Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 AM   #15

Rain X washer fluid. It costs more but I use a lot less of it and use the wipers way less.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Rain X for sure. I have used it for years in all the cars. It also coats the windshield like the regular formula Rain X so the wipers are not needed in the rain as often. It also offers the same freeze protection as the blue stuff.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #17

I second the Rain-X brand washer solution. Only I clean the windshield with 0000 steel wool, followed by a generous application of regular Rain-X.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #18

Any Good Windshield Washer Fluid Recipes?

i use ReJex on my windshield (apply to the front cap and windshield every three months) and the use dawn and water in my windshield wiper fluid. But to be honest I rarely spray the fluid. At stops, i just wipe the windshield and front cap off with a dryer sheet and the bugs (and juice) come right off.

ReJex also sheds water so much that I rarely even use the windshield wipers. It's got to be really coming down for me to try to find that switch.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #19

This is a bit of topic But after living in Florida for 15 years, we had to travel up North (Syracuse, NY) during the winter . Once we got to PA our windshield washer fluid froze. We never new that the fluid sold in Florida was only good for above 32 degrees. So if you buy fluid down south be aware of this issue and swap out to a more friendly fluid good to below freezing.

We never got them working again until we were in North Carolina on the way back to Florida. Lesson learned. I would assume same would go for our RV although I hope to never have to take the beast up north in the winter. But never say never.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
i use ReJex on my windshield (apply to the front cap and windshield every three months) and the use dawn and water in my windshield wiper fluid. But to be honest I rarely spray the fluid. At stops, i just wipe the windshield and front cap off with a dryer sheet and the bugs (and juice) come right off.

ReJex also sheds water so much that I rarely even use the windshield wipers. It's got to be really coming down for me to try to find that switch.
Same here. I use Rejex on just about everything. It also works great in the fiberglass shower enclosures.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rejex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Same here. I use Rejex on just about everything. It also works great in the fiberglass shower enclosures.
Rejex works so well if applied correctly you don't or rarely use the wiper blades. Traveled eight hours evacuating an impeding tropical storm via I 75! Works!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:50 AM   #22

I third (or fourth) the RainX fluid. It increases the life of your wipers by reducing friction between the blades and the glass, and it also makes cleaning the bugs off easier.

Great stuff.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I fill my reservoir then add a squirt or two of Dawn. Don't know if that removes car polish or not. You're not using that much and it isn't on there that long.
I know it removes wax, not sure on polish.
(Maguire's told me to use it to remove the wax from the RV)
Old 05-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #24

yep

Rain X the best I have found .....Bushman
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Yep, been using rain-x since they started making it. Well worth the extra few pennies.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
RainX sells windshield washer fluid does a great job of removing bugs. It is good to -20 degrees and also provides RainX coating. Unless it is poring down rain I do not even use wipers. Great product.

Dennis
Old 05-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Rejex works so well if applied correctly you don't or rarely use the wiper blades. Traveled eight hours evacuating an impeding tropical storm via I 75! Works!

Clay, I've used Rejex for years but never tried it on the windshield. I've been using RainX there. Do you think the Rejex is better?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Clay, I've used Rejex for years but never tried it on the windshield. I've been using RainX there. Do you think the Rejex is better?

Not Clay but the simple answer is yes.

I used RainX before I heard about putting Rejex on the windshield and I think it performs better. Before full-timing we lived in Washington and would travel the coast and Oregon on a regular basis. It was very rare for me to even turn on my wipers, so rare in fact that the one time I needed them I had to look for where the switch was. I put mine on the windshield (and front cap) every three months. It might be overkill but it's my schedule and it works for me and my schedule.

A few years ago I was Rejexing the windshield and putting RainX in the WW fluid container (belt and suspender type of thing) until a really nasty trip through some thick bugs. I noticed a coach that had an almost clean windshield where his wipers were but covered in bugs outside of them. The owner said that he Rejexed the windshield but to get the bugs off easily he would fill his WW fluid container with plain water and a couple squirts of Dawn a squirt or two of Dawn. I tried that and the combination makes the bugs wipe right off, albeit if you use a lot of the Dawn fluid you may need to reapply the Rejex afterwards. As others have said Dawn can take some waxes off but I don't worry about that since there is minimal overspray with my wipers. BTW I rarely use the dawn in the container. Usually I like to stop and take a break and will wipe the bugs off with a dryer sheet, it's a good way to stretch the legs but on those occasions when they are thick and you have to go, go, go, it works very well.

Please don't get me wrong, Rejex is not a miracle product, If rainX is an 8 I would give Rejex a 9.5, but if you already use it I would give it a try.

Whoops sorry, you asked what time it is and I told you how to build a watch.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid