Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-23-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
Anything You Won't Do When Camping?

I'm just curious if others have the same sort of "oddities" that I do while camping. For example:

I refuse to sit outside under the awning using my iPad or cell phone.

The new TT we just bought has an outdoor TV and my daughter wanted to sit outside and watch TV. For some reason it made me feel "dirty."

I also refuse to use bath houses because part of the reason I purchased a TT was to have a rolling restroom with me!

We're by no means roughing it. Just wondered if others have their own compulsive habits or peeves.

2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Cedar Creek 38FL
guy.lawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
We don't do campfires.

Al & Jan--Emilee and Sophia, the pugs.
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV with M & G Compressor
2013 Jeep Wrangler, M & G brake.
thirdwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
S'mores are over rated. No outside TV either. That I just don't understand ....

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2015 JAYCO 31FK

Western New York
Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #4
I will not run the ac unless it is raining and hot and i am trapped in the rv. If i want to be colder i will drive somewhere colder or stay at home in my ac.
I will not cook something inside on the gas stove that i can do over coals using an iron skillet and some creativity and time, I am not in a rush camping. I will not ever use a gas grill outside, I might as well cook inside on the stove.

I will not Judge others and how they camp. I will sail my own ship.

bonus, I will not feel like i have to wear pants just because the neighbors can see in my rv. I am in my home. do not look if ya do not want to see me naked. Be glad i put on pants to go outside.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
Definitely no outside T.V. (not inside either); no boom box or car radio blaring

Will not run the generator needlessly. We used a stove-top perculator, made toast in a fry pan, etc.

No lights left on outsside after quiet time.

Will not make the neighbor's site a short-cut
Full-timed for 16 Years
. . . Back in S&B Again
Traveled in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Diesel
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
Will not do s'mores either. Never understood the appeal of charred marshmallows.

Never use the bath-houses. Can't get that scene from Psycho out of my mind and anyway I always end up feeling like the shower floor is just gross. If there must be germs present I would prefer they be my own.

Never made popcorn in the RV.

Never used my microwave and had it removed.

Won't ever let my dog poop on or near someone else's site and if she is desperate and that happens, I always have a bag with me to clean it up.

Never go off with a bunch of others to outlet shop. If I wanted to shop I would stay in town. (But I will go to the local county fairs for local goods.)

Never pack up and leave later than 10 AM.
GA Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #7
We really don't do anything while camping we don't do here at home. While camping we do more cooking on the grill and take more walks in the morning and evening. That's about it.

I never understood those watching TV outside in the CGs but to each his/her own.
Retired. RVing with one husband and five cats.
1999 32' Fleetwood Southwind Class-A. Ford V10.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #8
It is interesting to read all of the 'do not's' as most of them go along with our way of thinking/camping. While we do some cooking inside, we have a small propane grill that works real good out side. Keeps the inside of the MH cleaner. While our Labs go every where with us, I also carry bags in my pockets to clean up after them. We do a lot of boon docking, therefore seldom have full hook ups. For saving water, we use 'wet wipes' for quick clean up and not taking a shower every day. Some places that we boon dock, have creeks, some what close so we can 'dunk' in them when we really need to get clean.
As 'jbrv' stated, do not look in side our MH as you may not enjoy what you might see!
2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #9
Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #10
I wont cook bacon inside, I cook it outside on my propane stove. I treat my coach like my other home and I don't sit outside and watch tv there either. I have outside fires at home and also a propane grill at home so I do the same while camping.
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep TJ Wrangler
530ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #11

We've had over-sized double showers in the last several homes, so the MH shower seems tiny. If a CG has a clean shower room (like the COE facilities) then me and my flip-flops take a shower in those.

Oddly, we don't watch TV; not even DVDs. DW likes to cook, so we live like at home and she makes what she wants. Bacon is the pre-cooked stuff that she microwaves, so no grease odor in the MH.
Rick and Sandy
2003 American Eagle, 46K miles
...from Sept 2015
bamaboy473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
[QUOTE=bamaboy473;2617969]We've had over-sized double showers in the last several homes, so the MH shower seems tiny. If a CG has a clean shower room (like the COE facilities) then me and my flip-flops take a shower in those.

Second that. A shower in the rv can not hold a candle to a shower in a clean campground with massive amounts of hot water and high water pressure.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
Tiffin Owners Club
We can't get the door open on the outside TV! Lol, ok by us. But some day a major ball game will be on and I will gladly kick all the guys outside.

We won't annoy neighbors with loud noises, like a TV anyway. People should be aware of close proximities.
Dances with wolves
Linda and Bob.
2015 Allegro33aa.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
The one thing I won't do..... is to never say never. We had several coaches over 35 years and none of them ever had an outside TV. I'm a gadget guy and it would have been easy to install one. Now that we're older, our daughters have RV's and we go camping with many kids and grandkids. Our new coach came with an outside 40" TV. Well.....movie night has become a hit. The kids set up their chairs and watch a movie of choice while the adults sit around the campfire and roast marshmallows and eat s'mores.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote