Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
As if $1.6billion in profit in the past 3 months isn't enough!

Lori-
That is what I was thinking. 100 million Prime subscribers and you taking another $20. So another (100 million x $20) $2 billion in annual operating income.

All the Amazon orders I have ordered as a non Prime member I have gotten free shipping. Yes, it wasn't next day or 2 day, more like 5-7 day. So what. But we live in society of instant gratification of "l want it now".
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #30

Like my Prime, Love my AMZN stock.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
My Amazon Prime account also allows my daughter, living 200 miles away, and my son, 1400 miles away, to get free shipping and delivery to their homes. I don't mind the fee for the benefits.

I share my account with my sister 3k miles away. Amazon a prime is here to stay!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Ok just had a chat with Amazon, here is a copy of our chat

Chat

Sound
Me: I heard on the news Prime is going up to $119 may 11, 2018, is this right? ‎7‎:‎26‎:‎08‎ ‎PM

You are now connected to Soumya from Amazon.com
Soumya: Hello, my name is Soumya. I'm here to help you today. ‎7‎:‎26‎:‎10‎ ‎PM
Soumya: Hello, Rob. Yes, Prime prices have been increased. ‎7‎:‎26‎:‎38‎ ‎PM

Me: because my prime expires pretty soon, anyway I can renew it now to save a couple of bucks? ‎7‎:‎27‎:‎12‎ ‎PM
Me: I really like prime, but it seems like everything is going up, except for my pay ‎7‎:‎28‎:‎16‎ ‎PM

Soumya: I totally understand your concern and please give me 2 moments to look into this for you. ‎7‎:‎28‎:‎39‎ ‎PM

Me: ok thank you ‎7‎:‎28‎:‎47‎ ‎PM

Soumya: Thank you for staying connected, Rob. ‎7‎:‎31‎:‎24‎ ‎PM
Soumya: I've checked with your Prime membership and see that Saturday, May 6, 2018. ‎7‎:‎32‎:‎37‎ ‎PM
Soumya: I've checked and I can assure you that your current Prime Renews at ‎7‎:‎33‎:‎33‎ ‎PM
Soumya: $99.00 ( excluding taxes ) on June 06, 2018 ‎7‎:‎33‎:‎33‎ ‎PM

Me: oh really, that's great ‎7‎:‎34‎:‎12‎ ‎PM

Soumya: Starting June 16, 2018, Prime members will renew at a rate of $119/year. ‎7‎:‎34‎:‎45‎ ‎PM

Me: ah ok, I was reading that sometime in May it was suppose to go up, well that is good news ‎7‎:‎35‎:‎22‎ ‎PM

Soumya: It's actually May 11, but it is only for new customers. ‎7‎:‎35‎:‎53‎ ‎PM

Me: oh ok, so all other current prime member will renew at $99 ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎22‎ ‎PM

Soumya: Yes, that's correct! ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎34‎ ‎PM

Me: awesome ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎42‎ ‎PM

Soumya: Perfect! ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎49‎ ‎PM
Soumya: All set, Rob? ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎53‎ ‎PM

Me: thank you for clearing this up for me and some friends ‎7‎:‎37‎:‎01‎ ‎PM
Me: you bet ‎7‎:‎37‎:‎04‎ ‎PM

Soumya: Oh yes
According to this anyone who renews after June 16 will pay $119, not that all current members will renew at $99. Not sure it's worth it to me at that price, in fact I'm not sure it's worth the present cost for me.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #33

I have no issue, philosophically, with them charging what they can.

I initially went Prime when it was for shipping only. For me, their add-ons aren't much of a value add.

My reality is that I can also either a) wait more than two days and/or b) order enough to get 2 day shipping free anyways.

That being the case, I'm considering dropping it.

What's interesting is that, for every one subscriber who drops the service, it consumes the extra revenue from five who stay (lose $100 spread out over five folks paying an extra $20). I'm sure most will stay either actively (it's worth it to them) or passively (auto-renewal and don't think much about it).
LabDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #34

While I am never happy about a price increase, I get free music to add to my Amazon music and a free book a month to add to my Kindle app, as well as all the free shipping. I added DW to the Household Prime so she can now order on her own and get free shipping. We do watch more non-Prime video than Prime, but like to check on videos recently added to Prime to see what might interest us.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
I just ordered 5 items, it said free 2 day shipping on all of them.

And I'm all for supporting mom & pop stores, but where are they. All we have here are big box stores. The only mom & pops are liquor stores.
All 5 items were delivered today, less then 48 hours after ordering. It would have cost about $38.00 without PRIME!
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Hmmm how I read the article, it means NEW subscriber will pay $119 so if you are a current subscriber it still should only be $99

or am I mis reading it???

Fox is the only one saying NEW subscribers.
I did not bother to look up a fox article or vid or whaever. It is fox so good chance it is not correct or missing context <--------- it is a joke, sarcasm, funny hahah.

I went to read it from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202213110

Does not take a lot smaller orders to equal that fee in shipping savings cost.

Pro tip.
Did you order something on amazon with a prime membership and it was a prime item and two working days later ups shows the item as delivered but it is not? Get on chat with amazon on day three (have the tracking number ready) when it has not arrived but shows delivered and let them know. odds are your prime will get extended for a month as their way of saying sorry for ups fudging the tracking.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #37

Our experience 'without' Prime is that we get free shipping, normally, anyway and we're willing to wait 5-7 days for delivery to get that free shipping. Rarely do we need anything NOW.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #38

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Our experience 'without' Prime is that we get free shipping, normally, anyway and we're willing to wait 5-7 days for delivery to get that free shipping. Rarely do we need anything NOW.
Prime is more than 2-day delivery. It's movies, music, cloud storage, and special sales and other perks.

https://www.amazon.com/primeinsider/...g_prime_member

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #39

I ordered a non prime but with free shipping item yesterday and when I got a confirmation today, the delivery date was May 30- June 15...what???

I canceled then order an identical "Prime" item today and will be delivered on Friday.

Can't beat prime for 2 days delivery.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #40

20 bucks....we'll save more than that in the first 2 weeks of ordering. We order via Amazon at least weekly, many weeks 2-3 times. No big deal. Heck, 20 bucks will barely buy 2 Double Whopper meals. Would rather have the free shipping.
Also have the Kindle Unlimited for 10 bucks a month. Lets me borrow as many books as I want. I read at least 2 a week, and keep 8-10 loaded in my Kindle while on trips.
10 bucks is a bargin, cheaper than todays paperbacks.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Yes, it wasn't next day or 2 day, more like 5-7 day. So what. But we live in society of instant gratification of "l want it now".
When you are in a place an hour drive from the nearest marine/rv supply store and you have a problem with something that needs that dometic or other part that is almost impossible to find in ace hardware or big box hardware stores but it can be found on amazon with two day free shipping if it is prime is worth it.

It was and some places still is called just in time manufacturing or inv control. It started in the 60's and 70s so it is not a must have it now new generation thing.

No need to pay to store an item you might need when you can have it shipped and have arrive just in time.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabDaddy View Post
I have no issue, philosophically, with them charging what they can.

I initially went Prime when it was for shipping only. For me, their add-ons aren't much of a value add.

My reality is that I can also either a) wait more than two days and/or b) order enough to get 2 day shipping free anyways.

That being the case, I'm considering dropping it.

What's interesting is that, for every one subscriber who drops the service, it consumes the extra revenue from five who stay (lose $100 spread out over five folks paying an extra $20). I'm sure most will stay either actively (it's worth it to them) or passively (auto-renewal and don't think much about it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Prime is more than 2-day delivery. It's movies, music, cloud storage, and special sales and other perks.

https://www.amazon.com/primeinsider/...g_prime_member

And the unspoken perk is FREE RETURNS within 30 days for defective items. Only takes 1 return to justify that extra $20 a year. Try that without a Prime Membership.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote