Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #15

i like the op who went from boat to motorhome. Reminds me when we belonged to a yacht club. Us old foggies had a sayin about lifes retired 3 stages. they are motor boat, motor home, old folks home.

tomusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #16

We don't expect to get our new coach until mid to late March, but we are in the process of planning our trips for the year.

We are retirees in training too, so this year will be learning the ropes in preparation for longer ventures in the not too distant future.

Putting together the lists of things we think we need and have ordered a few things already including the Progressive power protection unit. I never thought the sewer hose was a big deal, but obviously a lot of choices, leaning to the Polychute..... Also have printed out key pages from the owners manual on line, and making a reference binder for all the systems so we have what we think are the important things in an easy to reference book. Making up set up / break down check lists too.

Finding a storage site is next on the list. We found a very nice indoor facility close by, expensive, but maybe worth it. Insurance is on the list too.

We will spend a night or 2 on the dealer's site, which is all of about 10 minutes from home. Then, we'll head to a nice RV resort about 2 hours away for a few days, but won't take the toad on this first trip.

Next trip looks to be to the south side of the Smokies for a few days or so, and debating on going to Asheville, NC for a couple days from there. This will be about 200 miles from home.

Then we'll go to the beach in FL for a week, pushing a little further from home.

Looking to do a 2 week trip later, then maybe one more trip to end the year.

We have also found a few nice places that are less than 2 hours away, that we plan to do a few long weekends.

Oh, and to ease the waiting pain, we plan to go to Tiffin, and hopefully catch the beginning of our coach being built.

And we just got our new Jeep toad 2 weeks ago, so I guess we "put the cart before the horse", or in this case, "put the toad before the coach"

So no, we aren't anxious

Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful rig Mike Brez and thanks to everyone on the advice! Sounds like my hubs will be going out to get a few more things like the converters and surge protectors! Sure wish we could have got away this holiday for a long weekend to somewhere because this cloudy, overcast, damp, cold weather is goving me a nasty case of the blues and a constant itchy need to go go go in our new to us coach! Lol.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #18

Great Thread

This is awesome ..... so fun to read about everyone's experience in planning their RV adventures.
We too are newbies in training ..... we just dove in ... selling everything ... getting a bus ... packing what we thought we needed ... and beginning our new lifestyle ....
Come the end of March .... we'll begin our what will be the annual tour ... from AZ to CO, WI, CA and back .... with lots of stops along the way.
Right now the weather has been so cold in AZ, not to mention our wanting to pull the slides and roll .... not really any place to go ..... other then run up to see Grandma 40 miles away to have tea ..... yeah .. in the bus ... first run since we moved in ..... and a pretty good test of my lovely bride's packing .... and yeah ... she has done really well ...

Enjoy everyone .... what a great way to enjoy life .....
hope to catch up with y'll on the road !!!!

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #19

Just got ours a 2015 Tiffin Allegro 36la. We had to equip everything. Not including a tow bar and accessories. Just bring the check book. We wanted to mirror our our home with the same life style. Good luck. Ben
Old 01-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
LOVE everyone's enthusiasm and excitement and hearing about your rigs, plans and dreams! Admire those of you who have hit the road FT and feel the kinship to those of you like us trying to steal as many weekends and vacations as we can on the road! Had a friend stop by today and offered to buy our coach! Lol we sent him off in search of his own with visions of Florida in his head!!! Warn your friends and family! It appears to be contagious!!! bwahahaha
Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With the sticks and bricks on the market and planning a trip to south Texas once it's sold, I've been bringing the RV up to the house from the storage lot every couple of weeks to do systems checks. A wipe down as needed, level the unit, run the generator on load, fire up the heater and boot up the satellite system. Week before last, took it up to top off the tank and add some fuel stabilizer.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
So we covered useful necessities we have all purchased. Anyone else out there want a run for the money on the "craziest" or "silliest" purchase prompted by your uncontrollable excitement??? I a BIG Christmas person and put up a 12ft tree in my sticks and bricks home so ornaments are "special" to me and I buy a new one every year. Yep, you guessed it! This year's ornament is a Bonner glass motor home!!!! ��. Anybody else went a little overboard on the crazy side? Lol
Old 01-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomusaf View Post
Trip planned 15 jan down to peace river campground near Tampa. Thousand trails membership.
I have a little advice on site selection at the Peace River TT campground. My wife and I just yesterday returned home after 4 nights there. We had a nice site on the river, but unfortunately a few hours after getting there we lost electricity in the RV. It happened 6 or 7 times in the next few hours. It got so bad that I just flipped the breaker off, on the park pedestal. My Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C kept shutting off the power to the MH, because it was dropping below 104V. At one point it had a reading of 97V.
The next morning I talked to a neighbor, who said he was having the same problem, and was told by a park employee the problem must be with his MH.
I went to the office and talked to one of their maintenance guys, who told me that all the sites along the river and along the river side of the road heading towards the office had problems.
I moved to another site site off that line and never had another problem. Plenty of those sites were occupied, so I assume those people didn't know, or just didn't care that there is a problem .
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Might be an idea to throw a review about that CG to rvparkreviews.com......
Old 01-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Might be an idea to throw a review about that CG to rvparkreviews.com......
I actually had never thought of that, as I've never written a review on any of the parks that I have visited.
I did go to rvparkreviews after reading your suggestion, and it looks like the electrical problems have been going on for years at that park.
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #26

No trips for us until this fall to leaf peep. We're doing some work on the front porch (enclosing it) and want to catch up on a few other things we've let go these past few years. We can't put things off forever. Here in TN it's not worth going camping in the summer because of the heat. We're stuck inside the RV with the A/C so we'll wait until late Sept. then head out.... the end of Nov we'll pack up and head for FL.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
We got a "new to us" 2010 36ft Phaeton in Jan. first thing we did was the shakedown trip back in early March. Then it was dishes, couple throw rugs, just put a new set of glasses in it today. We have already taken it on one 2 week trip to NC compliments of Hubby's work. (they paid all expenses) Even though it was work it was relaxing in the evening. We have now planned all his vacation days in small long weekend trips from Memorial wknd KY (4 days), June to Iowa (6 days), August to WI (6 days), Sept to KY (5 days) then Nov again KY (5 days). Then the end of Dec. it is official "independently unemployed" time (retired) and we head south to the gulf shores and on to AZ for the winter. Can't wait.

chiavet is offline   Reply With Quote