Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 06:55 AM   #113

Over the years I've had a number of these types of individuals laying on my stainless steel table. Unfortunately I've also had their innocent children, their wives, AND the innocent victims who were driving safely in other vehicles.

If some could see life and death through my eyes, then they would understand why I am so protective of all life. I've seen way more than my share of needless, senseless death.

Some people are beyond having the capability to understand, and all to often, it is the innocents that pay the ultimate price.

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Read the post I already told you "No I don't drive 45 as there is no reason to, and would most likely hinder traffic."

You ever read the "Tortoise and the Hare", you might want to.
if you care about hindering traffic and everyone is driving between 70 and 90, you stay off the interstate then? on the open road 65 often IS hindering traffic; who have we appointed arbiter of the "proper" speed for driving a motorhome; you're making so many erroneous assumptions that you're sounding a bit silly. Somw say 55 some say 62 some say 64-67, some say 70; who decides what's 'right'? Or...is it more dependent upon the conditions, driver skill and vehicle ability?
vailbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundertaker View Post
Over the years I've had a number of these types of individuals laying on my stainless steel table. Unfortunately I've also had their innocent children, their wives, AND the innocent victims who were driving safely in other vehicles.

If some could see life and death through my eyes, then they would understand why I am so protective of all life. I've seen way more than my share of needless, senseless death.

Some people are beyond having the capability to understand, and all to often, it is the innocents that pay the ultimate price.
I share all of your concerns and you're making many assumptions about me that are incorrect. Reckless/ drunk driving is a pet peeve of mine and I hate when innocent people are affected.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #116

How about speed rating of tires...?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #117

Can't be too much of a pet peeve. Reckless is driving an RV at 75+ mph, just sayin. No matter what Jedi skills you think you have.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailbass View Post
if you care about hindering traffic and everyone is driving between 70 and 90, you stay off the interstate then? on the open road 65 often IS hindering traffic; who have we appointed arbiter of the "proper" speed for driving a motorhome; you're making so many erroneous assumptions that you're sounding a bit silly. Somw say 55 some say 62 some say 64-67, some say 70; who decides what's 'right'? Or...is it more dependent upon the conditions, driver skill and vehicle ability?

Yeah, you're right I'm the one being silly here, and all the rest of us too....hmmm maybe you just can't accept the obvious or common sense...be safe and have fun RV'ing however you chose to do it.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
How about speed rating of tires...?
N rating 87 mph
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Can't be too much of a pet peeve. Reckless is driving an RV at 75+ mph, just sayin. No matter what Jedi skills you think you have.
Says you, what are the conditions, vehicle and driver ? You've all been brainwashed by others and lack independent/ critical thinking. So dumb, bye
Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #121

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailbass View Post
For some their speed is determined by power band for their rig, or optimum fuel mileage speed.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote