Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #127

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
How's this. My wife and I are both veterans.
Me too.

'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #128
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks to those that served and 2x to those with spouses that served.

2010 Damon Daybreak 3204 Sport, bunkhouse with Jeep Wrangler toad.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #129

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Me too.
Me too He is pretty nice to hug too.
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #130

Monaco Owners Club
I'm a vet as well...

We've seen lots in our 4 years rving...

I stopped at one place last fall, travelling alone on business. I had the nicest rv in the campground. By a wide margin, ceopt for one, and they never went outside.

I cooked and ate outside, and walked around the whole place, talking to everyone i saw. Then sat in my comfy chair and talked to everyone who passed by, mostly walking thier dogs....

Another time, my, the dw, #1 & #3 sonss, and the dog went to a campground we'd never been b4. Dw declared there were wAy too many permanent TT's with porches. #1 son and i walked the park with the dog till late in the night, meeting fellow campers, sharing drinks, and talking late into the night...
I had a really good time. So did #1 son. DW was mad at me for a month and refuses to go back there....

Sometimes i just don't get it...
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #131
We have the PGA in town this week and our place has several Prevost units that are less than 6 months old. The owners are wonderful just working people on the road missing home. At least 2 made the cut today 4th and 12th so far last I looked.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #132
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well back to the OP of Class A's being snobs.

We traveled 150 miles today, short day. I said, why not, so I waved at every RV'er we saw coming in our direction, and I mean every RV from Prevost to Pop-up. There were many on the road.

Guess what? The only one that every waved back was a Class A.

Funny huh? So who are the snobs?
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #133
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
But, that was one of the reasons RVIA changed the designation from Class A, Class B and Class C To Type A, Type B and Type C. They didn't want people to feel that there was a "class" distinction.
Now on the other hand, folks are now "Type" cast! When I go to a campground all I see are RV'ers and it doesn't matter one bit if we are in a Class or a Type.

The only people that I might have noticed as being snobish are those that buy super expensive RVs as status symbols. Some of those folks also buy large yachts as well for much the same reason. By in large 99% of all RV'ers are just normal folks like everyone else and are out to have a good time. Most of the time, another RV'er will wave if they see you in time.
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #134
Winnebago Owners Club
Please don't paint us shy folks as snobs. We have one of class A's that many here think host snobs. I tend to be shy, warming slowly to others and am prone to stay inside. However, one of my first roadie friends has a TT and an older pick up truck. I loved that she brought me a cup of coffee our first morning in the park to ease my way into unpacking. When I returned her cup she introduced me to a few others who introduced me to a few others... I was no longer stuck in my class A prison. My DH is very outgoing so that helps. Of course if someone doesn't return a wave, they have issues beyond being shy or a snob.
SweetieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #135
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Segways are NEAT. Got a chance to ride one at the NW Meet & Greet. Wasn't the off road version though. Wife even got on and did very well.
Mr. D, what class RV is that?
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #136
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hey, I want to be a snob, but my 20 year old coach won't let me. Durn!
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #137
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
Mine is kind of an odd situation. I had a newer motorhome, a Winnie, entry level 2005 but still nice. So no problem there. I sold it and bought this old 92 Eagle, finishing up stuff and don't know how it will be accepted in parks. It's way beyond age limit. I know COE and state parks will be ok, but not sure about "normal" campgrounds. I know some will, likely some won't.

But beyond that its myself a married woman, but with hubby gone all the time, I travel alone with my mentally challenged daughter. Her disability is mild but she has Williams Syndrone so looks different. With these issues we are oddities right there, we don't fit in. Most people are married couples and they don't really want us, some neighbors at campgrounds are very nice but kind of stand offish too. It gets lonely and I wish we could just be welcomed and treated like anyone else. We are just wanting to have a good time also but its almost like some folks are afraid of us.

We have a good time together anyway, and I'm just to the point I know we will not be accepted and when we are appreciate it. We are nice folks, I don't want your husband, I'm not trying to cause issues anywhere, we just want to go and be part of the group. I thought about trying to join the single partners group but that seems a bit odd, so where do us square pegs go? I see a few couples traveling with an adult disabled "child" and notice the same thing about them. They too seem alone.

But DD and I have never met a stranger, if you need help ask me I will if I can. If you want to be friendly come on over we are but we will not force you to be friends if you don't want to be.
Hi Pat, sure wish we could meet you girls on the CG sometime. You sound like the kind of people we like to meet and fellowship with. We'll show you some of that good old southern hospitality! Have fun & God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #138
Ford Super Duty Owner
The only real snobish behavior I have seen came from campground owners.
Of course I understand it take all kinds to make the world go around.

Mine is the White Ford

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #139
That can be anyone that has more money thinking they are better. Doesn't matter if it's a motorhome or car or house. Be like me I have an 86 winnie, so even people with a newer class c paid more than me.
jimbo16720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #140
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I have detected "reverse discrimination" at times. I get a kick thinking that some folks must think I have a lot of money because of my rig.

The truth is that my payments are just higher than theirs. It's nice of the bank to let me use their motor home.
I agree. I don't own anything expensive. The bank does. They just like giving me money.......Silly buggers!!!

Les (RVM12), Bonnie, Morgan and 4 leggers Bella & Bruce
2010 Forest River Cardinal 3450RL 40' Full Body Paint- 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 ltr Turbo Diesel, 68RFE Trans. 4x4 SRW SB Pullrite 2900 18K FMCA-420438 Good Sam
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote