Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Does FedEx or UPS have a "hold for customer pickup" service?? Then a patron could have things sent to the nearest FedEx/UPS....
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can one of the OP'S that mentioned other towns to go too please tell us how far away are they? Miles
Thank you Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
How does anyone travel w/o a "road atlas" or map of some kind?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Can one of the OP'S that mentioned other towns to go too please tell us how far away are they? Miles
Thank you Tim
Parker is 40 miles from Q. Blythe is 20 miles, straight out I-10 west into California(much better experience than Q Post office. Ehrenberg has a small post office, at exit one of I-10 just before you cross into California.Get off the exit, turn right, at stop sign turn right, about 2 miles, past the elementary school PO is on the left. Bouse, I think is about 25-30 miles, not sure, hardly ever go there.
As others have said, Q PO is terrible. General delivery hours are 11am to 1pm. not a minute before or after. They are short on employees. In 10 years of being down here in the winter, I don't know how they stay so focused and pleasant, I know I couldn't be that nice!
Thank goodness we have a PO box, but when it comes to pkgs, its the same for everyone. (Long lines)
Dona
springwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
Does FedEx or UPS have a "hold for customer pickup" service?? Then a patron could have things sent to the nearest FedEx/UPS....
FED-EX has hold for p/u
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #20

Quote:
If you don't care where you travel, any road will suffice.
Seriously, All US highways are laid-out in a specific pattern. Interstates numbering begins in the SW corner of the U.S.A., the higher the number means the further East and North you are, U.S.A. federal 2-lane highways are numbered from the extreme NE, so just the opposite applies, the further South and West you go numbers get higher. State highways mimic U.S. highways numbering.
Theoretically you can drive to any area of the U.S.A. without looking at a map. It sure is convenient to know were you are going though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #21

I have gotten many FedEx Smart Posts over the years including one today. I've never had any problems with USPS losing them. Including one today that came a day earlier than Amazon said, but it came out of NV to AZ so that's why I guess.

Only time USPS has ever outright lost something was a priority envelope to the IRS. (!!!) They gave me a refund on the postage since I had tracking showing it just stopped moving. I tried again via Certified and it got there.

I decided to stay over here I am for another month so maybe I won't have to worry about General Delivery in QS next month since I am doing some ordering of stuff this month while I can receive packages fro all carriers where I am now without General Delivery.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #22

Quote:
I use GPS mostly or just write down directions as I get them from Google Maps. Mind you, I can drive down any road pretty much. I once ended up going down an narrow alley for garbage trucks by mistake that was about 4 blocks long. I thought it was a turn in for a park. Once I was in, there was no easy getting out really unless I kept going forward.

That was my fault, not the GPS. But it did keep telling me to turn when I was in the alley which would have been through a fence and into someone's back yard. It assumed I was on the nearby street.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
USPS and Fed-EX have a partnership agreement. This is why you find Fed-Ex drop boxes at post offices.

There is no such agreement between USPS and UPS.

I know I have had shipments that were sent to me (A recent E-bay Purchase) where the shipper dropped it at the counter in a post office, they (USPS) handed it to FED-Ex, I tracked it on the Fed-Ex web site and it was finally handed back to the Post office about half a mile from where I pick up my mail and I got it the next trip to my box. (My post office box type box is in a "mail store" type place).

Only the USPS can deliver to a post office boxes, but some USPS priority mail is transported by Fed-Ex.. That shipment proved it. I was kind of surprised when the tracking info took me to Fed-Ex.

NOTE: I do not favor that partnership agreement but it's a fact.

Amazon Prime can not deliver to a post office box but they can ship USPS overnight in many cases if they choose to do so.. This will most likely go Fed-Ex to the nearest postal hub and USPS from there.

Their Drones however will not be welcome in a Post Office lot.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In Dec of 2012 UPS and USPS did get together to offer a service similar to FedX and USPS. See USPS,UPS establish partnership.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubey View Post

I finally decided I wanted and needed the savings and 2 day shipping of Amazon Prime. I sent my mom an invite for access to it as well.

I will be staying the LTVA so I won't have an RV park to use for an address, which is why I need to figure out if I can get packages via General Delivery at the PO via Amazon Prime's 2 day free shipping.
I tried the Free Trial of Amazon Prime and then cancelled it before the end of the month.

My reason for cancelling is that I later found out that the 2 day free shipping ONLY applies to products that are eligible and labeled PRIME.

It doesn't apply to all products.

Amazon.com Help: About Amazon Prime

It's a GREAT deal if the majority of products that you normally order are PRIME products.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
I finally decided I wanted and needed the savings and 2 day shipping of Amazon Prime. I sent my mom an invite for access to it as well. I have done some research already and apparently if you put "Post Office" in the address field (ie: "Post Office General Delivery") it makes the shipping method under prime automatically go to USPS. Can anyone confirm this? Does Quartzsite's PO do General Delivery? It's hard to find direct dial numbers for PO's, else I would call and ask them directly. I will be staying the LTVA so I won't have an RV park to use for an address, which is why I need to figure out if I can get packages via General Delivery at the PO via Amazon Prime's 2 day free shipping.
We've had Amazon Prime for years. Love the service! I haven't personally tried what you're asking to do, but I've had Amazon tell me that if the address can only accept USPS that should be pre-programmed into their system. Again, haven't tested this. I would LOVE to know if it works for you.
Nina
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Both Fedex and UPS offer this service (hold for pickup), but the shipment has to come by the same carrier as where it ends up. You can't ship Fedex for hold at a UPS, for example. No way to specify this or know this ahead of time on Amazon, so that makes it tough to plan.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Another way to receive mail and packages at Q is to have it sent to Quiet Times store. She will hold it for a small fee. Have a read here:

http://dewelldesigns.blogspot.com/20...uartzsite.html

Tags
quartzsite