Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #1

Anyone own a Cricket or Kangacruz mini golf cart?

If you have one, did you cross shop them? What made you choose one over the other?

Are you happy with the one you have? Have you had any issues with it? Would you buy it again?

I'm in the market for one or the other, but don't know which is better. I like the looks of the Kangacruz as well as the suspension and larger tires, but there is shocking little info on these units that I can find. I'm also a little concerned that there are no US dealers. If they are generally reliable and parts are readily available, that may not be an issue.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 08:11 PM   #2

Best of my knowledge there is only one post concerning Cricket problems on irv2.com. You will locate it by using the Google search box at the top of the page.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Best of my knowledge there is only one post concerning Cricket problems on irv2.com. You will locate it by using the Google search box at the top of the page.
Unfortunately, it appears the last thread asking to compare the two was in 2015. Even then, there wasn’t much information.
Dgreen1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #4

This is the one I had in mind: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/crick...ir-433192.html
And: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/an-ov...rt-373303.html
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #5

Thanks for the links. I hadn't seen the one regarding repairs needed, but I had watched the other video. The guy in the video originally wanted a Kangacruz but didn't get a chance to test one when he was ready to buy.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:13 AM   #6
WDW

I correspond with the Kangacruz people and was turned off by the conversation. I’ve seen one, the owner liked it and it appeared to be what I might like to own. As I understand it, they are made in China and modified in Canada and shipped to you. There was a substantial backlog on delivery and price / shipping had little wiggle room. Good luck! But I gave up on it.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I own a Cricket Golf cart for 2.5 years and we do like it. I have had zero problems and have talked to about a dozen other owners and only one of them had a mechanical problem and it and was a week of buying it. It fits in the back of Jeep Wrangler 4 door and also fit in 2013 CRV. Ony caution I can give it I won't put 4 adults on the cart, we normally just put me and my wife cart.
CWSWine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:27 PM   #8

I went to a dealer today and checked out the Cricket golf carts. The dealer had a large assortment of SX3's as well as the RX5 which is somewhat new to Cricket.

Here is the odd thing....the Cricket RX5 looks exactly like the discontinued Kangacruz Aspire. I found photos of the discontinued Aspire on Kangacruz's facebook page.

The Crickets were cool. My wife and I preferred the RX5 as it seemed a bit more solid. I'm guessing that comes from the more solid removable floor construction as well as the front suspension. That said, the headlights on the RX5 were terrible when compared to the SX3.

Does anyone have an Aspire SS? I'm curious if the frame flexes the way the Cricket's do. I'm also curious how the headlights are on the Kangacruz's. The front end of the Aspire models look exactly the same as the Cricket RX5's.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:09 AM   #9

A member of our RV club has a Cricket and likes it. His priority was it's ability to fit in the back of his Ford edge.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Cricket RX 5

Do you still own the Cricket? How has it worked for you? We are seriously considering one (mostly because it will fit in our CR-V TOAD. Any input would be most greatly appreciated.
wevchozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #11

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
subscribed as we also looked at them last year as they would fit in rear of our Equinox toad. Sat on one at local dealer but we couldn't actually drive one which made us slightly suspicious and we have not had an opportunity to see others. We did talk to a couple last year in a campground and they had not had any trouble with theirs but they had only had it a few months. Surprisingly little reviews or info available on them.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #12

I have been watching Kangacruz for a while and finally pulled the plug. I am expecting delivery of the 48 volt version at the end of June. Both are made in China and marketed in N. America. I Have had a few conversations with Ray and he was great to talk to, transparent, and responsive. Our main reason for moving forward with it was we need a smaller cart on the back of our truck when towing the TT. This one allows us to stay in payload range and close our tailgate. Will post more after it arrives!
moynihan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Have had our SX3 Cricket about year now and we love it! We chose it because of it's ability to fit in the back of our Ford edge. We got ours with the removable Resort Vinyl top, Side Seat safety bars and rearview mirror.
We have had zero problems with ours. Ours is the 36 volt version.
The older Crickets were 24 volt. Not sure when they changed.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #14

Well it arrived today. Uncrated and put together in 30 min. So, far it seems to be great build quality and does 13mph with my whole family on it despite the rated 9MPH. The headlights are sufficient at night. We just drove around the neighborhood, but we make our maiden voyage tomorrow. So far we are very happy and glad we went with this instead of a cricket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	610CE5CA-9E40-40F6-BB3B-7672481A2804.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	251967   Click image for larger version

Name:	C162D260-5CB1-4970-AADD-02283AA6AD2D.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	251968  

moynihan1129 is offline   Reply With Quote