Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #15

I sent KT a note on shipping and or black Friday deals. We'll see.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:38 AM   #17

The OP should come back and report on this fantastic product. Maybe he found out that his warranty is void.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:52 AM   #18

With over 17,000 miles on my Powerstroke now, I am still using AR6200 in the truck and all gas engines I have. I just put it in the fuel storage cans. My generator, weed whacker and chain saw all suffered from sitting too long between runs. The Archoil got them running again. My 2002 Subaru idles rough and stumbles at tip in without it. Based on a government sponsored study of nanotechnology barons, I now use the AR9100 in my Powerstroke oil.
An 11000 towing trip netted 12.5 mpg with a 10k fifth wheel.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:02 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
These big diesels are just that, big, heavy, powerful and if used and maintained properly, nearly bullet proof. However, they can be sensitive to what we put in the fuel and/or oil. As air traffic controllers like to say, "use caution...."
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #20

This is the government sponsored study on boron nanotechnology I referred to:
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2...mir_2014_o.pdf
A lot of tecno-babble summed up to these additives reduce friction and wear. If you are concerned about something new, be advised that PC-11 oils will be available after 12/1/2016 and is expected to be phased in as an eventual replacement for CJ-4 oils.
http://pc-11explained.com/?utm_campa...%20motor%20oil
Old 11-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
This is the government sponsored study on boron nanotechnology I referred to:
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2...mir_2014_o.pdf
A lot of tecno-babble summed up to these additives reduce friction and wear. If you are concerned about something new, be advised that PC-11 oils will be available after 12/1/2016 and is expected to be phased in as an eventual replacement for CJ-4 oils.
PC-11 | PC-11 Explained
That is very impressive statistics. I'll watch to see it it becomes approved for my 99 Cummins ISC engine.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #22
IC2

I'm having some trouble visualizing this.

Just did some very rough arithmetic and using my '11 Ford long bed with a 6.7 diesel pickup. That pickup of mine has at least a 39 gallon tank (I ran out and put that much in it). Using 128 ounces/gallon x 39 gallons comes out to 4992 ounces or, according to Arch Oil, approximately one half ounce per tank full or in other terms, .0001% for 39 gallons. Not a lot of capability for increased miles per gallon in any shape or form

Their 'tech' sheets are nothing more then a sales brochure and any MSDS is not readily available - except if you contact them. For me to believe that this stuff really works, I would need some real world actual test results. The fuel mileage that I get with my truck varies - with up to 10% (NY State) biocrap, it's 18-19 mpg. If I cross the state line into Vermont, and no bio - 20-21. If I'm in Illinois/Midwest where it's in the 20% range, 13-15mpg and pulling the 5er it drops from 12 to 10+. That tells me that my 8360 pound (CAT scale) brick shaped truck is squeezing a lot of energy out of a gallon of 129,000 Btu's.

Of course, I'm getting up there and lots of 'improvements' have bypassed me so maybe, just possibly they have the latest 'Fish Carburetor' invention of the 21st century
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #23

Many additives are used in small amounts because they are concentrated instead of having a lot of fill material like laundry detergent. Remove the fill and you use a lot less.
I was skeptical as well, but based on positive results posted over several years and the small fee for a sample amount that treats 80 gallons, I tried it and noticed results immediately. And I got even better results using it with gas engines. As I said in an earlier post, it smoothed out the idle, eliminated the tip in stumble and improved fuel mileage by 2 mpg in my 2002 Subaru. And it only took 5 ml per tank to do that. The benefits to my PSD are not as dramatic, but measurable nonetheless. It helps that I have a long distance daily commute that is consistent enough to measure changes. Folks with varied driving would be hard put to notice 5% improvement in fuel mileage, but I felt an increase in low end response right after adding my first dose to my PSD.
I've been tempted to try it with my heating oil, but I am not sure how I would measure results.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
There was a product out several years ago that boasted the same results. It was called Slick 50. Before that there was STP. Just sayin!!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
There was a product out several years ago that boasted the same results. It was called Slick 50. Before that there was STP. Just sayin!!
Exactly! That's why I was skeptical, researched and tried it for myself. Or I could have just figured they are all snake oil and still had equipment not running well.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #26

I would like to revisit this because from the OP's antidotal information, this product works. I listen to other folks experiences because it is helpful to hear of other experiences on products that you may want to buy. As well, we will be doing long hauls soon and who doesn't want more power / better economy ?

I have been looking at such devices / oils since I first saw them advertised in my dad's Popular Mechanic mags he bought in the 50's .. all have been bogus. If this product actually worked and was cost effective, then any long haul company would be silly not to use the products...actually, it would be financially irresponsible. I was also curious if they had any third party independent testing over long distances done on their product because I couldn't find anything published and I am not half bad searching on the 'net.

So I contacted the company and they responded.

No large companies usuing their products. Individuals and a small fleet... and they would get back to me with some "some info" next week . That has been multi weeks ago.

None of this seems to reflect positively on this product. Too bad.

grassy
Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

So I contacted the company and they responded.

No large companies usuing their products. Individuals and a small fleet... and they would get back to me with some "some info" next week . That has been multi weeks ago.

None of this seems to reflect positively on this product. Too bad.

grassy
You could just try it yourself for the cost of shipping from PowerstrokeHelp.com. If you don't see results, you are only out $4.95. It seems as those in states (Texas and CA) with higher cetane requirements for diesel don't get as much from it as those of us in the 40 cetane states. And older gas engines seem to benefit more than newer engines. I've had good results and am sticking with it.
I've scoffed at all the snake oils of the past myself and just tried this out of curiosity after having ignored all additives until I got the Powerstroke. My pre-purchase research opened my eyes to how much lower US standards are for diesel fuel vs Europe. I've been running Opti-Lube since the first tank, but use it at the lowest dose now because I seem to get more from the AR6200.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:27 AM   #28

Actually, more for me I live in the great white north.

However, I still am intrigued (which is unusual) but I don't mind being proven wrong. I run a cat 3126b so i may just do that. We wikll be putting major miles on the beast withing a couple years and I really don't mind spending less money to go down the road.

Grassy

Tags
diesel, fuel, gas