Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #15

I filled our new E-350 wagon with the v-10 last night at a Shell station for $2.10 per gal. The range was $2.09 to $2.34 per gal.

Diesel is around 10 to thirty cents per gal. higher.

Good luck.

Frank
Frank P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #16

Just today, I heard that"our government" issued a report on the amount of crude oil they have in reserve. Can't remember the number, but do remember the newsman saying that it was more than any other time in history.
I feel that they could let loose of some of that, and force the price down.
I guess it depends on what business the politicians are in.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:43 PM   #17

Blame the oil companies for not building more refineries, the commodity arbitragers for being greedy, the Arabs for not drilling more wells, the politicians thinking about re-election rather than their constituants , Wall Street for wanting to make more profit, and the Chinese for having the audacity to rapidly increase their oil consumption. There is also the fear factor premium -fear of terrorist attack on major oil producers/refineries. This all adds up to higher prices. What can be done? Ask the Arabs to drill more wells, the Chinese to decrease their oil consumption, and the terrorists to stop . FAT CHANCE !
wazone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #18

Location: Pasadena, MD, USA (between Baltimore and Annapolis)
Based upon the price of diesel fuel today, my next snowbird adventure will cost me $970 more than last year. When will it end?

Jack

Jack Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #19

.FYI .....Canada has more oil that the Arabs have...BTW....geofkaye
Old 04-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #20

As workampers we are about to leave for this Summers job. 1600 miles one way, would never agreed to travel that far if in January I had any ideal of the cost of fuel.
liz & ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
The only thing I can do about the price of gas is adjust to it, I guess. So, I am staying much closer to home this year than I have in the past. The furthest we are going this year is about half the distance of our shortest trip last year. We are still planning to go and still planning to have fun!
Old 04-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #22

Location: Pasadena, MD, USA (between Baltimore and Annapolis)
Can you believe it, diesel just went down $0.04in Ehrenberg, AZ !! A sign of times to come??

Jack

Jack Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Here is a little story..."This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody,and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would'nt do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done." Author unknown.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
We are still working stiffs, and we bought our coach to see the country and enjoy life more. No more cruises or trips that we can't go by MH. When we purchased it we made a pact to use it twice a month. Now we don't like spending more money to fill the coach up, but every $200 dollars gives us 800 miles of enjoyment.

Our trip to visit our daughter this summer will cost us between $300 ($2.50/gal) to $500 ($3.00/gal) more. Will we think about staying home? No!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:25 AM   #25

Will I still buy gas at the prices of today,the answer is yes. I won't buy as much cause I set aside so much for camping and so much for gas. I will keep traveling but at a slower pace.
Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #26

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Well, normally by this time of year I would have already made at least three camping trips. To date ONE. By now we would already have at least four more planned for the summer, and a few spontaneous ones thrown in there. To date, ONE planned, and no plans for anymore unless fuel prices drop. The fuel price increase for commuting to and from work alone has all but erroded our camping budget, and if this is the way it is going to stay, we will probably giving up the whole RV'ing thing completely. For some of us, this has already become a huge deal.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:45 AM   #27

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I read today in the newspaper that tax on fuel is going up 2 to 3 cents in June. You would think with it being as high as it is the state could give you a little break, but I guess they need the money as they have to buy fuel also.
Tom in North Carolina
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #28

Canada has alot of crude oil but it cost more to refine it than it cost to purchase from the middle east or from Venezuela.I think more advancement in the developement of blending ethanol into petroleum based feuls or canola oils into diesel will help us become less dependant on large oil companies.Since we have little control over production or supplies,less demand is the only solution to high market prices IMO.Regular unleaded 89cents per liter($can) in Winnipeg.

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Class A
fishncamp is offline   Reply With Quote