Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #43

I have no dog in this either, but there are lots of things that people said couldn't be done that later was disproved. I had nothing to go by on Archoil except for positive reviews since 2011 and was willing to try it for the shipping cost amid a chorus of "snake oil" from folks who had never tried it. I did try it and had positive results with my Powerstroke and even better results with several gas powered engines. It makes no difference to me whether you try it or not; I just offered it up for enlightenment. It is how I found out about the Oxygenics shower head and other things that were better than what I had previously used. Had I written them all off as unlikely, I would still be getting by with what I had, but less pleased than I am now.
I tried drier sheets for keeping out mice during the winter and only provided them with nesting material. I switched to Fresh Cab with better results but am still open to an even better rodent repellent. I just prefer being open to new ideas.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #44

Mothballs have worked for me at keeping mice away.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
Mothballs have worked for me at keeping mice away.
Ah, but that is anecdotal. LOL! Yeah, have done those too and think they are worth a try. I put them in jars or cans to keep them together.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:44 PM   #46

"Confirmation bias" is a very powerful effect that can explain all of these perceived benefits.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
"Confirmation bias" is a very powerful effect that can explain all of these perceived benefits.
I am well aware of that phenomenon and see folks have it with intake and exhaust systems and don't understand why their 1/4 mile time didn't get better. But there is a difference when something runs smoother, stops misfiring and quits bogging when the clutch is let out.
I've noted that I only see a small improvement is my newer diesel that was running fine, but a large improvement in some older gas engines that were having issues. I certainly didn't see the 8% better fuel mileage in the diesel that a few have reported, more like 3-5%.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #48

Non-Anecdotal Results

I did find this where a guy tracked his fuel mileage for a year and then tried AR6200 fuel additive:
Archoil AR6200 Combustion Catalysis and Burn Modifier - Page 32 - TheDieselGarage.com

Tags
diesel, fuel, gas