Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #141
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I refuse to lower myself to post in this thread.
You just did din't you?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #142
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Hug a Vet this weekend!

I hug a vet every night. :-)
I hugged a vet and he gave me a de-worming pill and stuck a thermometer up my a--. (LOL)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #143

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Personally, I've never noticed a "class" difference around the campground.

People are people. We just choose a different way to get to the same place to do the same thing!
I don't find that either and we talk to everyone.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #144

Newmar Owners Club
Ya know, if certain folks are the kind of person (people) who are attracted to promoting, and engaging in this valueless, phony, "class warfare" GAME, (in this case labeling folks as "snobs" based on the kind of RV rig they drive), such folks are really a long way from figuring out or appreciating what is at the heart of, or the core motivation of, the RV lifestyle.

If ya can't live without contributing to such absolute nonsense, move to Washington D.C. where certain folks thrive on such b.s. cause it sure ain't what motivates the heart and soul of the vast majority of RV'rs that we've shared campfires with all across this nation.

Peace, Harmony and FREEDOM to ya all.

Steve
Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #145

Anybody with the wherewith-all to travel around in a motor home is privileged. Congratulations, nice rig.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Ya know, if certain folks are the kind of person (people) who are attracted to promoting, and engaging in this valueless, phony, "class warfare" GAME, (in this case labeling folks as "snobs" based on the kind of RV rig they drive), such folks are really a long way from figuring out or appreciating what is at the heart of, or the core motivation of, the RV lifestyle.

If ya can't live without contributing to such absolute nonsense, move to Washington D.C. where certain folks thrive on such b.s. cause it sure ain't what motivates the heart and soul of the vast majority of RV'rs that we've shared campfires with all across this nation.

Peace, Harmony and FREEDOM to ya
all.

Steve
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieZ View Post
Please don't paint us shy folks as snobs. We have one of class A's that many here think host snobs. I tend to be shy, warming slowly to others and am prone to stay inside. However, one of my first roadie friends has a TT and an older pick up truck. I loved that she brought me a cup of coffee our first morning in the park to ease my way into unpacking. When I returned her cup she introduced me to a few others who introduced me to a few others... I was no longer stuck in my class A prison. My DH is very outgoing so that helps. Of course if someone doesn't return a wave, they have issues beyond being shy or a snob.
My wife could have written this post, She to is shy and sometimes it takes a bit of time. Now me, she worries when I'll be back when I take the pups for a walk, depends on how many new friends I make.
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #148

Have not found snobbery to be an issue. Of course, I'm an introvert and I've rubbed off on my DW, so maybe we just don't notice people being that way. We've owned everything from a backpack to a Class A, and now a medium sized FW, and I could care less if someone looks down on me for any reason. Just get out there and enjoy life regardless of the size of your pocketbook.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #149
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post

Peace, Harmony and FREEDOM to ya all.

Steve
Well said!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #150

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SNOB

The folks that don't know me call me "Oh, no, here he comes, better perk up"

The people that Work for me call me, "Oh Sh&t here he comes, better do something"

The people that hang out with me call me when they need something, because they know I will do what I can.

Only the folks that are intimidated by me call me a snob,,,,, like I care

I have a Class A, but just the other day had the best of times with the folks next ot us in a Tent.......

I don't think the "class a" makes the Snob come out, I think it is the Perception that folks have,

The same folks that can't see past their nose....
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #151

Freightliner Owners Club
Just a bigger toy. Big toys, little toys--not a big deal. The way I look at it, no matter
what you own, there will always be someone with one a little better and more
expensive. I'm just glad for what I've got and look forward to the next thrill of driving the open roads of the USA. After almost full-timing the past two years, I've yet to meet a unfriendly RVer or camper. I'm sure I will, but not yet.
zeeyaarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #152
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Being a Bank-Owned RV renter (LOL), I wonder if it is a bit of intimidation that gives the people who view Class A campers as snobs? Surely you don't just assume because the people have a big rig that that are un-approachable and snobbish.

Heck, I'm one of the nicest people they would ever meet! Just ask me!
In fact, I might just exceed their expectations as a likeable guy and spend all my time at their campsite dinking and carrying on and eventually they may have to get rude and ask me to leave I'm so friendly. LOL
Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #153

I think it depends a lot on the campground you stay in. Most state, county, and muncipal camprounds seem to be friendly for everyone. I find myself being my own biggest critic. If your rig looks crappy you sense it. Clean it up, and let folks think you are a eccentric who has restored a classic old bus. Class A's seem to be more for the dedicated full timers. Try to be a good neighbor to everyone.
1991 Itasca Windcruiser and 1990 Geo Tracker
k7uq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile Just saw this thread on Facebook

We are sitting is a campground right now. Us in our class A there are tents, pop ups, airstream, class C's all around. They all have young children and we do not. They all seem to be friends and sit together and we are the outsiders. I...s it because our rig is bigger or do they think we are snobs because they think we paid alot for our rig? Little do they know.. we love being around kids, love the laughs and their games. But I can also see where alot of people with their class A could be considered. They don't wave while driving because they are driving! Their rig may have cost $$$$$ and they want it to stay perfect. The interior comfort is so nice... What is the answer in my opinion... Go over and talk to them!We mentioned this thread to a few friends here at the campground and they said it is no different than at home and then we thought about when we go boating. Us in our sailboat where we don't have the full generator to keep a/c running so we sit on deck the majority of the time. Then there are those who just like to be on the water and as soon as they get anchored go inside to the comfort. Relinda

Ted wanted me to add to the driving and waving thing... Do you really want someone driving a class A rig to take their hands off the wheel? Have you seen some of these drivers?
TednRelinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome