Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #1

Archoil Fuel (Diesel and Gassers) and Oil Additives

This is not the sort of thing I would normally post in this section, but I figured it would get more viewings here. In late March, I got my first diesel tow vehicle, a 2015 F350 Powerstroke. Since the US diesel fuel standard is so much lower than Europes, I had researched fuel additives to help create a "premium" diesel fuel and stumbled across this. I've only seen positive reviews and am now testing it myself with great results as in more low end power and better fuel mileage for my F350 Powerstroke. The AR6200 can be used with gas or diesel and wish I had known about it when I had my F150.
From the Archoil.com web site:

"AR6200 is suitable for use in a broad range of hydrocarbon fuel types including diesel and gasoline.

AR6200 contains a proven organometallic catalyst that improves combustion efficiency to produce a cleaner and more complete fuel burn. This results in a reduction in unburned carbon residue (mainly soot) build-up within the Turbo, EGR, DPF and other post combustion parts. With this reduction in unburned carbons, the available BTU (energy or power) that can be accessed through the combustion process is increased. The engine should experience an improvement in torque and fuel efficiency (MPG). Repair costs should be lowered over time and equipment life extended due to a cleaner running fuel system and engine.

AR6200 also contains a high quality lubricant, dispersant, detergent, demulsifier and anti-corrosion package. The dispersant dissolves difficult to burn sludge within the fuel tank, which if left untreated may eventually plug filters and injectors. The detergent package cleans the entire fuel system while the lubricant and anti-corrosion agent ensures fuel system components, pumps and injectors remain sufficiently lubricated and protected. An active demulsifier protects delicate components by separating excess water from the fuel. AR6200 will preserve most hydrocarbon fuels for up to one year."

My initial reaction was "snake oil" until I found positive reviews going back as far as 2011. I have gone from 19.2 mpg to 20.1 in just a few days of driving and felt the power increase within 5 miles of putting it in my tank. It is available from several sources including Amazon. The company also makes a highly regarded diesel oil additive.
You can get a sample that treats 80 gallons for the cost of shipping from PowerstrokeHelp.com. I have no affiliation with Archoil or PowerstrokeHelp, but am just sharing information about a product that is helpful and seems to live up to its claims.
My apologies if this post is inappropriate.

SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #2

Let me know if it works on a a Cummins.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
Let me know if it works on a a Cummins.
It works well on diesels and don't know of anyone trying it on a gasser, but I don't know why it wouldn't work on Cummins as they use the same fuel as Powerstrokes and Duramax.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Are there any verified tests of this increased torque and horsepower? The claims read like so much techno-babble. The very notion that the same "catalyst" works on gas or diesel seems terribly suspicious to me, especially if the main benefit is reduction in soot in a turbo.

You appear to have achieved a 4.6% increase in fuel economy, measured over just a couple days of use. How does that compare with the cost of the additive? Are you ahead of the game or break-even?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talking

Organometallic catalyst.......
Old 05-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #6

A friend uses it in his 2009 volvo it reduced the amount of regens by more then 50% ,which has made the mileage go up a measurable amount,I tried it and have seen a tiny increase (mpg)that could or could not be attributed the additive.
jury is still out.
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Are there any verified tests of this increased torque and horsepower? The claims read like so much techno-babble. The very notion that the same "catalyst" works on gas or diesel seems terribly suspicious to me, especially if the main benefit is reduction in soot in a turbo.

You appear to have achieved a 4.6% increase in fuel economy, measured over just a couple days of use. How does that compare with the cost of the additive? Are you ahead of the game or break-even?
I don't plan to dyno for confirmation, but I could feel the power increase, and from past experience with previous mods on other vehicles, an increase at tip in results in better fuel mileage. I think this is going to be a break even thing except for the possible reduced wear and tear of the fuel system and turbo. I will also say that the driving I have done since going with this would probably have reduced fuel mileage as I had a long uphill pull I don't normally have, plus some stop and go rush hour/construction traffic I don't usually have because my leaving for home time was pushed out some.
I am still evaluating, but with only a 26 gallon fuel tank, I am looking forward to extending towing fill ups as much as I can.
I have yet to see a negative review with the worst being not being able to tell any difference. Most mention better cold starts, smoother/quieter running and improved fuel mileage.
Getting a sample to treat 60-80 gallons for $4.95 shipping makes it worth trying just to see for yourself. Had I known about it, I would loved to have tried it in my twin turbo F150 Ecoboost.
Once I have a few thousand miles on my F350 for break in, I will try the AR9100 oil additive as the combination of the two has been reported to be about 3 mpg with a diesel.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Archoil Fuel and Oil Additive

This is an old thread, but I have been using Archoil for over a year (gas engines). I started with the fuel additive and I increased MPG by about 5% to 6% towing my 19' TT with Ford 5.4L F150 to Colorado from CA vs. the same trip a year earlier. Not scientific but enough for me.

This summer I started using the oil additive and again saw about 5% MPG increase in the F150. What was striking was when I added it to my boat. I noticed the RPM's increase and the gallon's per hour dropped within a few minutes of adding it to the running engine.

I usually don't like additives as it seems like hype, but in this case, I believe it really works. I now use Archoil (both gas and oil additive) in all my engines, motorcycle, generators, F150 and the new Motorhome.

Jay Leno has a short video on You Tube:

Old 10-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #9

...subscribed..
Old 10-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #10

For the price, they should include shipping.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It does seem expensive but with the fuel savings alone I better than break even. And if you consider that 16 oz. treats 1280 gallons or about 6.5 cents per gallon of fuel. The oil additive makes it run cooler, less resistance and less ware on engines and transmissions but I have not added it to the trans yet. Here is where I buy it from and get free shipping:

KT Performance
Old 10-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #12

It seems like you need to run it with the other products as well...

My first question is are there any large trucking companies using this ?
Old 10-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You don't have to use both products. I started with the fuel additive and when it increased my MPG, I tried the Oil additive. I have read reports that major trucking and even shipping companies use the products, but I can't say they were true. I emailed Archoil with questions and they responded back within hours. Here is a page with some case studies in Europe but I can't vouch for them. I can only say that I have found the products to work for me.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #14

thanx..time for me to start doing some research...

Tags
diesel, fuel, gas