Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #183

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Went out for a overnight trip to a nearby campground. I decided to wave to any and all RV's that I passed. The ones who waved back the most where the 55+ group.
It was interesting though that it was a group of bikers out for a ride that gave me a sign for the speed trap!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #184

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To answer the question in the subject line....

Some PEOPLE are snobs.. and since those of us who drive Class A motor homes are PEOPLE. Some of us are .. Well, not very nice.

Others are very nice.

Same as 5ers TTers, Tenters and non-campers. No difference.

Member's meeting in park today.. Manager menteioned Prevost motor homes.. Had one park next to me last December.. (Man, that is one SWEET ride) that's around 1/2 to one million worth of house on wheels.. Makes me feel a bit.. er.. poor in my 100K Gasser.. Driver was one of the nicest folks I've ever met (Which by the way was no surprise) I helped him pay for it too... (I bought one of his CD's) .

Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #185

Someone else had this question, so I am just bumping it up so they can find it.

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #186

Snob, not really! I was 64 years old before we purchased our first class A. My DW and I have worked hard all our life, raised 4 children and put them all through university without any student loans following them. My home and cars are free and clear and we have no debt except our class A. Should I apologize because we worked hard, manage our financials and now we want to enjoy our retirement? Not in your wildest dreams...we are proud of what we have accomplished and now we deserve a few years to enjoy our life's labors.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #187

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #188

Being a non MH owner, I've never thought any MH'ers were snobs. I am just jealous of all the storage compartments I always enjoy seeing the units and wondering how pimped out they are on the inside! Most I see are older folks mostlikely retired and/or full timers. When its younger folks, I just wonder what the heck they do for a living.

I've pretty much camped seasonally for the last 10 years but pull the camper out for week trips or occasional weekend trips to other locations. For the most part, the local communities in campgrounds (seasonal folks) can be real jerks and I'm about fed up with it. I started with a popup, then an 18' TT... All in the meantime and over the years, I got to know some regulars there. The day I backed in a brand new fifth wheel with 3 slides, I had one of the newest units in the park and then peoples tone changed they started making sny remarks and calling me "Money Bags"... Really?? That only happened for so long until I spoke my mind to some people and shut them up real quick! I work hard for what I have and feel very blessed.
As remarks still came, I quickly and wittly fired back...after so long it became comical and fun for me. One couple that kept saying stuff to me actually lived in a trailer less than 5 miles away from their trailer in the park... so just imagine what I told them...
I like to camp and travel around, the last 15 years I have literally abused my mind and body working in the home improvement business. My back is messed up and I've had arthritis in my knees since 19 years old from wrestling youth, HS and collegiate. My kees got way worse since I started working. Being around all the chemicals daily and weekly from remodeling has affected me as well.
Because of this, I am a firm believer in having fun NOW because my actual retirement may or maynot suck! I know too many people that died within 3 months after retirement...

STAY AWAY FROM SEASONAL COMMUNITIES!!! These are the reasons why I'm getting a generator and prepping my unit for boondocking.
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #189

We started in tents ., moved to pop up ., moved to TT now . I have never ran across a " snob " in class. A. Or another. Rv .

Sometime people get offended for other rvers not taking the 1st step to say hello? Not what there camping in or driving in

It's kind of like riding. My Harley . " You ride a Harley attitude " no , I ride what I like to ride is a Harley . Are they more expensive , probably ,

For one time , instead of deciding your opinion. On someone. Or something , go with open mind and open attitude , might have a better out come ?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
Being a non MH owner, I've never thought any MH'ers were snobs. I am just jealous of all the storage compartments I always enjoy seeing the units and wondering how pimped out they are on the inside!
Compared to my 5er, there is so much more storage space. I joke that I have storage space just to store my storage space.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

Compared to my 5er, there is so much more storage space. I joke that I have storage space just to store my storage space.
That's funny at the end of the day, storage is king! ...along with a great awning and outside tv compartment (I don't have that either) :(
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #192

Where I park at our dune camp(always in the same spot & everybody know it), I didn't use my awning with my 5er and won't with my MH. And... I have never been impressed with outside TVs. The only time I see them at night, the kids are wearing out their thumbs playing some action game.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
Where I park at our dune camp(always in the same spot & everybody know it), I didn't use my awning with my 5er and won't with my MH. And... I have never been impressed with outside TVs. The only time I see them at night, the kids are wearing out their thumbs playing some action game.
True. I think the absolute only way I would become a snob is if my wife would let me install a friggin Beer Meister... (she said its not happenin) (women...)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #194
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
You know....to no fault of their own, some Class A people may just be introverts and not the "happy go lucky, glad to be alive, willing to share all my thoughts" kind of people.

I think I met one of those once! Had to use a crowbar to get a hello out of him!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #195

Snobs by definition are folks that think they are better than everyone else. Whereas I am better than everyone else so I can't be a snob, just superior!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
You know....to no fault of their own, some Class A people may just be introverts and not the "happy go lucky, glad to be alive, willing to share all my thoughts" kind of people.

I think I met one of those once! Had to use a crowbar to get a hello out of him!
Lots of dough can make pepes miserable.. I know an older couple very well off in the wallet department. Married 30+ years but in a way, kind of annoyed with each other. They went out and paid cash for a steller Class C - 32' long, a couple slideouts and the works including a premium paint package. After a 2-3 month road trip, they came back and got divorced. They are both kinda "self miserable" people and I don't think even being apart will cure anything..

Tags
motorhome