Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2015, 06:45 AM   #29

When testing the AR6200, I was fortunate to have a commute that is both long and fairly fixed at 35 miles each way, early morning and early afternoon to avoid peak traffic which isn't bad anyway here in Vermont. Before I ordered the AR6200, I reset my MPG meter and recorded the mileage over a week or so. When I got the AR6200, I double dosed the first tank as suggested when I filled with diesel. I actually felt a stronger low end within 3 or 4 miles and saw a 1.5 mpg improvement in the first tank. I went to the normal dose of 5 ml per 13 gallons after that and the fuel mileage improvement was consistent at about a .9 mpg improvement. After that I just resumed normal driving. A farmer friend whose daily routine varied wildly from short trips to hauling cattle or hay to towing an RV trailer was never able to verify a benefit, nor has he been able to with Diesel Kleen or Opti-Lube because his driving has no consistency and he lives in a 50 cetane county in Texas.
A few friends tried AR6200 with fairly new gas trucks and couldn't tell much until they put it in an older collector car and they were really pleased with the results.
My 2002 Subaru 5-speed is a pain to drive without it due to off idle stumble and a rough idle. It is a different car with AR6200; smooth idle, no stumble and pulls hills in 5th gear that used to need a downshift to 4th. And it gets 2 more mpg.
My 15 year old 5000 watt generator that I use for power outage back up had gotten so I had to keep partial choke on for it to run smooth. I tried SeaFoam without much success, but after 30 minutes of running with AR6200, I could open the choke without a stumble. I now add it to all fuel storage containers as it is a fuel stabilizer and it ensures all my gas powered tools like tiller, snow blower, gas leaf blower all run smooth after long periods of sitting.
So even if you can't verify improvement with your diesel, it has other uses.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
I would like to revisit this because from the OP's antidotal information, this product works. I listen to other folks experiences because it is helpful to hear of other experiences on products that you may want to buy. As well, we will be doing long hauls soon and who doesn't want more power / better economy ?

I have been looking at such devices / oils since I first saw them advertised in my dad's Popular Mechanic mags he bought in the 50's .. all have been bogus. If this product actually worked and was cost effective, then any long haul company would be silly not to use the products...actually, it would be financially irresponsible. I was also curious if they had any third party independent testing over long distances done on their product because I couldn't find anything published and I am not half bad searching on the 'net.

So I contacted the company and they responded.

No large companies using their products. Individuals and a small fleet... and they would get back to me with some "some info" next week . That has been multi weeks ago.

None of this seems to reflect positively on this product. Too bad.

grassy
I just talked with their President and they don't remember talking with you, but will send you information if they can get your email. They are working on a number of additional videos with Jay Lenos folks that should be released soon. I use both the fuel and lubricant additives in my vehicles, motorcycles, generators and stored gasoline. For me it seems to work and at my age I need my toys to last. Take a look at the Powerstroke Info. at PowerstrokeHelp.com & Archoil Product Portal | Featuring Archoil Products That Every Powerstroke Owner Needs to Know About!. Or Powerstroke videos athttp://archoil.powerstrokehelp.com/archoil-challenge-videos/. If you have a Powerstroke you can try it for free, well $4.95 shipping.
Just sayin!

Old 11-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #31

Bruce,

They have my e-mail.

Unfortunately I put zero stock in celebrity endorsements... I am too old " I also have a technician who works at Jay Lenos garage who has experience with his 3208 CAT in his RV ".

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I have a Cat 3126b... as well, I live in Canada and apparently, we don't have diesels up here.... for no deal for us... so I wonder if support is US based as well ? This is doubly odd because they are apparently working with Cummins on regen issues on snow plow trucks. Canada and snow are kind of synonymous

The financial advantage is here..

Pls check my math here.

I presently get 12 mph. Cost of product is $110.00 + plus tax (15%) + $126.50
B/E is 3237K miles.

6 ml (forget start up) per 13 Canadian gallons means with a 473 ml bottle (16 oz) I can treat 946 gallons of fuel. 946 gallons will give me unough for 12.2K miles.

If this is all true, why the heck arn't all trucks tunning it ?
Old 11-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #32

Quote:

If this is all true, why the heck arn't all trucks tunning it ?
People don't always (don't usually) work in their own best interests, are ignorant of better ways, or put no stock in things like science or facts.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #33

100% money back guarantee, I'm not sure what its guaranteed to do. Hope it doesn't make my Cummins ill
Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #34

Having been a refinery lab manager here are a few tips.

Diesel fuel is a wet fuel and can support microbial life especially algae. Treatment for algae is recommended.

Diesel fuel may be made from low gravity crudes via cracking. This will have a dark color like root beer and a foul odor. It also has a low cetane which is boosted with cetane improvers at the refinery. Avoid if you can.

The best diesel is made from high gravity waxy crudes. It will be pale yellow in color and has a sweet diesel smell. It can also naturally have a cetane above 50, good stuff. Other than an algicide no other additive should be needed.

Keep in mind pour point. If #2 diesel you are probably alright but if you are concerned use a pour point depressant. If you buy diesel in Texas and are now in Northern Michigan in the winter leave your engine on and go south.

Bio diesels skip!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #35

Forest,

Did my time in a refinery as well but that was in '82, I think

I only know of the best diesel you are referring to..I suspect that is because of the the high quality crude we were refining.

Never heard of the algae...and does this stuff kill it ?

My sister was an oil engineer..I shall ask her..

grassy
Old 11-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #36

Bruce,

If the company actually has independent testing reports that are not antidotal in nature, I would appreciate you adding them to this thread... I am sure everyone would like to read them...

Grassy
Old 11-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #37

The most recent diesel fuel additive tests were in 2007 and I would love to see an updated test that includes the new players to the scene.
Here is what I found and none of these pertain to Archoil, but more to the poor quality of diesel fuel and what some additives can do for that.

Diesel Additives - study done by Diesel Place.. - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Fuel Additive Test - Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel - Diesel Power Magazine

TDIClub Forums - View Single Post - Newbies and Vets: Tips for better fuel economy!

http://fleetowner.com/site-files/fle...e%209-1-12.pdf

This one is sponsored by FPPF, a quality additive manufacturer, but is fairly generic.
http://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/ad...s-workpage.htm

And, this previously posted government sponsored study of advanced nanolubricants oil additives that tends to support Archoil AR9100 oil additive.
http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2...mir_2014_o.pdf
Old 11-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #38

Subscribed.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Forest,

Did my time in a refinery as well but that was in '82, I think

I only know of the best diesel you are referring to..I suspect that is because of the the high quality crude we were refining.

Never heard of the algae...and does this stuff kill it ?

My sister was an oil engineer..I shall ask her..

grassy

Any biocide will have an EPA registration number on the product. If it has an algicide it will have this registration. Algae are very very common in wet fuel products such as diesel and JP 5.

Pour point depressants and cetane improvers are common, often added by refineries. Grassy what city did you work in. Me - Bako!

Our refinery made the best diesel in Bako.

Low sulfur diesel has better solvency therefore there were issues with some elastomers used in older vehicles.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #40

I shot off a question to my sis today...no reply back.

I worked at the Imperial Oil refinery in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. It was recently shut down and turned into a terminal. Too bad really...

grassy

Imperoil refinery in Dart
Old 11-21-2015, 04:12 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Bruce,

If the company actually has independent testing reports that are not antidotal in nature, I would appreciate you adding them to this thread... I am sure everyone would like to read them...

Grassy
Grassy,
I don't have any reports that don't come up in searches. I was skeptical at fist and ran a number of searches myself, in fact I started using another product because one of the distributors attended a gold prospectors meeting I belong to. Turns out it was a rebranded Archoil product so I went to Archoil to save money. I used the gas additive in my F150 towing a 19' TT to Grand Junction CO and I saw an improvement from the prior trip of about 6% (about 2K miles each trip). I just posted this because I am now using the gas and oil additives in all my engines and wanted to share it with others. I am sure some of you are much smarter than I am, I am just a bean counter and for me it seems to work. It doesn't seem to save a lot of money but it is better than breakeven and if it makes the equipment last longer the numbers work for me.
Brucev
Old 11-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #42

I have no dog in this race but I was interested. Until now.

So I talked to my sister and brother in law yesterday. She is a chemical engineer and is ex oil company and wrote the standards for oil and chemical storage for Canada. He is a mechanical engineer..a car restorer..worked in alternate and renewable energy for years and was in charge of a lot of public vehicles for the government. He has also tried out many such products in these vehicles.

Basically, in round numbers I hope I have this right..…and we were talking diesels, that out of all energy..30 % goes out the exhaust in heat, 30 % go to the rad, 30% goes to power and 10% gets sucked up by friction. Some power is clawed back with the use of turbos. Today, with our quality lubricants, to achieve what we are talking about.. 1 MPH (or more) for a rig that gets 12 mph… he is extremely skeptical.

Antidotal is nice but not relevant. Where is the third party testing in an independent lab ? And by chance it actually did work, every major company in N/A would be using it..

Until this company shows some independent third party testing..and this is an easy thing to do..and I am not talking about Jay Leno's mechanic ...it is just another one of "those" products..sorry..

Tags
diesel, fuel, gas