Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Not so. Police DO investigate accidents, and if they find that this wasn't a routine rear-end accident, they may very well cite the rear vehicle, such as when a car stops nowhere near a turn location and there is good evidence it was intentional.

By the way, more and more trucks are equipped with video recorders, and more and more trucking companies are suing car drivers for damage. You DO carry enough insurance for a $125,000 truck, a $50,000 trailer, and a $500,000 load, plus down time, right?
It makes no difference how big or small you are there are a percentage of people out there that weave in and out driving too fast that care less if they cut you off. I have noticed very aggressive drivers in and around some towns like Columbus Ohio...I hate driving in Columbus! My son-in-law who works in Columbus tells me that it is a way of life for Columbus drivers

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
If I were ever to put one of those backward-reading signs on my front bumper, it might be, "So MERGE, dang it!"
My Texas licence plate:

as read in rearview mirror: MUVOVR (Move Over)

PS: Had to use the "U" because the "O & 0" was taken!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #129

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On our way to the Good Sam rally in Pheonix last year, we found, invariably, as we traveled through California, that if I looked in the right mirror and saw a car merging, he would pass me on the right, fifty yards after the merge lane ran out. It has been said many times, you just can't cure stupid.
n7bq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #130

I always yield to the law of gross tonnage when merging, following or passing.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #131

Far too many drivers don't know the rules of the road, especally when it comes to changing lanes. I have actually heard drivers say that when changing lanes the guy already in the lane must yield to the person changing lanes. Like airplane pilots, I wish drivers had to attend refresher training every few years.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post
I always yield to the law of gross tonnage when merging, following or passing.
Or count the lug nuts. The one with the most will win. Lol
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Far too many drivers don't know the rules of the road, especally when it comes to changing lanes. I have actually heard drivers say that when changing lanes the guy already in the lane must yield to the person changing lanes. Like airplane pilots, I wish drivers had to attend refresher training every few years.
Refresher training would be a good thing to be sure. Personally I'd settle for correcting wrong answers on the drivers test the. First time.
-
I was with someone who barely passed the test, missing 30% of the questions. They were given their license without even being told what the 30% of the things they were wrong about were. So now they will go through the rest of their life believing they are doing a bunch of things right simply because no one explained it at the beginning.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went to a High School graduation ceremony last week and the majority of clueless people took up two parking spaces. They would leave about six feet between cars.
You know, if they don't know how to park they darn sure aren't going to know how to drive!!!

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote