Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
I finally decided I wanted and needed the savings and 2 day shipping of Amazon Prime. I sent my mom an invite for access to it as well.

I have done some research already and apparently if you put "Post Office" in the address field (ie: "Post Office General Delivery") it makes the shipping method under prime automatically go to USPS. Can anyone confirm this?

Does Quartzsite's PO do General Delivery? It's hard to find direct dial numbers for PO's, else I would call and ask them directly.

I will be staying the LTVA so I won't have an RV park to use for an address, which is why I need to figure out if I can get packages via General Delivery at the PO via Amazon Prime's 2 day free shipping.
So, i asked this on another forum and got feedback from someone who actually tried it. It didn't work. Despite putting General Delivery in the address, Amazon sent the package UPS and it was rejected. He didn't actually put "Post Office" in the address so don't know if that was the kicker, but he did use the PO address and "general delivery".
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #30

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
USPS and Fed-EX have a partnership agreement. This is why you find Fed-Ex drop boxes at post offices.

There is no such agreement between USPS and UPS.
USPS and UPS do have a mutual service agreement. It's called Surepost. I buy cigars from Pa. and UPS ships them to the regional post office near me and my local PO delivers them to my street address. Its successful most of the time.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Yep. I receive lots of packages this way.

However, it may not be available in all areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
USPS and UPS do have a mutual service agreement. It's called Surepost. I buy cigars from Pa. and UPS ships them to the regional post office near me and my local PO delivers them to my street address. Its successful most of the time.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just ordered a new stereo for the MH it left from the place I bought it from by FedX and delivered to the SB by my mail carrier.

Boy I agree about the map post, I think I got 2 of them. I don't trust the GPS.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite