Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
True. I think the absolute only way I would become a snob is if my wife would let me install a friggin Beer Meister... (she said its not happenin) (women...)
My doctor said I could have one beer a day. Nuff said?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
Snobs by definition are folks that think they are better than everyone else. Whereas I am better than everyone else so I can't be a snob, just superior!
Those who think they are better that anybody else, really upset those of who actually are.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #199

If any class A MH'er has these thoughts, just know that you should relax and not think this. The only snobs in the RV community is Fifth wheel owners...
Here's the story:

My wife used to work at PennDot taking calls for liscensing and registration. In her years of working there she also took many calls for "trailer" registration. In PA and probably most or all other states anything hitchable (utility trailer, popup, TT, fifthwheel etc...) is registered as a trailer. Again, by DOT, a Fifth Wheel is CONSIDERED A TRAILER...
When taking calls, only the fifth wheel owner would get all worked up and yell and scream at her over the phone...

"Its a fifth wheel, not a trailer"!
"No,No,No! Why the h3ll are you calling our luxury fifth wheel a trailer"!!
"I am [moderator edit] offended that you have the nerve to call my 5'er a trailer"!!!
"Its a fifth wheel! I want to speak with your superviser"!
"I am not paying this registration until you change it to a fifthwheel because its not a [moderator edit] trailer"!
"People that have trailers can't afford fifth wheels so don't insult me"!
"You sound like a [moderator edit], what do you know about 5'ers"! (Really?)

There ya go, that's a few and these comments are true and escalated to screaming matches on a daily basis. I bought a fifth wheel "trailer" for 2 reasons, I like the extra space and overall headroom and most importantly for the safer towing qualities and that's about it.
I think most "fifth wheel" people feel a large sense of worth that they have more expensive hitches and beefy trucks. With most fifth wheel people it seems to become a style, class and wealth issue but I don't understand why basically being a trucker on the road makes you feel cool...

Its funny for my wife and I though, after all the insults and yelling we always go out of our way to compliment fifth wheel owners...
"That's one heck of a nice camper"!
"Now that's a real nice trailer"!

Try it sometime, you will get some of the dirtiest looks ever and it is funny... we do it all the time very few are like us and are grounded with reality...

ITS A TRAILER, PEOPLE!
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #200

I'll bet the ones on insisting it's a fifth wheel are the first to say it's a trailer come TAX time.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #201

Quote:
If any class A MH'er has these thoughts, just know that you should relax and not think this. The only snobs in the RV community is Fifth wheel owners...
Here's the story:

My wife used to work at PennDot taking calls for liscensing and registration. In her years of working there she also took many calls for "trailer" registration. In PA and probably most or all other states anything hitchable (utility trailer, popup, TT, fifthwheel etc...) is registered as a trailer. Again, by DOT, a Fifth Wheel is CONSIDERED A TRAILER...
When taking calls, only the fifth wheel owner would get all worked up and yell and scream at her over the phone...

"Its a fifth wheel, not a trailer"!
"No,No,No! Why the h3ll are you calling our luxury fifth wheel a trailer"!!
"I am [moderator edit] offended that you have the nerve to call my 5'er a trailer"!!!
"Its a fifth wheel! I want to speak with your superviser"!
"I am not paying this registration until you change it to a fifthwheel because its not a [moderator] trailer"!
"People that have trailers can't afford fifth wheels so don't insult me"!
"You sound like a [moderator edit], what do you know about 5'ers"! (Really?)

There ya go, that's a few and these comments are true and escalated to screaming matches on a daily basis. I bought a fifth wheel "trailer" for 2 reasons, I like the extra space and overall headroom and most importantly for the safer towing qualities and that's about it.
I think most "fifth wheel" people feel a large sense of worth that they have more expensive hitches and beefy trucks. With most fifth wheel people it seems to become a style, class and wealth issue but I don't understand why basically being a trucker on the road makes you feel cool...

Its funny for my wife and I though, after all the insults and yelling we always go out of our way to compliment fifth wheel owners...
"That's one heck of a nice camper"!
"Now that's a real nice trailer"!

Try it sometime, you will get some of the dirtiest looks ever and it is funny... we do it all the time very few are like us and are grounded with reality...

ITS A TRAILER, PEOPLE!
Now that's FUNNY
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #202

I bought my 5er out of necessity. I had two sandrails. Full size and a mini. I backed in the mini, jacked up the front and drove the full size under it. I needed 15' 8" from door to counter and ended up needing a 33'er.

I got tired of having to unload to have a place to sit down, so I bought my Breeze and a 20' enclosed. Now, when I get to the dunes, I turn off the key and unload when I want to. That's usually about Beer:30.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #203

Whats great is when people with toyhaulers are able to register them with the PTI sticker or plate. Then they only pay $10 every 5 years. Sneaky buggers... I'm definately jealous of that!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #204

I hope all the MH people here like me because I think I won't be allowed back in the fifth wheel section...

Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
Whats great is when people with toyhaulers are able to register them with the PTI sticker or plate. Then they only pay $10 every 5 years. Sneaky buggers... I'm definately jealous of that!
I payed something like 70 bux or so for a lifetime tag otherwise its $37 per year for me... so I saved quite a bit the last 7 years. The lifetime tags are no longer transferable to my knowledge so a new trailer would require paying over again but it's still a good deal if you plan on having the same thing for more than 3 years.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #206

I'm in cali... so you'd probably need to multiply that by 400%! I've never heard of lifetime tags out here. I believe my dads tags on his 5th wheel were somewhere along the lines of 4-6 hundred a year!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #207

I couldn't get a "Perm" tag for my 5er.
My 12 YO 5er was $70/year.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #208

I've only seen a few with them. One of which was bought empty & the guy put in all the appliances & furniture, which is how he was able to get it that way. The other one was a weekend warrior type, so not sure how they got it.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #209

PA is cheap for registrations... (they just screw ya everywhere else)
Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #210

Quote:
I hope all the MH people here like me because I think I won't be allowed back in the fifth wheel section...

Sorry . . . ONLY class A Motorhome owners are allowed to even READ in this forum!

LOL! Guess I'm out .. harumph! I'm gonna take my thread and go home!

(NOT!)

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome