Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok as for gas I try to drive my MH to work the day before we leave and some times we have even left from work in the afternoon. And I get gas right out side my (7-11 store) just tell the staff to open the pump. And yes I pay full retail... Two weeks ago when we left it was 3.64 and about 225.00. And I know my store pumps have clean filters. 20 years no one has ever said my GAS was bad.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
I am fond of the CHEAP ones!

And stations that have long handle windshield squeegee's......hate those short handle ones.....but I guess you can't win them all

Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasters View Post
Ok as for gas I try to drive my MH to work the day before we leave and some times we have even left from work in the afternoon. And I get gas right out side my (7-11 store) just tell the staff to open the pump. And yes I pay full retail... Two weeks ago when we left it was 3.64 and about 225.00. And I know my store pumps have clean filters. 20 years no one has ever said my GAS was bad.

Say What?? Please don't talk to my wife about that statement.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasters View Post
At least not the gasoline!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Let me clear up what some one asked me about. Most 7-11 franchisee that sell gas have no control over price, we do not own the gas in the ground. 7-11 has great service plan taking care of pumps and gas filters that will shut down pump with just a little water passing thru them. and for this reason I know I can trust my gas to be free of JUNK or water. 7-11 pays ALL franchisee of gas stores 1.5 cents a gallon unless they own the whole building and ground the gas is in. And I sell 300,000 gals of gas a month, that's not easy but in 12 years the volume has been the same no matter how low or hi the price goes.
but I did take note about the higher grade while driving in mountains, it does help with our MH,
Thanks to this web site even I can learn
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #48

I don't use a lot of gas with a diesel MH and diesel toad but what gas I do buy its Union 76. No alcohol in any of their grades.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #49
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn View Post
With gas prices on the rise price is top priority. I think brand fuel is becoming a non factor as all contain ethanol, all are same octane with little or no difference in the product. Some add their own additives but who knows if they are beneficial. It all comes through the same pipeline with a slug of water to separate the different purchasers( Chevron, BP Kangeroo, Valero, etc.) Some base their preference on which gas card they carry. Ditto on the easy in-easy out.

"It all comes through the same pipeline with a slug of water to separate the different purchasers( Chevron, BP Kangeroo, Valero, etc.) "

WHAT??
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #50

Whats the big deal with ethanol? It has been around since 1860, and used in gasoline engines since 1908. Ever since around 2000 cars/trucks were designed to run on a small percent of ethanol and recently designs were accomplished to incorporate much much greater %.

Besides ever since 2010 100% of ethanol that America needed was produced right here in our country. No imports.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
While its in the same pipeline, there is no slug of water to separate the owners. As far as I know, Chevron can put 10,000 gallons in and pull 10,000 gallons out the other end the same day, even though it can take 3 days for their original input to go to the end of the pipe.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #52

B9,

There in not as much energy in a gallon of ethanol as there is in a gallon of gasoline thus lower fuel mileage. It also does not store well. And it should be feeding people rather than making some mega farms rich.
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Top priority is fuel price. Shell is usually the last resort since they are ALWAYS priced higher.

Ken
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #54

I will not purchase from Citgo,for the hate they have for America. Nor from BP for all the damage they have done. Shell is my preference.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #55

+1 on the will NEVER buy ANYTHING at a citgo station..... It's a shame they are allowed to do business in the U.S. - and a bigger shame that some U.S. citizens buy from them and contribute to a foreign corrupt regime that openly states their hatred for and hopes for the destruction od the U.S.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #56

Outdoors RV Owners Club
At home, in Canada, we don't choose Flying J. Their price sucks compared to Co-op fuel stops. Having said that, when we're traveling in the U.S.A., our fuel stops are at the high volume truck fuel places. Better fuel, competitive prices, and lots of room to negotiate our coach and toad with ease, and get back on the road.

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas