Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #1

Amazon Prime & Quartzsite PO?

I finally decided I wanted and needed the savings and 2 day shipping of Amazon Prime. I sent my mom an invite for access to it as well.

I have done some research already and apparently if you put "Post Office" in the address field (ie: "Post Office General Delivery") it makes the shipping method under prime automatically go to USPS. Can anyone confirm this?

Does Quartzsite's PO do General Delivery? It's hard to find direct dial numbers for PO's, else I would call and ask them directly.

I will be staying the LTVA so I won't have an RV park to use for an address, which is why I need to figure out if I can get packages via General Delivery at the PO via Amazon Prime's 2 day free shipping.
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Q PO will accept general delivery for 30 days.
The Boise PO adopted that policy last year. People started using the Bouse PO instead of Q and I suspect that caused Bouse to do that.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #3

Very good. I doubt I'll be there more than 30 days. If i am, I guess I'll have to figure out something else if I want another delivery.

I will check in at the PO to make sure in case I need to fill out a form or something. Also, there's 2 POs from what I've read so I'll have to figure out which is which.

Now, I just need to figure out how to be sure I can get Amazon Prime packages delivered to the PO as General Delivery.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Quartzsite PO is the worst I have ever dealt with. They only give out general delivery at certain hours and when those hour are over they won't serve you even if you are in line. I went in with my tracking info in hand and they said they couldn't find my package. I showed them the tracking info from the USPS saying my package was there and they said it wasn't, come back tomorrow. Next day same routine. On the 3rd day they finally found my package. The locals tell me they have complained for years with no improvements.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #5

Well... if it's the only option I'll have... I'll just have to deal with it I guess. It beats paying big bucks to stay at one of RV parks. It's not going to be anything I can live without for a few days.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you are shipping to a post office box. there are only two ways to ship.. The Post Office (USPS) and USPS rapid delivery (Fed-Ex/USPS agreement)

UPS, And other rapid transport services can NOT deliver to a PO box. only USPS can do that.

I am not sure if FED-EX can originate or accept a delivery to a post office box or not. But some Post office shipments go Fed-Ex.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #7

Agree, Q post office worst in the nation.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #8

Wonder if one of Amazon's drones can find you? Paint your phone # on the roof.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Have it sent to Blythe,CA. No traffic and much easier to deal with.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I believe that it was posted on this site that there are camp
grounds/sites @ Quartzite that are $14.00 a night or $40 bucks for 14 days? sewer/water only. I am sure I have this mixed up.

Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
If you are shipping to a post office box. there are only two ways to ship.. The Post Office (USPS) and USPS rapid delivery (Fed-Ex/USPS agreement)

UPS, And other rapid transport services can NOT deliver to a PO box. only USPS can do that.

I am not sure if FED-EX can originate or accept a delivery to a post office box or not. But some Post office shipments go Fed-Ex.
FED-EX can not deliver to a PO box
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fed X has a service that picks up from the shipper and delivers to a USPS Center or office who then delivers to the PO box. I was under the impression UPS had a similar service.

Glenn
Old 12-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have gotten mail at Quartzsite before and from now on I have it sent to Parker, Az. Quartzsite is an experience.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #14

I will warn you that you won't always get your packages in 2 day when you use USPS because you could get sent into FedEx Smartpost hell. USPS is notorious for losing or delaying Amazon packages. I can't tell you why I know this(my employer's social media policy) but trust me on this.
ripsigg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite