Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anyone going to The 2012 Quartsite RV show?

I'm considering going to the Quartsite, AZ show. It's Jan 21-29, 2012. I would really like to meet some of y'all and I understand lots of folks will be there.

The Monaco owner's group here has already identified a spot where they will gather. I wonder if someone on this forum might know something about getting a spot identified/reserved for the rest of us?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #2

The desert is plenty large around Quartzsite. You really are NOT going to need a reservation (even if one can be made). Usually, an organizer will simply arrive in a spot they like and take possession of as much space as they feel they will need.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm thinking about it, mostly to hit the accessory vendor displays. I'm only two hours away but I might reserve a room in Blight in case I need (read want) more than one day to wander around.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We will be there (in Q and at the show).
We spend the winter and stay at the Coyote Ridge RV park over in Bouse out of the congestion and noise. It's about 25 miles from Q.
That's close enough to go to Q for dinner or to look at all the stuff for sale by the flea market vendors.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I'll be there the last weekend of the show with our ham radio club at MM99
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #6

might be going..... I need to do some research re.... where the temporary free section is.... will we be to bored to stay more then a day or two...... Ive always been interested in checking out this Quartzsite dry camping phenomenon but do wonder if I would like it or simply move on after one night and say that Ive been there and done that....
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I don't think you can see everything in Q in one day. Sure, you can do the rv tent in a day but there are a lot of side vendors with all kinds of junk..... er, I mean merchandise to look at.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
might be going..... I need to do some research re.... where the temporary free section is.... will we be to bored to stay more then a day or two...... Ive always been interested in checking out this Quartzsite dry camping phenomenon but do wonder if I would like it or simply move on after one night and say that Ive been there and done that....
If you get bored at the Q in one, two, three days then you are not interested in RV stuff. There is so much to look at there that it can't possibly be seen in on or even two days. You would have to look for 10 hrs. a day. Personally I like to take my time and look at things. If you need or want anything for the RV, you can find it someplace at the Q.
Bill
Old 09-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're giving it some consideration, but have some concerns on length of boondocking stay. We've boondocked many times, but never longer than a long weekend of three nights. Had considered going out to Boulder Beach at Lake Mead, 30 mile trip, a few times just to get the feel of boondocking for a week or so at a time after the weather breaks.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #10

There will be a group of us from Big Bear again at the High Jolly Campground, at the rear.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #11

If you want hookups, Rice Ranch may have some open spots for drive-in, short-term visitors.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #12

Quote:
If you get bored at the Q in one, two, three days then you are not interested in RV stuff. There is so much to look at there that it can't possibly be seen in on or even two days. You would have to look for 10 hrs. a day. Personally I like to take my time and look at things. If you need or want anything for the RV, you can find it someplace at the Q.
Bill
If we go to the Q before the big Rv show, what is there to do?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Nothing. If you go during or after the show the answer is the same.
QZ has become less of a flea market and more of a tourist trap. The cost to the vendors to rent space in "the tent" or the surrounding vendor site is so high that there simply are no bargains to be found here any longer. The cost of all products here are usually higher than you would find at an RV show. The RV segment of the market is down so far that if you walk around "the tent" you will find that only about 1/2 the vendors have anything at all to do with RVing. It's now the RV "and Vacation" show. You can buy anything that "slices and dices", you can buy dips and sauces, sign up for a vacation to Cancun, get your shoes shined, get a foot massage or have your toxins expelled (you know, snake oil!) get a head massage wire thingy, make your skin look like it did when you were a teenager or buy one of 17 different kinds of microfiber cloth (all of which are the best).
Yuma has a similar market that runs the entire Winter season, has all of the same RV related products and is generally much cheaper that QZ. Yes, we will be there, but we will not be renting any space and we will be selling what we sell at the same prices we sell everywhere. What a unique concept!
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach

That made me laugh
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote