Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #1

Does anyone have experience with the "Sewer Solution" pump system? It uses a water jet powered by garden hose to pump the sewage through a 3/4" hose-- thus eliminating the 3" sewer hose and its problems... It ends up flushing the black tank and cleaning the line with water. There is just a small clean hose coil to travel with instead of the bulky 3" system. It sounds like a good thing--just wondering if it lives up to the advertising! Your comments will be appreciated!
Thanks

Workhorse P32, Steer-Safe, Henderson Super Steer Trac Bar
Lynn Bryngelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #2

Does anyone have experience with the "Sewer Solution" pump system? It uses a water jet powered by garden hose to pump the sewage through a 3/4" hose-- thus eliminating the 3" sewer hose and its problems... It ends up flushing the black tank and cleaning the line with water. There is just a small clean hose coil to travel with instead of the bulky 3" system. It sounds like a good thing--just wondering if it lives up to the advertising! Your comments will be appreciated!
Thanks

Old 02-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #3

Lynn,

Do a search of the topics and you'll find some really good answers and replies.

I've had one for 2 years and would not be without it. It makes dumping the waste easier and certainly much cleaner.

Along with this system, get your self a couple brass "Y" shut off valves and a piece of 3/4" heavyduty garden hose about 15 ft long. One valve will be used at the water supply, to supply water to your incoming and the other to your waste water compartment and the other inside the waste water compartment to supply water for the sewer solution and the tank flush. When this system is connected smartly, it works great.

Tomcat F15
Old 02-02-2005, 07:30 PM   #4

Hello Lynn,

The Sewer Solution is mentioned with some good information in another THREAD THAT IS STILL CURRENT.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 AM   #5

I looked at them and then decided on a portable macerator pump system. It twists right on to your waste outlet and uses 12v for power. They are more expensive but it is the best thing I have added to my mh (and I've added a lot of toys) . One of the reasons I went with this system is that I can pump into my septic system at home if need be up to 100 ft. You can get them at CW or here.

http://www.emptythetanks.com/order_online.htm
Old 02-03-2005, 06:14 AM   #6

Had ours for over 2 years, absolutly the best buy I ever made ..... it is now fun to watch others hook up their old 3" leaky sewer hoses and even watch as they try to empty them .... yukkk ! If and when we buy a new rig I may, may, get a macerator pump instead of the sewer solution. But then again, I like the SS a lot

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #7

I used one for about a year with my travel trl. Worked really good, I liked that I could force some water back up into the black tank for a cleaning rinse after dumping. I no longer use it now that I have bought a 5th and have a sprayer attached to my black tank that sprays the inside, so I am back to the old system using a 'Flush King'. I would recommend it for a TTrl though.

Destrehan, Louisiana
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #8

Thanks to all of you for the comments and information. I also looked at the thread you suggested and it certainly seems that the majority like the "Sewer Solution". I probably will go with it, but must admit that a macerator pump system also sounds like a good bet. .....however the "Sewer Solution" is a little more afordable!
Thanks again!