Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
@#%&$*=OOOPS+$$$

I think trouble follows me!

Took the RV out to wash it today because I'm going to put it up for sale and the first thing I notice is what I thought to be leaves flying around was actually one of my thicker pin stripes. Yup! Pealed her off like a banana skin. Good luck matching that mister "I want a Monaco product".

Now. The topper. You'd think that for all the times I've washed my RV that I would remember not to spray up into the outside fridge access?
NOOOOOO. Not Me! Didn't realize it was an issue till I plugged the RV in at home and didn't hear the fridge cut in. No lights. Looked outside at the electronic fridge control switch board. Little red light is on, tested and have 12v in but no 12v out. Power to the plug is good. Can't find a fuse, but given that I have 12v to the control switch, I don't think it's a fuse. Wait.....I know what it is......it's money flying out of my back pocket!!!!

Can any one help with an idea? I have a Norcold 1200 LRIM 4 door fridge. Coach is below.
I read somewhere to unplug the 12V to the switch overnight and try it tomorrow.

Aside from that does anyone have a spare Norcold #634677 Control Switch they aren't using.

Oh....and of course....like any of the other s@%&$y things that tend to happen, it's always on a weekend when no one is available and no RV stores are open.

Hey what's that swirling up in the sky??? Is that a Locust???? Na...couldn't be.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You were right. You definitely need to start a blog. (Sorry for your troubles.)

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
i think trouble follows me!

Took the rv out to wash it today because i'm going to put it up for sale and the first thing i notice is what i thought to be leaves flying around was actually one of my thicker pin stripes. Yup! Pealed her off like a banana skin. Good luck matching that mister "i want a monaco product".

Now. The topper. You'd think that for all the times i've washed my rv that i would remember not to spray up into the outside fridge access?
Noooooo. Not me! Didn't realize it was an issue till i plugged the rv in at home and didn't hear the fridge cut in. No lights. Looked outside at the electronic fridge control switch board. Little red light is on, tested and have 12v in but no 12v out. Power to the plug is good. Can't find a fuse, but given that i have 12v to the control switch, i don't think it's a fuse. Wait.....i know what it is......it's money flying out of my back pocket!!!!

Can any one help with an idea? I have a norcold 1200 lrim 4 door fridge. Coach is below.
I read somewhere to unplug the 12v to the switch overnight and try it tomorrow.

Aside from that does anyone have a spare norcold #634677 control switch they aren't using.

Oh....and of course....like any of the other s@%&$y things that tend to happen, it's always on a weekend when no one is available and no rv stores are open.

Hey what's that swirling up in the sky??? Is that a locust???? Na...couldn't be.
if you did the norcold recall, and the red light is on that little blace box. It means the recall update has failed and you have to get the newest version.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
if you did the norcold recall, and the red light is on that little blace box. It means the recall update has failed and you have to get the newest version.
Chuck,

The recall was done ages ago. Is that possible that it needs re-doing?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Les, are you having a bad day? Norcolds will do it.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Isn't there something in the maintenance manual about a way to reset the red light? Try looking your model up at bryant rv. They have manuals and info for troubleshooting.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I have the yellow tag with R - 010 on it. I think that was the latest recall fix. Is there a fuse anywhere I should be checking or does the red light just mean recall or replace that part?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120915-00147.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	26101  
Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They can hide some of those fuses rather well.. I have a Dometic however so can not help you.

I would follow the Norcold Reset procedure and try again, You might get lucky.

I might add.. My dometic seems to be somewhat forgiving of that kind of boo-boo.

Oh, and I have to say you posted one of the best subject lines I have ever seen.. Very true, Dingbat (What the first part is called) usually does equal (Second part) MONEY (third part) flying out of pocket.. Very good subject line
Old 09-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #9

I think you might have to take it in to get a new black box. I have read that once the red light comes on, that's it. You can wire 12v around it to keep the frig running but that negates the reason for the recall. That's just the way it is with NeverCold frigs.

Don
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Les... you haven't told the DW have you?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Chuck,

The recall was done ages ago. Is that possible that it needs re-doing?
Yes you need the latest update. Your box is shot. You can plug everything in like it was before you did the update and it will work. But you then have no overheat protection.

P.S. Nice manicure
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Les... you haven't told the DW have you?

Rick
Unfortunately, she saw the replies on her iPad and she is in Toronto visiting her sister. Couldn't delete them before she saw them LOL.

She can always tell when something has happened by the sounds coming from the garage. I have invented many choice words not recognized in the English language a few times over the things that happen. She knows to stay away at a time like that and give me time to let her know what I did.

I love that about her!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Isn't that similar to when working on it you are now needing the wrench that was just tossed off the opposite garage wall?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Oh, and I have to say you posted one of the best subject lines I have ever seen.. Very true, Dingbat (What the first part is called) usually does equal (Second part) MONEY (third part) flying out of pocket.. Very good subject line
Thankfully, I'm blessed with a sense of humor!

For without it, and the amount of things that seem to befall me, I would probably be in the nut house!