Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #15

Being a Mobil retiree, first choice is Mobil or Exxon. My second choice is Chevron, my son is on their payroll and not on mine.
Jymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Some places, BP being one in Kansas I believe who don't add alcohol to their premium or mid range gas...but read the signs. My spouse has to find alcohol free gas for his powerchute because the alcohol eats away at the epoxy fillers and such in his gas tank. We have replaced it once already and the lines and had to clean out the filters and all due to the previous owner not following protocol for them and using the gasohol. Had a few scary incidents in the air with clogged fuel lines....and trying to explain which wheat field he landed in ....well, good thing for gps with lat longitude settings that can translate to roads!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm about as loyal to gas companies as I am to choice of airlines, which means it really doesn't matter, it's all the same and the service/product is no different. Whoever has the best price, easiest access and schedule (airlines) is the one who gets my business.
Customer loyalty died sometime in the 80's with deregulation. It's the price we pay for "cheap" gas and airline seats. We reap what we sow.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
I pull our 26' boat with our 40' motorhome when we do our vacation (less than 2 weeks away finally!) -- not many places can fit us all in. Especially those places with all the pump lanes at a right angle to the building. If the pump lanes aren't parallel with the building, or at least angled, no need for me to even stop and try.

Ergo, I could care less what BRAND of gas I use, I'll take whatever's at the place I can fit into!
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
What about Diesel? Is there one company better than the other out there?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #20

I am fond of the CHEAP ones!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan

Ahhhh! Thanks for the clarification sir.
That is totally not true.

Any chargebacks go back to the merchant. The credit card companies demand 2 way access to the clients bank account, and can and do take away as quickly as they give.

The banks eat nothing. Either the consumer pays, or the merchant does, never ever the bank.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #22

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I will go just about anywhere that sells a quality fuel and I can fit my 60 ft. train. That usually means a truck stop. However, I will only use Exxon if I have absolutely no other choice, regardless of price. I have been boycotting them ever since they refused to take responsibility for the Valdez spill many moons ago. At least BP paid up and then fought responsibility later against the folks who actually caused the spill.
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #23

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
That is totally not true.

Any chargebacks go back to the merchant. The credit card companies demand 2 way access to the clients bank account, and can and do take away as quickly as they give.

The banks eat nothing. Either the consumer pays, or the merchant does, never ever the bank.

Yes, but chargebacks are disputed charges due to card theft (vendor needs to check ID - at the pump sales only check zip code) or you just saying you did not make the charge or did not get what you asked for - in the case of gas that is a bit rare. If you just do not pay your bill the vendor is not on the hook.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #24

76 stations advertise that they don't have any ethanol in their fuel (at least here in the west). Personally, I use tribal gas stations when I can (we have a Swinomish Tribe Chevron in Anacortes), with Costco as my first alternate and Safeway as a second.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
For Diesel we like BP. The pumps are always well marked and the stations clean. JHMO
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am loyal to Gas Buddy and no one else. If they are the cheapest and will take a credit card and give you the same price as cash. I am you faithful customer. Using Gas Buddy I can generally save about 30 cents a gallon including the card credits. As far a station access goes, I will call ahead to see if they have RV access and at what pumps.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In the local area we normally use ARCO as they usually have the best cash price and the one closest to the house is easy to get into and out of even when I'm hauling the car hauler. Never had a problem with it. On the road, The key issues are major brands, including ARCO and accessibility.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #28

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I prefer to use Shell when I can. For whatever reason, all my vehicles seem to perform better, and get slightly better mileage with the Shell. I REALLY wish we could still get ethanol free gas around here, but it's impossible unless you want to pay $6 +/ gal for racing fuel.

BP is my second choice. I will not run Exxon gas at all. Over the years, I have gotten 2 bad tanks of gas from Exxon stations , and both times Exxon refused to pay for repairs. So I'd rather walllk than contribute another penny to Exxon.

Tags
gas