Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #15
Watched it, doesn't make me drop everything and go to lazy daze any time soon!

Dave and Laura & two cats
02 Discovery with Accord toad
retired auto rv tech and teacher, wife rt nurse
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #16
It was nice to see some of the new coaches without the sales push.

2011 40' Monaco Cayman PBQ ISC 360
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
CampingCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It looks like an advertising program by Lazy Days.

Like just about every other RV program that has been on TV, it's geared to non-RVers in hopes of attracting buyers.

From the Travel channel;

Big Time RV gives viewers an all-access pass inside America's largest and most prestigious RV dealership located in Tampa, FL. While touring and testing every make and model of RV available, the expert sales force and first-rate service center work together to satisfy the demands of RV lovers looking to buy or rent the biggest, most over-the-top RVs in the business.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Agree - pretty scripted dialogue and ALL MSRP quotes,
but they missed their REAL stereotype opportunity by not making the woman 'driver in training' not a blonde with 'I don't get it' eyes because she SURE didn't get it !

before any of you get TOO politically correct, that comment came from my blondie
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #19
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Agree - pretty scripted dialogue and ALL MSRP quotes, but they missed their REAL stereotype opportunity by not making the woman 'driver in training' not a blonde with 'I don't get it' eyes because she SURE didn't get it ! before any of you get TOO politically correct, that comment came from my blondie
Blonde woman here and I couldn't agree more. I found that whole segment insulting. While I had no problem with the lady who was learning to drive the DP, my DH had lots of commentary about the husband in that segment and his condescending attitude. At one point DH said something along the lines of wishing the husband would wipe the smug look off his face.

One of the best drivers we have seen was this tiny woman a good 25 years my senior. She drove into the campground with no issues and backed her 45" DP into her site like it was nothing. Later speaking to her husband he said while they shared the driving she was always the one who did the parking at back in sites because she had such a knack for it!

Most of the two shows I enjoyed. The two guys looking at the Prevost were silly and no where near typical buyers. I found the tri-athletes interesting and wished their segment was longer and we could have seen another coach or two in their price range. The father and daughter looking for a pop-up or TT were also amusing to watch and the girls reaction about the toilet in the pop-up cracked me up.

The 500 under $400 couple were uh....interesting. The sales people appeared to be quoting MSRP so he probably a lot lower than the $600k MSRP. I have to imagine the people buying were aware of that and that the true purchase price was lower. I understood why the show had to do it this way since true sale price can vary widely depending on how you negotiate, shop and buy.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another New RV Television Program

Am I the only one that thinks the "500HP for $400k" guy should have spent the money on new teeth?

2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #21
I caught a couple episodes on the weekend. Just horrible.

Apparently people go to Lazy Days and happily pay full list, or close to it! LOL.

Last time I bought at Lazy Days, I got 30% off MSRP.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #22
Not sure the lady learning to drive was all that far fetched. Dad can't get my stepmom to drive the F350 let alone tow the 5er. A few years ago he ended up in the hospital in Vegas while she and the rig were in Pahrump NV. Thought I was going to have to fly down and drive the rig here to Oregon. They finally got his issue resolved and he ended up taking a taxi back to Pahrump. :O

The 500HP for $400K folks were definitely different. While DW generally gets what she wants too, she's not quite that blatant about it.
2012 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually
2010 R-Vision Trail Cruiser 23QBC
2001 Catalina Capri 22 sailboat "Verboten"
sinnettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #23
Actually, I kind of liked the segment in the wood shop and new cabinets and TVs.
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 AM   #24
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Actually, I kind of liked the segment in the wood shop and new cabinets and TVs.
It was interesting how they did that. Sounds like a good idea for a small business if you ask me - lots of coaches out there could use this upgrade.

But I'm sure that those dudes hadn't moved that fast in YEARS! Cameras on them might have had something to do with it, I'm sure.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #25
Entegra Owners Club
You've gotta admit, episode 3 was pretty humorous.
I want to start working on pizza ovens!
2017 Dynamax Isata 5
2013 JKU toad
jdwky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I started receiving emails from lazy days about the show some weeks ago. Had the opportunity to run across lazy days doing a remote sale at the national motocross championship at loretta lynne ranch in hurricane mills tn. Spoke to a salesman nicknamed "bama". Very pleasant guy and I wanted to get back over to the display and talk to him with the wife but time didn't allow. Didn't seem high pressure at all and Im in the car business. We will definitely get down their to look at some coaches when we have the time.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #27
DH & I have been watching the 1/2 hour commercials for Lazy Days. We aren't hitting the road south to go buy! (quite happy w/ our purchase from MHSRV in TX) But, we have enjoyed the shows. The father/dtr that bought the tt - her face when Dad said he was going to bunk in with her was a hoot! The driving lesson - did the DW not get any instruction on parking the rig in a site?! And the DH should've been put off the rig. My DH is the main driver, but I know how to handle our rig - it's important to me to know how to drive the rv & be comfortable with 37' of our home on wheels.
We'll keep watching - it looks like they're going to show more on mods - which we are interested in - but doing ourselves!
Traveling with DH, our 3 cats, Katrina, Pas & Missi
2014 Georgetown 378
the toad, 2014 Jeep Patriot
3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Watched it (twice) not much there for me

I guess the show is from the bigger and more ornate the better group of producers. It would be nice to have an updated version of RV Today rather than the RV's of the Rich and Famous. Nice rigs but nothing that I would want or afford. I vote for back to the basics that the RV world is all about.

michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote