Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynihan1129 View Post
You can get a Kangacruz Aspire Shipped to your door for less than that. They are better quality and slightly wider though they are all made in China. Ran into someone this weekend with a Cricket that "wished" they knew about them. I have the 48 volt version. https://www.kangacruz.com/aspire-rs.htm
Kangacruz are nice but I want a cart to place in bed of my truck with tailgate closed. (58 inches) 2008 Honda Ridgeline
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #30

sx3

just bought a cricket sx3 used. Been researching a lot and there is not a lot of info out there on them. Initially I wanted the kangacruz and if I could have found and actually checked one out I might have gone that way. These mini carts do not seem to be all that common here in Pa.
Thought I"d find a cricket sooner and I liked the new Rx5 with front suspension and was thinking I'd have to drive 4 hrs to Virginia ,nearest dealer to check one out. But today we found a good deal on a 2016 sx3 locally so , bought it.
It is surprisingly quick, seems plenty powerful and fits in the 6.5' pickup bed with ease. It is so light as to hardly be noticed. Seems a good fit for our application, transport at campgrounds. I drove it down to the creek behind the house and it pulled me right up the rather long steep hill effortlessly. I have never been to a campground with that kind of grade so I expect it will perform just fine in camp ground carrying my wife and I. It does "flex" some. However the flex seems to act somewhat like an articulating front end ,not all bad. Probably wasn't designed with that in mind but it seems that's how it works. Taking it on the first camping trip this weekend. should be fun,Beats walking!
nanonewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanonewb View Post
just bought a cricket sx3 used. Been researching a lot and there is not a lot of info out there on them. Initially I wanted the kangacruz and if I could have found and actually checked one out I might have gone that way. These mini carts do not seem to be all that common here in Pa.
Thought I"d find a cricket sooner and I liked the new Rx5 with front suspension and was thinking I'd have to drive 4 hrs to Virginia ,nearest dealer to check one out. But today we found a good deal on a 2016 sx3 locally so , bought it.
It is surprisingly quick, seems plenty powerful and fits in the 6.5' pickup bed with ease. It is so light as to hardly be noticed. Seems a good fit for our application, transport at campgrounds. I drove it down to the creek behind the house and it pulled me right up the rather long steep hill effortlessly. I have never been to a campground with that kind of grade so I expect it will perform just fine in camp ground carrying my wife and I. It does "flex" some. However the flex seems to act somewhat like an articulating front end ,not all bad. Probably wasn't designed with that in mind but it seems that's how it works. Taking it on the first camping trip this weekend. should be fun,Beats walking!
We bought the Cricket because it fits in back of our CRV. Use it all the time at home for running around area. The rear folds down like a small pick up for hauling stuff to rv.[emoji7]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:59 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
We love our Cricket. It is better than we had thought. Fits in the Edge or the Silverado with the 6.5 bed and is easy to load.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanonewb View Post
How did it do in its first camping trip.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #34

Thumbs up first real use

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
How did it do in its first camping trip.
just got home from labor day camping trip. Took the cricket. Sweet! is all I can say!. Loading it ,easy one person job. I have 2 ramps with just ramp tops on 2x8 x8' long. I set ramps, strap to truck hitch. Don't forget to do that!! drive it to bottom of ramps step off stand next to it press go pedal gently and it walks right up into the truck bed. Nice easy and pretty safe.
Campground we were at ,like many was top and side of a pretty big hill. That little cart hauled us all over that park up and down the hills multiple times with impressive ease. It has great headlights and is quite the conversation starter. This thing is going on every camp trip from here forward. No other way to say it, wife got spoiled quick as did I. We really like this thing! I will soften the tire pressure for next use. Its not a full size EZ go cart but it is quite useful and capable of hauling a couple around about any campground I've ever encountered. Its fun too.
Lots of use on a charge. Used it fairly well but were not just cruising the place all weekend either.Its still running on the charge it had. I did not charge it while we were out. I am just so pleasantly surprised at its performance so far.
nanonewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #35

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the 2016? Someone wants to sell me a 2015 and I want to see if it's a good price.
baslert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:04 PM   #36

I keep looking on Craigslist for the cricket. Seems like when i do, it sells very quickly or is too far away from me.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynihan1129 View Post
You can get a Kangacruz Aspire Shipped to your door for less than that. They are better quality and slightly wider though they are all made in China. Ran into someone this weekend with a Cricket that "wished" they knew about them. I have the 48 volt version. https://www.kangacruz.com/aspire-rs.htm
I’m also caught between a Cricket or Kangacruz. Thinking of buying in about a month. How is your Kangacruz running? Do you know how fast it goes? How’s the company support if needed? There is very little out there about the Kangacruz. Thanks...
MysteryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:17 AM   #38

OK. Just bought a used 2015. I have to say, they are pretty cool. I haven't taken it camping yet. Just driven it around the neighborhood.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:56 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslert View Post
OK. Just bought a used 2015. I have to say, they are pretty cool. I haven't taken it camping yet. Just driven it around the neighborhood.
Is it the SW3 model?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
I was looking at a Kangacruz but the won't sell/ship to Louisiana for some reason. Looked at the Crickets in Loxley AL. During a trip over to Gulf State Park. We drove all 3. The SX3 is surprisingly peppy. We measured and it should fit in the back of my 2012 Jeep Liberty toad. The dealer was very helpful an answered all our questions. We will probably pick one up on our next trip over.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:14 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
Is it the SW3 model?

SX3 model.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #42

Here is a Cricket with a 1958 Corvette body on it.

https://es.letgo.com/es/i/cricket-go...3-8bedaa209b5c