Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #15
My wife has type ii diabetes, so I'm happier having a class-C. With a motorhome she is free to get up a pee when ever she wants.

- AD USAF Security Forces/Combat Arms (3P071B) - 19+ years of serving our great country and counting.
- 2009 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser Mini 4232
Kevin-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
Originally Posted by mdo View Post
Just when I thought we had narrowed our choices to a Class C, my wife says she wants to look a 18-22' travel trailers with a slide out. She wants new..... This would be something my 2010 F-150 could pull and save us about $30,000... We plan to use our RV at a nearby lake at least 6 times a year, NE Georgia camping and 1-2 GA to FL trips a year...1000 miles round trip...

I figure a new small travel trailer could be had for 12-16K vs. 52K for the new Winnebago 22' Class C...big savings! Here thinking is this would save us $$ and not have to have a toad..... My thinking is she could share the driving in a Class C but I doubt she would ever drive while towing......

Any one here trade from a Class C to a travel trailer and happy about it?
We worked our way from tents to popups, TT,5thwheel. When I retired we bought a 40 MH. We found this is a great way to travel but you do need a small car to tow. After many years and close to 80000 miles we went back to a 5th wheel.
We don't travel as much and this gives us some more room for staying longer. We have several areas that we are considering for a long term site. I still feel if you are going to be traveling a lot a motor home of your choice is the best way to go, that's just my opinion.

bill40 is offline   Reply With Quote

class c, travel, travel trailer