Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #1

Anybody Using 2013 RV Plan 'N' Go

I've been using the 2012 version of RV Trip Planner, formerly from Good Sam. Has anyone upgraded to this latest version and what is your impression of it?

OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Angry Poor, Bad,not worth the money

Ordered new Plan and Go downloaded it was very disappointed with into on campgrounds. Called to find out when these upgrades would post????. Could not get any answer . Apparently there is a dispute over the amount Plan and Go will pay RV Navigator for the data they have collected . Also tried to down fall trips from RV Navigator would not work. Returned to vendor after one week. I will use 2012 until I find another that is better not Plan and GO.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up. Coincidentally, I just did a new update today for 2012. A note said they would no longer do updates for it.
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Hate to diverge from the op point but if you are looking for a good rv trip planner take a look at rvtripwizard.com. it is a subscription service but at a reasonable cost. They are quick to add missing campgrounds and the routing seems to be very much in line with my Garmin Dezl. In your profile you can identify such things as camping memberships you have, hours a day you like to drive, etc.
As it uses Google maps as the basis of its functionality one of the things you can do is zoom in on the campground you are considering. Good way to make sure there is really a campground there and not a vacant lot! It also identified low bridges.

I am not associate with the vendor just a satisfied user.

Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
I've been using the 2012 version of RV Trip Planner, formerly from Good Sam. Has anyone upgraded to this latest version and what is your impression of it?
I got the 2013 RV plan-and-Go, but it isn't an upgrade tor the 2012 Good Sam program. It has nothing to do with Good Sam. Apparently Good Sam discontinued that program and this new one is directly from the software company that was doing it. The program is pretty good, but the park information in ist isn't anywhere near as good as the old one, I guess it's not the same as what is in the Good Sam book any more. I wasn't sure if I'd keep it, but the company said they will be updating the info, so I kept it. anyway, there are long discussions about it on their forums, if you are interested, http://www.undertowsoftware.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=16
Old 08-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary james View Post
Ordered new Plan and Go downloaded it was very disappointed with into on campgrounds. Called to find out when these upgrades would post????. Could not get any answer . Apparently there is a dispute over the amount Plan and Go will pay RV Navigator for the data they have collected . Also tried to down fall trips from RV Navigator would not work. Returned to vendor after one week. I will use 2012 until I find another that is better not Plan and GO.
I called them, too, but didn't hear anything about the money dispute. I was able to use all my trips from the the old RV navigator, but like you I am very disappointed wth the campground info in it :-( If you find a good/better planning tool, I'd be interested, too, so please make sure to post the info here.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I called them as well. None of the links to the campground web sites work.
They said they'll have an update soon. This software worked great when it was sold as Trailer life campground navigator. We'll see...I don't much hope of getting my 30 bucks back if they don't come to an arrangement about the data.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Update

Just after I posted to this forum I got an email from Undertow saying that there is an update to RV plan N go available on their web site. Let's hope this resolves some issues.