
X4

We have heard how annoying gennies can be, how arrogant some folks can be, how courteous others can be, and how upset many can get.

Well, you can pound your fists on the table until they turn pink, and never have a solution to the issue.

If you park at WM (et al) it is "game on". And you dont own the spot, didnt even rent it.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #52
doc

Appalachian Campers
# 49 is the best post of the entire thread.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #53

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey...!!!

This just illustrates that we can agree to disagree. I run my gennie when I need to...WHEN I NEED TO!!!! That means that I need it. Maybe I need it to run my micro, my AC or even hubby's C-Pap machine, but whatever I need to do...I will do it because it is my RV and my gennie. I try to be respectful of my neighbors but if there are no rules that tell me to respect "quiet hours", well it is my world too..!!!!

If I do not like the neighbor's noise, I will move...and maybe they should do that if they do not like my noise.

As for parking at Wally World....If I need a place to pull off the road and sleep, I will do so if they graciously allow me to...but I would never slam a neighbor...be it a trucker or a fellow RV'er if they are parked there and they want to host an "Elephant Party"... We are staying there free and we should be glad that we have a place to pull the rolling tin can off the highway for a few hours...

If you want peace and quiet....stay in your own driveway and call the cops if the neighbors are making too much noise....!!!!

Much too much agravation about this...!!!!

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
You go Girl !!!

I totally agree.

If people don't like the noise, it's simple, MOVE!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #55

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After reading for a while, i got confused on what people were complaining about. Ever thought about giving it up and living in sticks an bricks.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #56

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
This is a myth that should be put to rest on these RV forums. Rest Stops are generally noisy but truck stops and WalMart and other big store lots are not. The RVs park off to and toward the end of the lots where there is little traffic. And the traffic, if any, are cars. After about 9:30 PM there is almost no traffic at all in these lots. Truck stops have sections for RVs away from the big rigs. Noise is at a minimum.
Never beenin a Wal*Mart when the kids decided to use it for their nightime rubber burning, open exhaust playground have you? We have!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote