Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #1

Any members in Myrtle Beach area?

Planning a family trip to Myrtle Beach end of June. I was wondering if there is anywhere I can drive on the beach. I thought it would fun to take some pics of my truck with ocean back ground. Also the place we are staying has all kinds of things to do but Is there any local places to see away from the tourist trap crap? Some where we can get groceries and stuff cheaper than right on the beach.

Most important of all where are the places to stay away from?

jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #2

You are going to the most expensive place on the east coast. You'll have crowds and motorcycle noise that will shatter your nerves.

If you want something less expensive and more friendly, choose another place. I know because I live just a few miles south of Myrtle Beach. It's the last place I would select.

No! You can't drive on the beach! The taxes are the highest in SC as well as the prices!

But Good Luck!
Wil

wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #3

No no and no driving on the beach. There are several walmarts I'm sure one will be close to your camping site. Go to murrels inlet and do the marsh walk, prossers resturants has goods food while you are there.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #4

Not bringing the 5th wheel. We are going to stop and visit family friends along the way in Ohio Kentucky and North Carolina. Got a room at Hotel Blue on the beach pretty reasonable I thought. When my girls were little I promised to take them to the beach someday. The oldest is graduating next year so its about time I make good on my promise. This is one of those trips that is a one time only kinda deal not an annual thing.
Crowds dont really bother me too much. I live and work on a farm. I don't get out much. I like to sit in one place with a drink and people watch.
I always bring a big cooler maybe it woud be best to get groceries before we get there.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
A little south of Myrtle Beach proper after 17 and business 17 merge back together there is a place called Hunnington Beach State park. As you go in you cross a causeway that has alligators laying all over the place. When you get down to the beach it has no buildings just beach. Early in the morning and sometimes when the tide is coming in you use to be able to pick up sand dollars. I haven't visited the park in 5 or 6 years so I'm not sure if you can still find them.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #6

That sounds like fun. Thanks for the info. We just added that to our plans. Looks like a quiet place.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #7

Does it cost anything to get into Hunnington Beach State park? I suppose I would have to buy a day pass?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #8

Thumbs up

We are coming the third week of June with a under 12 year old baseball team from Texas for a tournament. They booked a condo, we are at MB state park campground with our 5er. I will be following this listing for info.
THANKS
Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
We do Myrtle Beach at least twice a year and stay in the State Park. Great beach for swimming and the pier is great for fishing. lots of shade at the campsites

Used to live in Surfside Beach and the traffic is hectic on the weekends as there are a lot of visitors that do not know where they are going and a lot of billboard gawkers as well a the MC's but you will enjoy your time at the beach.

if you go to Springmaid Pier and they are cleaning fish you will see sharks!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in Texas View Post
We are coming the third week of June with a under 12 year old baseball team from Texas for a tournament. They booked a condo, we are at MB state park campground with our 5er. I will be following this listing for info.
THANKS
We are there the same week just 3 miles north. Small world.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #11

I thought i would renew this thread since we will be there next week. Not camping though got a room.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #12

If you want to drive on the beach you'll need to come on up to NC. 4x4's are allowed on the North end of Carolina Beach. It's called Freeman Park and I think a day pass is $20. There are also a few campgrounds in the CB area.

If someone wants to camp in MB, I like the KOA. I hear Willow Tree in Loris is really nice but I've not been there yet.

bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myrtle beach